Sponsored

'17 GT350 vs '17 Camaro SS 1LE

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
When will the new 1LE be available at dealers? I'd love to drive one. I drove the last 1LE - it was faster than my 2015 base GT, but not noticeably so when driving. And there were so many other things I didn't like about it that it was an easy decision to buy the Ford. I suppose they still have that dumb matte hood and 20 inch rims...

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Transmission cooler is standard. So it will win any event longer than 20 minutes with a base or Tech.
Last time I checked there weren't any winners at track days. No plastic trophies, no champagne, nothing. Just a lighter wallet, less rubber left, and many smiles. There are however losers, the one's who think its a race and end up putting 4 off.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Last time I checked there weren't any winners at track days. No plastic trophies, no champagne, nothing. Just a lighter wallet, less rubber left, and many smiles. There are however losers, the one's who think its a race and end up putting 4 off.
This is a versus thread.... unless it's a modern day versus thread where everybody goes home with a participation award.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And if the organization is smart they forbid even timing the laps.

This is a versus thread.... unless it's a modern day versus thread where everybody goes home with a participation award.
In a magazine test with theoretical same pro driver in both cars.. Vs reality where the driver means more than the car when they are close.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Ha ha. Love this. So true.

Hancock

The Camaro Protagonist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Some people are just more competitive. How competitive can one be or not be?:shrug:

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
When u think about it these comparisons are weird. First of all its a mustang forum so u wont get an honest opinion, second, the 1le is not even out yet. These cars need to be driven on the same day with a pro driver to actually see where they are standing, and only one magazine does that. Unfortunately that magazine is believed to be bow tie biased so even their results mean nothing in this mustang community. In real world straight ways, automatic car with better tire/ traction will win, all u have to do is step on gas and let the computer do its thing. The road coarse is a drivers race.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The 1LE will be a great car, and if you are willing to wait for a custom build it will be easily attainable.

I do think the GT350 will be more special, but of course seems to be much more difficult to get due to dealers adding a metric crap-ton of markup (or at least trying to).

The Mustang of course looks much sexier.

Don't think you can go wrong with either.

-T

Hancock

The Camaro Protagonist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS A8
They should do a 1 mile race. The quarter is going to be close depending on the driver. The Camaro won't be faster in the corners though.
LOLWHUT? This isn't the Hellcat class....these are road course cars. I'll bet the 1LE corners better than the non-R 350.

Would be very interesting if they put a hot LT1 in the GS/1LE.

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
LOLWHUT? This isn't the Hellcat class....these are road course cars. I'll bet the 1LE corners better than the non-R 350.

Would be very interesting if they put a hot LT1 in the GS/1LE.
Yeah but every Camaro owner seems to want to compare them in a straight line. I was simply saying that if they were to be raced in such a way it should be a 1 mile race. I still think the non-R 350 with the magneride suspension will be faster especially with sticky rubber. They will be closer in weight after all of the upgrades on the Camaro only the GT350 has more power and a broader power band.
Sponsored