Sponsored

'17 GT350 vs '17 Camaro SS 1LE

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Please leave the mustang forum. You Camaro guys can go talk your chit in your own Camaro room.
thats true,and i am sticking with the CRAPMARO 1le will not beat the GT350 around the track.:ford:
:cheers::lol:
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I wouldn't be surprised if the 1LE is neck and neck. It's a great bang for the buck. There's just nothing special about that motor, or any GM motor, LT4 included(supercharged, whoopty do). Doesn't matter if X car is faster than Y car, because there will always be someone faster than you, and that's just an endless losing battle. Speed doesn't equal passion.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
LOLWHUT? This isn't the Hellcat class....these are road course cars. I'll bet the 1LE corners better than the non-R 350.

Would be very interesting if they put a hot LT1 in the GS/1LE.
I'll take that bet. It won't beat a track pack.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
:lol:

The next 1LE isn't the same, competition derived SS it was before. The 1LE had competition type equipment and a Z06 transmission. It was kinda special...

The new 1LE looks to be a standard 2SS w/ all the optional SS Performance Equipment Standard. It's a part bin package on a parts bin car :lol:

If you pay over $40,000 for a 2017 1LE, your doing it wrong and so is Chevy. Put it this way, a 2017 2SS is already $43,000. Good luck with a $2000 1LE option...

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Speed doesn't equal passion.
Well said! :thumbsup:

You mean the base model now lol. And for less than 45k, it better not faster than a 56k car.
Why not? The newer cars should be able to beat the older models. Just like the $63k R from 2015 beats the $75K Z from 2014. Although in my opinion the R wins in not just raw speed but also in many other categories such as ride quality, interior, visibility, appearance, etc. I doubt the 2015 GT350 even base $50k model will be beaten by a 1LE in all the intangibles - even if it is marginally faster with a pro driver around a track. If the upcoming, not yet released models aren't better than those from a few years ago, the manufacturer isn't really trying to compete and they have completely given up. I could see GM doing that, but it seems as though they are still at least trying to compete.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Why not? The newer cars should be able to beat the older models. Just like the $63k R beats the $75K Z. If not, the manufacturer isn't really trying to compete and they have completely given up. I could see GM doing that, but it seems as though they are still at least trying to compete.
a 2017 2SS is already $43,000... It wouldn't surprise me to see a 1LE command $5000-$7500 more than that. This 1LE is less competition focused and it seems loaded up to 2SS standard. It could be close to $50,000 but only actually be a tad faster than a 1SS :lol:

it will take an 80,000 z28 to keep up with a $63,000 GT350R and that is still a stretch as of now.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Why not? The newer cars should be able to beat the older models. Just like the $63k R from 2015 beats the $75K Z from 2014. Although in my opinion the R wins in not just raw speed but also in many other categories such as ride quality, interior, visibility, appearance, etc. If the upcoming, not yet released models aren't better than those from a few years ago, the manufacturer isn't really trying to compete and they have completely given up. I could see GM doing that, but it seems as though they are still at least trying to compete.
And the R beating the Z was an impressive feat. Ford deserves all the praise it is getting for the R as it is one of the best American Made cars of all time. But lets not act like there will be some seriously upset people if a track pack SS beats the special track model for the Mustang. I do not think it will, but my guess is that it is very close.

Edit: just for clarification, I am talking about the 350 base model, not the R. I think the 1LE will be very close to the base 350.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And the R beating the Z was an impressive feat. Ford deserves all the praise it is getting for the R as it is one of the best American Made cars of all time. But lets not act like there will be some seriously upset people if a track pack SS beats the special track model for the Mustang. I do not think it will, but my guess is that it is very close.
It should be faster is what I'm saying. If not, GM really failed. Whether someone gets upset or not - heck, people get upset every day over lots of stuff. It's just a comparison of two mullet mobiles.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
It should be faster is what I'm saying. If not, GM really failed. Whether someone gets upset or not - heck, people get upset every day over lots of stuff.
You think the 1LE, which is going to be 10k-12k and 75 hp less, will be faster due to one year difference? Lets not forget that the alpha and LT1 are older than the 350 lol. Not that it makes any difference at all.

Edit: your post to me sounds like you are already building excuses in, if it does run close or beats it (which I do not think it will).

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It should be faster is what I'm saying. If not, GM really failed. Whether someone gets upset or not - heck, people get upset every day over lots of stuff. It's just a comparison of two mullet mobiles.
The GT350 has been out for almost 2 years already. I mean hurry the f@ck up!!! Ford won't budge on anything until Chevy starts doing something.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You think the 1LE, which is going to be 10k-12k and 75 hp less, will be faster due to one year difference? Lets not forget that the alpha and LT1 are older than the 350 lol. Not that it makes any difference at all.

Edit: your post to me sounds like you are already building excuses in, if it does run close or beats it (which I do not think it will).
10-12k less then the gt350 base? Lmao. Listen the 1Le is NOT going to beat a GT350. Period. Get that out of your head.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
10-12k less then the gt350 base? Lmao. Listen the 1Le is NOT going to beat a GT350. Period. Get that out of your head.
Isn't the new base 350 56K? I think the 1LE is going to be 44-46k. And if you have read my posts, I do not think the 1LE is going to beat the 350. But if it is close, I think thats a win on Chevy's part. Now if it gets obliterated, then that is a different story. I do not think we will have to wait much longer.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Isn't the new base 350 56K? I think the 1LE is going to be 44-46k. And if you have read my posts, I do not think the 1LE is going to beat the 350. But if it is close, I think thats a win on Chevy's part. Now if it gets obliterated, then that is a different story. I do not think we will have to wait much longer.
What do you consider a win on GM's part? I mean you say you don't think it'll beat a GT350 but you says it's a win for GM. ALSO what do you consider obliterated? 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds?

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
What do you consider a win on GM's part? I mean you say you don't think it'll beat a GT350 but you says it's a win for GM. ALSO what do you consider obliterated? 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds?
I think if it is close around a track, it will be a win on Chevy's part, not necessarily a loss for Ford considering what they put under the hood for less than 60k. As far as seconds around a track, it would depend on the track they ran at. I think it will be the gap compared to the Z vs TP 350, just that the 1LE will be the slower.
Sponsored