Sponsored

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
I barely broke 1500 miles today. Just getting used to the power once again. I spent the last 2 years in a car with 160wtq only. It was a different level of enthusiasm on the ft86club forum though . I felt like a complete newb there. But after a while it started turning into nothing but stance and rocket bunny pictures. After it was found that the drivetrain can't handle power reliably. My friends turbo frs sat in his driveway for a year with a blown motor and overheating problems. Then once you get some power it has little traction being so light. Now I see posts about sales dropping like crazy. The mustang ecoboost will go the opposite direction I think. It's drivetrain can handle and put down the power. Now just need the power.

Should rename this thread. Ecoboost enthusiasts unite! Lol
Funny that you say that. The past couple of years had me reading that forum quite a lot as I very much wanted a FRS/BRZ. I still like those cars quite a bit, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I would've ended up spending a lot of time and money chasing power in that car. I think with the ecoboost there is a lot more potential. It certainly starts off with more grunt...even if the car is obviously bigger/heavier than one of the twins :)
Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Funny that you say that. The past couple of years had me reading that forum quite a lot as I very much wanted a FRS/BRZ. I still like those cars quite a bit, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I would've ended up spending a lot of time and money chasing power in that car. I think with the ecoboost there is a lot more potential. It certainly starts off with more grunt...even if the car is obviously bigger/heavier than one of the twins :)
True about the weight difference. But we're are only talking around 400lbs when comparing to the brz premium with the base ecoboost. And look at how much more you get for the same price. Add on enough suspension parts and the ecoboost can handle nearly as well also. Just wait until the gt350r numbers are out to see what this frame is capable of.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I think back of when I got my Coyote. It was early on and everyone was tuning, racing, trying to figure out what was going to work...who could be the quickest, who the best tuner was, etc. There was a hard core group of like minded people on several forums and it was fun. Yeah, it was competitive and there were egos involved (there still are, just look at WMS...still bragging about their Coyote times), but it was about performance. This forum is about it for the EcoBoost. The forum over on SVT has not really gained any traction. I just think there is a different mindset with this car and it is not really my peer group. There are some guys here that are into performance in a big way, like you for example, but I think more are not. Just kind of bums me out.
I bought my car for the same reason, but also know I won't have the time money to do much until the summer, which I assume by then the options will be greatly increased. I think once more options become available, more will jump into the fray as well. The one major difference, is a lot is already known about the Coyotes. The fact that there is already so much interest in the EB bodes well for the platform just a few months in. Give it another few months and I think it'll be on track.

But, I do agree there are a lot of people that post simply to post and aren't that interested in learning (the 93 vs 87 thread I ended up ignoring). I like the toys in my car - as evidenced by what I bought - and figure the rest can catch up.

With all of that said, I enjoyed your posts and would miss your work on the EB, but you need to do what'll make you happy (and the BOSS would not be a bad choice).

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
One side of me wants to mock you for being a drama queen, but the other side of me agrees completely - it is hard to believe that this car (any car, really) is making Mustang GT owners look like a mature, exclusive bunch. :lol:
I wouldn't go that far ;)

But, to add what I posted I do think the EB has brought a lot of fresh faces to the Mustang community/platform. It's just gonna take awhile for us all to mesh ;)

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
True about the weight difference. But we're are only talking around 400lbs when comparing to the brz premium with the base ecoboost. And look at how much more you get for the same price. Add on enough suspension parts and the ecoboost can handle nearly as well also. Just wait until the gt350r numbers are out to see what this frame is capable of.
No kidding on the bang for your buck. The price I paid for my EB Premium was so close to what most dealers around here want for a FR-S, it wasn't even funny. I was very pleasantly surprised at the handling and overall size of the car when I test drove it (I'm not a fan of big cars.)

Sponsored

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
To be honest, I love this car so far. It's surprisingly fun. I'm down probably ~70whp from my last car, and up about ~600lbs...

I still love it. I'm going to do FBO & suspension work... and drive it for a while.

Once I get my FBO, Suspension, new wheels, tires etc... I'll be doing a turbo kit & buying new rods/etc.
By this point, I'll have had this car for 2-3 years... and I'll fall back in love with it haha.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Ecoboost is cool and very impressive. The day is coming.

Coyote has changed the world. Just how easy can a bolt on car run 9's.

Last edited:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I want to see a full bolt on tuned cars power potential. Meth results would be nice as well. Hopefully soon as I am also getting bored...

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
You can put on all the bolt-ons you want but if there isn't enough fuel it doesn't make much of a difference

Darkrune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO EB
HPFP and and new in tank will take care of the fueling issue. The car has barely started to ramp up in support. To me, this is the new EvoX. You will see this car ripping up the track in the next couple years.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Hey, it is what it is. I know myself all too well and my enthusiasm has waned. I also find myself largely at odds with an ownership group that wants to argue over such subjects as the validity of running 87 octane. When one of the hottest topics on the "Engine/Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust and tuning" section of the most popular board for the platform is about running the car on 87 and reduced power levels, I think I bought the wrong car.

Mike
So ignore that segment and be a leader in the performance side. Coming from the import (kdm) scene where they are still debating the merits of quality spark plugs with a tune and using Cerma for 15,000 miles, I fully appreciate your frustration.

Where the EB platform is going to excel, and quickly, is with the support from top tier vendors and then those owners with extensive background in tuner/turbos switching to this platform. If I wasn't dead-set on going back to a V8, I'd be excited to be on the front edge of the EB performance builds.

In the end though, it sucks driving a car that that doesn't make you smile each time you start it up...

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
You can put on all the bolt-ons you want but if there isn't enough fuel it doesn't make much of a difference
I think the stock fuel system is capable of supporting bolt ons. It's all in the tune. Which is the combo I want to see. Livernois has gone plenty quick on stock fuel system. Iam not against running meth if need be either.

OP
OP

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I think we should all watch Mark Carlyle. He is going to destroy everyone, and I mean everyone, with this platform. He had his car for one day and already tore it apart. That car is going to be unreal. I wish I had his budget.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I think we should all watch Mark Carlyle. He is going to destroy everyone, and I mean everyone, with this platform. He had his car for one day and already tore it apart. That car is going to be unreal. I wish I had his budget.
Well I plan to support us not financially gifted people. I plan to have full bolt ons by summer time then turbo upgrade by the end of the year or beginning of next year. Yes I know I will have to deal with the fueling issue but I will deal with it when I get to that point.
Sponsored