Sponsored

Deespeed99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT / '15 Ecoboost Mustang
I think we should all watch Mark Carlyle. He is going to destroy everyone, and I mean everyone, with this platform. He had his car for one day and already tore it apart. That car is going to be unreal. I wish I had his budget.
Not doubting the guy (because he has done great, great things) but these cars are going to need the dedicated ford guys to tune it in order to get anything out of them unless the stock computer is switched out. I can't see him doing any more then a Rev Auto or Lund tuned car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Not doubting the guy (because he has done great, great things) but these cars are going to need the dedicated ford guys to tune it in order to get anything out of them unless the stock computer is switched out. I can't see him doing any more then a Rev Auto or Lund tuned car.
That car will be on some kind of standalone with the goals he has. His car will be a full blown effort. He does not do anything half-assed and it is not a daily driver, but a dedicated race car.

Has anyone even heard from Lund or Revolution lately? Last I saw they were testing a downpipe, made great numbers and went silent after that.

Mike

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
I asked Beefcake about the Lund tunes about two weeks ago and was told they were testing but have not heard anything else as well.

Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Mustang performance parts shop employees daily work schedule for January 2015.
7.5 hours for GT
15 minutes for ecoboost
15 minutes for v6.
Go home and get drunk....

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Rev Auto has a featured article on their EB on the SVTperformance website.

Shows what they've been up to.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
I think the stock fuel system is capable of supporting bolt ons. It's all in the tune. Which is the combo I want to see. Livernois has gone plenty quick on stock fuel system. Iam not against running meth if need be either.
Well I know the stock fuel system has trouble with a tune and exhaust in cold weather. I've run multiple logs and had multiple tune revisions. You will see...

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Well I know the stock fuel system has trouble with a tune and exhaust in cold weather. I've run multiple logs and had multiple tune revisions. You will see...
Both instances I've heard have been with the same tune.The tune i almost got actually , ATM glad I waited .

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
This is exactly what we have seen and why we have our Stage 1 tune out, and stage 2 still under way along with stage 3.

Just another reason why we do things differently with these cars. How many people found out the hard way their car was out of fuel because there was not enough testing done on the front side of tune releases?

While you seem to be lucky and haven't had a failure, it's the exact reason we do all development on our own car, rather than make the customer our test bed. Luck only lasts so long.

Unfortunately, every time a new EcoBoost platform comes out, we try to educate the community before they learn this stuff the hard way, but we are always met with pushback. And why we warned people E85 would not work, these cars can handle tunes and bolt ons, so long as the tune is proper. But definitely not enough to supply the 1.4 GGE that E85 needs.

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
The majority of the shops, including us are on the east coast and we are working on our cars, waiting for parts to be developed/released and waiting on the warmer weather.

Our car just got put back together with a Mcleod clutch, Driveshaft shop CF driveshaft, Blowfish shifter bracket and our FMIC is in the works and on the way to be installed very soon. We are also addressing the fueling issues and making sure everything is ready for these new mods.

We did the initial testing back in Oct/Nov when we were one of the first shops to get our hands on the EB. We were the first to release an OR downpipe and the first to install/test the Airaid CAI with great results. We will be traveling down south for some test and tune very shortly and will show what a true bolt on car, at stock weight with stock wheels and DR's can do, something we feel will reflect what the majority of EB owners want to see and would do themselves.

Also check out the latest issue of Race Pages, there is a very good write up on our car and the progress we made last year. You can find it on www.nmradigital.com

Thanks,

JJ

OP
OP

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I think there is a good deal to be learned about this platform over the next few months. Even if I no longer have an EB, I am going to keep up with it.

Mike

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I think there is a good deal to be learned about this platform over the next few months. Even if I no longer have an EB, I am going to keep up with it.

Mike
Mike, don't give up on the EB just yet. We will be releasing a bunch of REALLY COOL stuff very soon!