15 Mustang Paxton, Ported 18 Manifold, No cats - Dyno Results (E85 Updated 7/18/2018)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Dang dude, yea if that's the case I can see why. Very true it is definitely safer to run E85 and I feel much better now running at this power level.

Things I'm looking into at the moment:

1. Built/Sleeved short block (not in the near near future but I'm saving up for it)

2. Smaller pulley, most likely just going down to a 3.6" and keeping it there on the stock block and E85.

3. Upgraded feed line and rails. (Limited to 850whp at the moment)

4. GT350 Throttle body (waiting for some results on this before pulling the trigger).

5. Cams/Ported heads (not sure need to do more research).
Awesome, looking forward to more results after :headbang: The pulley change should be easy enough for your first one and give a decent increase.

OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, looking forward to more results after :headbang: The pulley change should be easy enough for your first one and give a decent increase.
Definitely man, I'll update once I start making changes. That is pretty much the first thing I will be doing for sure haha.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT Auto & Recaros
It is about 95% plug and play in my opinion. The only part that that is not plug and play is the fact that you have to cut the factory fuel pump pigtail wire and solder them to the new gt350 pump pigtail (or you could depin the factory one and repin them to the gt350). I'm good at wiring and soldering so I went that route and pretty much looked like factory with everything covered and taped up lol. The two hardest things I went through were as follows:

1. Routing the wiring and fuel line through the bottom of the car. I had to drop the fuel tank from one side a little bit by loosening up one of the bolts for the fuel tank bracket. I dropped it enough where the bolt was still threaded in but gave enough room to get everything from the inside to the bottom of the car.

2. Routing the lines from the bottom to the front of the car. When you get to the front there are a couple of ways you can route the wires and return line. I removed the evap line from the back and pushed the line and wires up through the opening right below the connection of the evap near the fire wall. This can be a little tricky so you might want to have a friend help pull/wiggle it through there.

Other than those two things everything else is straight forward.
Hey bud I have a few questions about the wiring for using a gt350 dual pump setup in the roadheaver kit.

I am assuming a second FPCM module is used to drive the second pump?

A GT350 runs two FPCM modules. On a GT350 wiring diagram from Ford it shows 1 yellow/orange FPC(command) wire from the PCM is split and run to each module, then each module has its own FPM(monitor) wire that go back to the PCM. On the GT PCM it only shows 1 FPM wire coming back, the pin where a GT350 PCM would show FPM 2 says "not used" on the GT PCM.

1. Are you splicing that FPC(command) wire and running it to the second FPCM?
2. running a new 12v power wire/relay and ground wire to the second FPCM?
3. sending the FP PWR & FP RETURN wires from the second FPCM to the connector on fuel pump assembly?

Or are parts 2 & 3 already assembled in the harness provided by roadheaver?
Im attaching a 15GT fuel system diagram

I appreciate your response!
FPCMdiagram.jpg

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You can always get a 100 octane tune to pad the numbers a bit if needed.

That's awesome. I envy you E85 guys haha.

You two give me hope though with these great numbers on 10-11 psi. I'm hoping for 800 on 93+meth running 15psi and 20-21* timing, not sure if I'll get it though without the corn juice. We'll see.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You can always get a 100 octane tune to pad the numbers a bit if needed.
I'm tuned for the meth so I already have timing added. Otherwise I'd be capped at 18*. Lund recommended increasing boost from here if I wanted to rather than increasing timing. I think I'll stop at 15psi though.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Capped at 18* myself, they told me the same.

Just pullied down, should be around 13-13.5 psi

I'm tuned for the meth so I already have timing added. Otherwise I'd be capped at 18*. Lund recommended increasing boost from here if I wanted to rather than increasing timing. I think I'll stop at 15psi though.

OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bud I have a few questions about the wiring for using a gt350 dual pump setup in the roadheaver kit.

I am assuming a second FPCM module is used to drive the second pump?

A GT350 runs two FPCM modules. On a GT350 wiring diagram from Ford it shows 1 yellow/orange FPC(command) wire from the PCM is split and run to each module, then each module has its own FPM(monitor) wire that go back to the PCM. On the GT PCM it only shows 1 FPM wire coming back, the pin where a GT350 PCM would show FPM 2 says "not used" on the GT PCM.

1. Are you splicing that FPC(command) wire and running it to the second FPCM?
2. running a new 12v power wire/relay and ground wire to the second FPCM?
3. sending the FP PWR & FP RETURN wires from the second FPCM to the connector on fuel pump assembly?

Or are parts 2 & 3 already assembled in the harness provided by roadheaver?
Im attaching a 15GT fuel system diagram

I appreciate your response!
FPCMdiagram.jpg
Hey man,

Yes there is a second FPCM module that is used to drive the pumps. Below is a wiring diagram for the connections that are made to the GT350 pigtail from the factory pigtail. The wiring for the second FPCM is mostly plug and play since it was provided with the kit but the wires that run from the pigtail to the FPCM will need to be connected to the factory pigtail. I have also attached another picture of the general overview of how things look when they are connected. Tim Rodheaver sends all these pictures and more. Everything is pretty much plug and play the only wiring you will have to do is to cut the factory fuel pump wires and solder them to the GT350 pigtail or depin them from the factory pigtail and pin them to the GT350 pigtail. I chose to cut since I am good with wiring and soldering. Everything comes precut and ready for the Rodheaver kit so the only cut that has to be made is on the factory side.

To answer your questions above:
1. Just some pigtail connections that run from the factory pigtail to the GT350 pigtail which run to the FPCM (everything comes precut so you don't have to cut anything on the kit, everything is plug and play after that.

2. The wiring for the 12v power and relay all come with the kit where you don't have to cut or splice anything. You just have to run the wire to the front of the car and plug everything in.

3. Fuel pump and wiring comes assembled, so you will only have to make connections from pigtail to pigtail. Everything else is plug and play.

I hope this helps!
fuel pump pigtails.jpg
GT350 pumps wiring over view.png

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
So, I got my LvL 2 Fore system installed with dual 274 pumps and just got done tuning with E85 on 3.6 pulley with 22* degrees of timing....Car feels NASTY! Once I drop to 3.48 I'll get some numbers. E85 is so yummy!:rockon:

information I got from Paxton (vortech)

The Max spin on the SL is 52k
3.6 Pulley @7800 RPM =51,480
3.48 Pulley @7800 RPM will be over 1,400.... shifting at 7600 will be fine.

OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, I got my LvL 2 Fore system installed with dual 274 pumps and just got done tuning with E85 on 3.6 pulley with 22* degrees of timing....Car feels NASTY! Once I drop to 3.48 I'll get some numbers. E85 is so yummy!:rockon:

information I got from Paxton (vortech)

The Max spin on the SL is 52k
3.6 Pulley @7800 RPM =51,480
3.48 Pulley @7800 RPM will be over 1,400.... shifting at 7600 will be fine.
Awesome man, I'm excited to see your numbers for sure and yes its very yummy, safer, and smells good haha.

That's really good info for sure, thank you for sharing. I feel like if I slap the 3.6 pulley on, either I'll be at the limit @ 8000 rpm or a tad over.

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Finally got on the dyno. First Run was with filter on and last 2 runs .. filter was off.
Danny Dyno.png

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-grey-hulk-build.32982/
Performance:
• Paxton Supercharger Novi 2200SL 3.48 pulley with JLT CAI on E85
* ID 1000's
• GT350 Manifold
• Tuned by Lund Racing w/Ngauge
• Tial 50mm BOV
• Steeda Tri-Ax Race Short Shifter
* Fore Innovations L2 Fuel System (dual pumps) 274
* 3:73 Gears
Exhaust:
• Stainless Power 1 7/8" Headers Catless
• X-Pipe
• Roush Axle Backs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got on the dyno. First Run was with filter on and last 2 runs .. filter was off.
Danny Dyno.png
Dayumm, those are stout numbers! How much boost and what's the mod list?

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Dayumm, those are stout numbers! How much boost and what's the mod list?
Thanks!
w/Filter on 13lbs

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-grey-hulk-build.32982/

Performance:
• Paxton Supercharger Novi 2200SL 3.48 pulley with JLT CAI on E85
* ID 1000's
• GT350 Manifold
• Tuned by Lund Racing w/Ngauge
• Tial 50mm BOV
• Steeda Tri-Ax Race Short Shifter
* Fore Innovations L2 Fuel System (dual pumps) 274
* 3:73 Gears
Exhaust:
• Stainless Power 1 7/8" Headers Catless
• X-Pipe
• Roush Axle Backs

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
What would it make if the blower was maxed out?
Sounds from previous post it’s already pretty much maxed out if you shift it properly for most acceleration. Now if you lower shiftpoints to about 7400 then he’d have room for a 3.33