Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
After a long hunt fraught with many dead-ends, we caught this revealing look at the face of the 2015 Mustang.

The need for optimum engine cooling and aerodynamic efficiency has given us our first look at the 2015 Mustang's hood and front fascia. Photographed during high-speed, high-performance tests at a race circuit, Ford engineers removed the Mustang prototype's heavy camouflage from the A-pillar, forward, revealing the framework of the S550's front fascia with yet unfinished sheetmetal.

Grille
While the influence is clearly there, the hypermodernity of the Evos concept has been tempered by the Mustang's muscle car ethos. The shape of the grille opening is very similar to the Evos, but the concept's smooth finish gives way to a chunkier treatment on the Mustang. The grille-work is set deep within the outer aperture, with two angled, vertical posts set wide at the corners bringing in some of Ford's Kinetic design influence. The galloping Mustang logo can be seen at the grille's center, slightly obscured by tape.

Headlights
While the headlights are covered in black tape, we get a look at their general shape and placement. Although not as long and slit-like, the Mustang's headlights look to have an Evos influence that modernizes the current design. We feel they have an appropriate "Mustang" essence and seem well integrated into the prototype's design.

Hood
The gaping grille sweeps back into a complex, shapely hood design, with a strong, prominent shelf stretching back from the headlights, and a nicely contoured hood bulge outlined by some sharply chiseled elements at its outer edges. We can also see signs of two panels placed on the hood--just outside of the central bulge--that suggest some form of vents, or other design flourish.

What Else?
The chiseled front diffuser continues into sharply creased side sills, adding some real definition to the lower flanks. Those sills continue around into the rear bumper, sweeping up into the bumper's rear valance, ultimately framing the Mustang's round, dual exhaust tips in the still thoroughly camouflaged rear end.
Sponsored

GTsquid

:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

Holy crap what time??

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW HAPPY I AM!!!

Unless it is the designer or some BS like that.

Sponsored

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Face? You mean just the front end right? And why tomorrow? Did you get a leaked picture or is Ford just releasing it?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
No way!

TaurusSHO

Threads
Reaction score
Nothing much Thed lol. Just over at MT as always.

Like mrkrabz said, is this a Ford reveal or a leaked picture? If the latter, hopefully Ford doesn't see this as they could force you to not post the picture. They did this on Taurus club with the 2010 Taurus, though it was already posted.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I'll be up as the clock strikes midnight seeing if it's up. The moment I see the picture I'll be downloading it in full-res.

Just like I did when that guy posted a picture of his topless girlfriend on AFM. :D