Sponsored

The biggest power gain on 91 oct?

Rcampos04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang 2016
Hello,

Currently checking whats the most whp I can get with only 91 oct (no meth, no nothing). Currently Lund tuned, looking for bolt ons and even checking between Vargas stage 2+ and Map turbo kits.

However my question is, whats my limit even with this turbo kits on 91 oct?

Thanks in advance just want to know if its worth to throw money at it
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Honestly on 91, you will be in dangerous territory before you hit the limit of the stock turbo, Octane is the major limiting factor on these motors and they are sensitive to knock. Most upgraded turbos can only fet you about 30 whp or so over the stocker on 93 before you hit the octane limit on 93.

The short story is that if you don't have easy access to 93 or the ability to make E30 by mixing 91 and E85, there is little to gain from an upgraded turbo except the weight reduction of your wallet.

OP
OP

Rcampos04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang 2016
Honestly on 91, you will be in dangerous territory before you hit the limit of the stock turbo, Octane is the major limiting factor on these motors and they are sensitive to knock. Most upgraded turbos can only fet you about 30 whp or so over the stocker on 93 before you hit the octane limit on 93.

The short story is that if you don't have easy access to 93 or the ability to make E30 by mixing 91 and E85, there is little to gain from an upgraded turbo except the weight reduction of your wallet.
Hi,

thanks for your reply on this

I see.. umm then with the stock turbo how much whp can I put?

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
That is so far from true.

The shift in the powerband alone was worth the price of admission.

I am stuck on 91 here, and with the Vargas S2 the car is a totally different animal.

It pulls thru the entire RPM range now, something the stocker could not even remotely do.

91 has less potential than 93 obviously. But the same mods and delta percentage gains apply. Us stuck with 91 will just never see 93 power levels.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rcampos04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang 2016
That is so far from true.

The shift in the powerband alone was worth the price of admission.

I am stuck on 91 here, and with the Vargas S2 the car is a totally different animal.

It pulls thru the entire RPM range now, something the stocker could not even remotely do.

91 has less potential than 93 obviously. But the same mods and delta percentage gains apply. Us stuck with 91 will just never see 93 power levels.
Thanks for your reply, how much whp are you putting down with 91 oct and Vargas?

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Thanks for your reply, how much whp are you putting down with 91 oct and Vargas?
Beats the hell out of me. I'll probably never get it on the dyno. We have a bunch of AWD Mustang dynos around here, and no one can use the things properly. I have been on two different Mustang dynos with wildly varying results. And since I have no good comparative baseline, it would be pointless to get back on one. If I did get on a dyno, it would be a Mustang and the numbers would be low compared to everyone that uses a Dynojet... and it would just turn into a pissing match.

But all I changed with all my existing mods was the turbo, and it was soooo worth it.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Beats the hell out of me. I'll probably never get it on the dyno. We have a bunch of AWD Mustang dynos around here, and no one can use the things properly. I have been on two different Mustang dynos with wildly varying results. And since I have no good comparative baseline, it would be pointless to get back on one. If I did get on a dyno, it would be a Mustang and the numbers would be low compared to everyone that uses a Dynojet... and it would just turn into a pissing match.

But all I changed with all my existing mods was the turbo, and it was soooo worth it.
Interesting...

PICANTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost pp
You don't need stage 2+ Turbo unless you are going built motor, stage 2 turbo from Vargas is plenty

OP
OP

Rcampos04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang 2016
Then the question is, how much can I make with 91 oct and stock block?.

How much whp with or without Vargas 2

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rcampos04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang 2016
Then the question is, how much can I make with 91 oct and stock block?.

How much whp with or without Vargas 2

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I ended up going with the "plus" version in order to move more air with less boost pressure. It's over 110 degrees nowadays here and temperature control is a must.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
From Adam's site:

Stage 2: Up to 500-525whp

Stage 2+: Up to 600whp

Horsepower levels listed are maximums and require a built engine and fuel system to go beyond 425whp. Stock engine can be used up to 425whp, it is suggested to do this with the TUNE+ Port Injection system and a higher grade fuel (E85, Race Gas)

91oct - 345-360whp depending on fuel quality and modifications

93oct - 365-385whp depending on fuel quality and modificatons

E30 - 390-410whp depending on modifications, fuel system will be maxed out.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I looked up Adam's site, and it seems to be priced a lot cheaper from Vargas's site. Is the actuator included, and installation accessory parts? Is that why it is cheaper?

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
has anyone tried the slightly larger focus RS turbo? Just asking cause I may or may not have one lying around....:bolt:
Sponsored