Sponsored

The biggest power gain on 91 oct?

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Let's not forget ringing pure methanol yields gains like e85 so if your stuck without e85 stations like me, running meth will be your best bet BEFORE turbo upgrade.

Btw, I'm 91 with FBO and beat a 2014 coyote with exhaust. By a car at 120. That's my best reference.
Sponsored

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I got 292 WHP on 91 oct out of mine before it gave up the ghost. FBO Dynojetted like 10 times

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
has anyone tried the slightly larger focus RS turbo? Just asking cause I may or may not have one lying around....:bolt:
It should gain you a bit due to the 2mm larger compressor, You will have to swap the turbine housing as the RS one does not fit the mustang and vice-versa but that's not hard to do, just be careful not to damage the turbine when you take the housing off, (Usually takes a few good blows from a hammer)

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got 292 WHP on 91 oct out of mine before it gave up the ghost. FBO Dynojetted like 10 times
Before it gave up the ghost? Like boom?

Sponsored

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Yep - You should see the windows in both sides of the block!- New block is being assembled as we speak
IMG_0112.jpg

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Omg lol I have been FBO and pretty aggressively tuned for quite some time now and I probably get into a street race everyone I sit in the darn thing. Maybe I'm lucky Cleveland engine. Should also be out of the danger zone after my meth gets pumping to rid of that octane issue

PJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Yep - You should see the windows in both sides of the block!- New block is being assembled as we speak
Did you have any notice when the motor let go, I didn't on mine, I was getting up to speed on a highway. I wasn't even in the throttle hard.
motor2.jpg
motor3.jpg

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I have pics like that! And mine was a Cleveland block! I was at speed and slight punch to merge on freeway

Sponsored

PJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I really think mine was doomed from the beginning, I don't think it was the tune, it just never idled correctly before the tune or while the tune was on it. The only give away was a slight tick on the bottom end when cold. It started a couple thousand miles before mine let go. The new replacement engine idles and runs so much better than the one before, I haven't put a tune back in it but put all the bolt-on pieces back, this engine gets better mpg also. I get that gut feeling every time I hear a vibration or the bass hits just right on a song, but the longer I'm driving it I think this one will hang in there.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A tick on the bottom
End? Please elaborate as it sounds like I have a ticking sound by my downpipe on the pulley and seems to tick to the rotation of the pulley as well. Is that what you had or different?

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Mine has always had a stumble at idle. It kind of went away when I set the idle to 1000rpm. With the new tune though Adam has it set around 750rpm and my stumble is back.

This is the third set of plugs, so it is something else.

Either way, almost 30k on it... and it has been flashed since it had 120 miles on it. I guess if she blows, she blows.

PJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP
A tick on the bottom
End? Please elaborate as it sounds like I have a ticking sound by my downpipe on the pulley and seems to tick to the rotation of the pulley as well. Is that what you had or different?
I noticed it on the driver's side below the catch can, I thought it might be noise from the PCV. It was not overly loud just enough that I could hear it with the window down while leaving work each day when pulling out onto the road, it would clear up within a minute after warming up. I never could figure it out out while idling and looking under the car, I would pull the catch can lines while running and didn't show any sign. It was not the injector noise. So when the engine let go it was the number 3 rod that broke, the tick was in the area where this occurred. I have had rod bearings going away on engines in cars I hot rodded years back that were noticeable and really new that is what it was, but the rod never broke like this one did. I really do not know for sure what the cause was.
Sponsored