Built Blocks -

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
New block with CSS and new internals is good to 450whp safely in my situation with good tune. Not saying its the max that you can get from the block. People have said they get way more.... wish I had the spare cash to "test one". I'm wondering what to do with the head right now.... I'll leave that up to Brian
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
The engine in my car right now that Kevin Jewer built for me has Manley I beam rods , Manley Pistons, and the CSS deal. I just had the head off to do a little port work and I put in the new Esslinger Head gasket. Friday evening I ran a 10.53 at mid 129 mph, I made I think 8 runs that night and the car was flawless ( I love my tuner ). Whatever that power level is the car seems very happy here, I could have turned up the boost but until my new engine is done I'm gonna stay right at this ET, its plenty fast for a street car.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
The engine in my car right now that Kevin Jewer built for me has Manley I beam rods , Manley Pistons, and the CSS deal. I just had the head off to do a little port work and I put in the new Esslinger Head gasket. Friday evening I ran a 10.53 at mid 129 mph, I made I think 8 runs that night and the car was flawless ( I love my tuner ). Whatever that power level is the car seems very happy here, I could have turned up the boost but until my new engine is done I'm gonna stay right at this ET, its plenty fast for a street car.
I would watch your YouTube channel to death with everything you roll out lol great time

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Assume you're auto, what converter you running, and what kind of susp parts? I got a Circle D 5C coming, and wondering what can of worms this will open up with my stock suspension.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
Great job, [MENTION=21658]perfweld[/MENTION] :headbang:

Looking forward to being able to report similar results from my setup here very soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Ok so what are you guys doing to your heads??

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
This is my DD, I have to pass CARB here so I'm limited to valvetrain I think . Any other Ideas? The port work I am told won't help that much if I can't change out the cams. {Builder says I'll never pass CARB)

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
OK I gotta ask... anyone out there bold enough to use water/meth AND Nitrous?

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK I gotta ask... anyone out there bold enough to use water/meth AND Nitrous?
I was E30 and Nitrous.

New setup will be full E85 and Nitrous.

Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
This is my DD, I have to pass CARB here so I'm limited to valvetrain I think . Any other Ideas? The port work I am told won't help that much if I can't change out the cams. {Builder says I'll never pass CARB)
Yes the cam deal is the problem, if it wont run well on the stock tune, we wont pass emissions, which is why I still have the stock cams, im in CA too.

On a good note, Jon has been working on the tune. The car is so fun, It has been running just a tick under 130 mph in a lot worst air, it was 93 degrees and the BP was 29.6 corrected to 2600 ft and it ran just under 130, over and over . Love this car !!! My goal now is the big 130, so close now !!!

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
MiDiablo - how are you setting it up?

Im thinking of a prometh manifold for the water/meth + AEM kit
And nitrous express ecoboost plate system for the nitrous
If I go both.....alot of abuse to throw on a new block

perfweld - you stand behind the ngauge & Lund?

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
MiDiablo - how are you setting it up?

Im thinking of a prometh manifold for the water/meth + AEM kit
And nitrous express ecoboost plate system for the nitrous
If I go both.....alot of abuse to throw on a new block

perfweld - you stand behind the ngauge & Lund?
LOL, If it weren't for Jon id not have a 130 mph Ecoboost, my Friend Kevin Jewer plays a huge role too, he helps me with a lot of advice on the car. Lunds tunes are amazing though, I have nearly a 130 mph full weight street car, and it drives like a street car, till you mash the throttle.

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Building an Ecoboost for a swap fro a motor that was in a flood. Was originally going to stick with stock internals, but I think I'm going to go with Manley H-beams and pistons. Head is getting Ford Racing cams, cause why not when you're replacing them anyway. Not sure if I should upgrade the head gasket or upgrade to ARP studs.

Not shooting for anything crazy power wise since I don't have much room in my particular application for a big turbo or port injection or a big intercooler. Thinking if my Mustang goes Ecoboom, I could swap the built motor in pretty quickly if I had to and build another.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Building an Ecoboost for a swap fro a motor that was in a flood. Was originally going to stick with stock internals, but I think I'm going to go with Manley H-beams and pistons. Head is getting Ford Racing cams, cause why not when you're replacing them anyway. Not sure if I should upgrade the head gasket or upgrade to ARP studs.

Not shooting for anything crazy power wise since I don't have much room in my particular application for a big turbo or port injection or a big intercooler. Thinking if my Mustang goes Ecoboom, I could swap the built motor in pretty quickly if I had to and build another.
If you're going to do it, you might as well do it right.

So spend the extra couple couple of bucks to do the I-beams instead of the H-beams.

Don't waste your time/money on the FR cams; at least jump to the Esslinger Stage 2's. My understanding is you're highly unlikely to receive any increase in power from the FR cams.

Again, same w/the "do it right" comment for the head gasket. You might as well do the upgraded head gasket while you're there. For $135 it'll be cheap insurance, at the least.

And I would say the same about the studs being an affordable insurance policy; they're only $160.

Whether you're trying to build it for big power or not, the fact is that for a couple dollars (~$1300+/- ; $700 upgrade to the right cams, $135 for the upgraded head gasket, $160 for the studs, $300 for the upgrade to I-beams) more you can have it be done right the first time and ready for big power if something should change in your plans.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored