Sponsored

Is there any real reviews/videos of the 2016 camaro SS vs 2015/16 GT?

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
So the fastest Camaro beat the fastest Mustang by 5 seconds around a sub 40 second course? But now Plan B is saying that its due to drivers skill? Isn't that what everyone has been saying. If you put a much better driver a volt, it can almost match a bad driver in a 350. Now you put equal driver vs equal driver, it is going to be SS>GT 99 times out of 100 in stock form. We can argue that the Mustang is pretty soft out of the box, and Ford can make it much better (which I think is going to happen in 18).
Yea... I like how his argument is "well you have actual good drivers who know how to drive the car." I mean... isn't that the friggin point? My brain hurts trying to get inside his...
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Cracks me up every time. I remember him saying that if he lost the bet, he would admit that he was wrong. Now, I have had him on my ignore list for a long time, so I cannot attest to seeing all of his latest posts. Can anyone confirm or deny his admitting his inaccuracies?
Oh thePill was wrong.

The 6th Gen Camaro didn't get the reinforcement the ATS-V got. That is already bad news.

The Camaro is THE ONLY Sports Coupe made that hasn't reinforced the structure with convertible/HALO support. In other words, it's a generation behind.

The Corvette, BMW, Merc and Mustang have all evolved into a world class structure/coupe. The Camaro couldn't afford the extra metal :lol:

It's embarrassing to be honest. Even the ATS-V with a canceled convertible program got reinforcement. Sure, the ATS-V is 3803lbs now but, it's a better structure by far.

The 2016 Camaro is not the structure the awesome ATS-V is. Even deleting all that reinforcement made the Camaro 3700-3800lbs :lol:

I think it's hilarious you spend $38,000 for a shared platform that is still as heavy as a sedan.

It's 2016 fella's and thePill only assumed the Camaro would get the same World Class Structute the ATS-V did... thePill was wrong :lol:

The customer suffers... but there isn't many of them are there.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I love the fact that a 2016 SS can't catch a 2015 GT in the SCCA. I also love the fact it absolutely kills you...

Maybe the magazine editors should get involved.

Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
One could probably question why it's so important for 12+ GM Performance Engineers to attend, and dominate, a simple regional amateur event. The sport itself can't be considered elementary just due to the overwhelming attention Team Camaro has in a Detroit Region SCCA Solo event.

While others may attempt to discredit the SCCA and Solo, this would prove Team Camaro interest are in WHERE the MGT dominates...
I like how you talk like 1. You were there and 2. Like you know any of these GM engineers.

I can explain why GM was even there, but why bother? You'll just twist it as you see fit.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
I like how you talk like 1. You were there and 2. Like you know any of these GM engineers.

I can explain why GM was even there, but why bother? You'll just twist it as you see fit.
I'm curious if you have some knowledge on it...

Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a developement/show-off thing for their cars, actually. GM used to participate in small, grassroots racing like solo years back. Nissan has come out to some of our events the past few years doing a similar thing. They are not supposed compete in the regular classes for points, which is why you will see "GM 1", "GM 2", etc on the cars and "GM" under their class. Yes, this shows off their cars, but it is also development work that benefits us (the customers; I understand this is a Mustang site...). GM didn't "stack" the drivers. It is a sign up and run/first come, first serve sort of thing from what I understand. I know some of these GM engineers. Some are pretty good drivers and some not as much. They are all engineers. Not "Pro Drivers"... Yes, a few of them spend a lot of time on track at Milford. But, what? You're going to discredit the experience and abilities of the other none-GM people at the event? There are drivers there just as good and even better than the GM drivers there. Not to mention, other engineers that work at other suppliers and OEM's.

GM will be participating in almost all our Detroit Region SCCA Solo events and some North West Ohio Region events. If you're able, go and check out the cars or chat with the drivers at any of the events.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's see how that gets twisted by the purple pill.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
It is a developement/show-off thing for their cars, actually. GM used to participate in small, grassroots racing like solo years back. Nissan has come out to some of our events the past few years doing a similar thing. They are not supposed compete in the regular classes for points, which is why you will see "GM 1", "GM 2", etc on the cars and "GM" under their class. Yes, this shows off their cars, but it is also development work that benefits us (the customers; I understand this is a Mustang site...). GM didn't "stack" the drivers. It is a sign up and run/first come, first serve sort of thing from what I understand. I know some of these GM engineers. Some are pretty good drivers and some not as much. They are all engineers. Not "Pro Drivers"... Yes, a few of them spend a lot of time on track at Milford. But, what? You're going to discredit the experience and abilities of the other none-GM people at the event? There are drivers there just as good and even better than the GM drivers there. Not to mention, other engineers that work at other suppliers and OEM's.

GM will be participating in almost all our Detroit Region SCCA Solo events and some North West Ohio Region events. If you're able, go and check out the cars or chat with the drivers at any of the events.
Thats flipping awesome.
Sponsored