Sponsored

New Whipple Install! Only one issue!

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So... I recently ditched my ProCharger setup after fighting for almost two months to find false knock. After a few weeks of driving around with a slow car I got the itch to get boost again and finally pulled the trigger on a Stage 2 Whipple Kit from Lethal Performance. I got everything installed this weekend and have spent the last few days beating the snot out of the car and doing data logs. I have yet to register any knock in any condition. Hard Shifts, Soft Shifts, Launches, Cruising... None have issues. Whipple has really got their OEM tune figured out. I'm sure there is more HP/TQ to be had with a custom tune but man... This thing is crazy fast as is!

The only issue I have... Need more traction!

Thank you Lethal for the quick turn around and thank you Whipple for an amazing product!
IMG_1156-min.jpg
IMG_1158-min.jpg
IMG_1160-min.jpg
Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
So... I recently ditched my ProCharger setup after fighting for almost two months to find false knock. After a few weeks of driving around with a slow car I got the itch to get boost again and finally pulled the trigger on a Stage 2 Whipple Kit from Lethal Performance. I got everything installed this weekend and have spent the last few days beating the snot out of the car and doing data logs. I have yet to register any knock in any condition. Hard Shifts, Soft Shifts, Launches, Cruising... None have issues. Whipple has really got their OEM tune figured out. I'm sure there is more HP/TQ to be had with a custom tune but man... This thing is crazy fast as is!

The only issue I have... Need more traction!

Thank you Lethal for the quick turn around and thank you Whipple for an amazing product!
That's an issue for another day!! Enjoy that beast.
But, when you're ready, time to kill that traction issue. :)

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You changed your supercharger set up because of false knock… Did you ever figure out the problem?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Whipple FTW

Problem was he needed a full integrated and fully supported solution.
He needed a company responsible for tuning, hardware, and installation support all under one roof.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Great pickup!

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Nice install.

I'd love to hear the differences in character between the 2 boosted set-ups including day-to-day driving when NOT wot.

OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Problem was he needed a full integrated and fully supported solution.
He needed a company responsible for tuning, hardware, and installation support all under one roof.
Not sure what this was supposed to mean... but the issue was the Procharger HO belt hitting the driver side head. I installed the setup on the guy I sold it too and filed the area it was hitting on mine down and he has zero issues. Further more installed the whipple kit all on my own with zero issues.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Think I may convert to the whipple side soon too

Sponsored
OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Nice install.

I'd love to hear the differences in character between the 2 boosted set-ups including day-to-day driving when NOT wot.

So.... The Procharger issues were only after hard shifts. I would get 10 degrees of knock that would only clear if I let off the throttle. But with that said here is what I Noticed -

The Procharger had some serious surging at 3000 RPM. Like hard enough to break your dang neck. Spent several weeks going back and forth with tuner on that issue. After swapping vacuum hoses and Bypass valve the tuner finally took a look and made some change that almost got rid of the surging but not entirely.

Driving around town the ProCharger was super tame. Put your foot down and the power just progressively builds from about 2500 RPM all the way to red line.

The Whipple is just power everywhere. I have tried to cause surging on purpose but have been unable to do so. (I could get the ProCharger setup to surge at 3000 RPM by just rolling partly into the throttle in that range.) Not sure if that issue was from the tune or what.

It takes very light throttle inputs to get going with the Whipple. I live in San Antonio and traffic sucks and so far stop and go hasn't been an issue at all.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
nice job! off topic question but what size are those T bolt clamps?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
glad your enjoying boost!! always fun, even when swapping setups!

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
And I though data logging with my Lund/JLT/LTH's was scary and dangerous... :D
Congrats on getting your issues resolved!
Sponsored