Sponsored

Tires - Michelin Pilot Super Sports (305/325) GOOD PRICE!!

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Hey guys,

Just ordered myself a set of more street friendly tires for my R. Ended up going with a square set of 325/30/19's in the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I'll post a link below here, but they are on for a crazy deal right now at only $230 a tire... for those like myself in Canada, TireRack wanted to charge me $700US to ship them here including duties... which is absurd lol

I made my order through DiscountTireDirect as they only charge $40 per tire for all Canadian taxes/customs/fees... which is far less than the local 15% sales tax in my province. I also paid $32 per tire for a replacement/warranty card in case anything happens and I get a flat tire. I've used these before and they promptly ship out a new tire to you with 0 hassle. They also nearly price matched the tires which made the overall total far less than the $1700 US that TireRack wanted. They actually didn't even have the 325/30/19 size in stock (nor the 305/30/19), so for a custom order from Michelin they charged me $254 per tire.

All in all, I got the square set shipped to my door with no hidden fees for $1304.32 US or $1697 CAD. Compared to the PS4S that would be ~$2400 for a 305/325 set, I feel like it was a no brainer. If I don't like the 325's up front, I'll switch them out to smaller ones on the next set, but couldn't pass up those savings in the short term!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR9PSSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...n=Pilot+Super+Sport&typ=Passenger/Performance

So for any of my friends in Canada, DiscountTireDirect would be the way to go if you want to get in on this VERY good priced tire! For my pals across the border, TireRack might be even cheaper depending on shipping costs (DiscountTireDirect has free shipping for everyone).

But, I think it may be time to hit up the drag strip and do a few burnouts now that those Cup 2's are being replaced :D :cheers:
Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
How miles did you have on the Cup 2's? Are they worn out?

What is the feel difference between those Cup 2's and MPSS?

Thanks

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Anyone tried 325s up front yet?

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ill have to hear how you like the 325's up front. Maybe in the winter they will have another sale. Id like to try PS4S tires, Ive ran the MPSS tires and like them.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Damn thats so cheap.... Though I wont need the tires for at least another 1-2yrs.

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
How miles did you have on the Cup 2's? Are they worn out?

What is the feel difference between those Cup 2's and MPSS?

Thanks
I've got a little under 7000kms on them now, so a little over 4000 miles. They actually aren't completely worn out yet, but I have 2 events this summer at the local drag strip that I want to attend, and I have a small road trip across my province planned with my father in August that will add another 1500miles or so easily. I figure they will be pretty dam toast by then, and honestly I'd prefer something a little more streetable for that long of a drive, especially with a lot of highway driving.

Anyone tried 325s up front yet?
I will be soon :D

A few on here have, and there are no issues with clearances. My only worry is honestly that a little steering feel may be lost, going to a wider tire plus anything other than Cup 2's will feel a little less direct after driving with them.

Tire rack won't let you ship to your home?
Oh TireRack will ship to my home alright. 4 325/30/19's are $920 on Tirerack... but then they want to add $694 for the shipping, customs and taxes fees.... :eyebulge:

I asked them in chat if they would reduce it because it was flat out absurd and they were like "nahhh" :lol: discounttiredirect FTW!!

Ill have to hear how you like the 325's up front. Maybe in the winter they will have another sale. Id like to try PS4S tires, Ive ran the MPSS tires and like them.
For sure, I'll definitely update with pictures and a "review" of sorts for fellow GT350 owners considering the same.

Damn thats so cheap.... Though I wont need the tires for at least another 1-2yrs.
No kidding eh, couldn't resist! I know the PS4S is a better tire, but hell if I were to buy those locally it would be $2600-2700 taxes in not including install, so the difference between those and the MPSS just isn't worth it to me.

PLUS I figure I MIGHT be able to get away with the FULL 30,000 mile warranty now. I imagine Michelin may require proof of the tires being rotated at proper intervals, but if they don't, then I'll have the full mileage warranty rather than their usual rate if the tires are staggered with the rears only getting a 15,000 mile warranty typically. :D

If I come to realize the 325's are too big or change the steering feel too much for my liking, I'll change back to a 305 on the next set I buy. But for now, I'll live with the difference considering I just saved myself a $1000 easily :)

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No issue for me, $10 each for the 325s
Oh TireRack will ship to my home alright. 4 325/30/19's are $920 on Tirerack... but then they want to add $694 for the shipping, customs and taxes fees.... :eyebulge:

I asked them in chat if they would reduce it because it was flat out absurd and they were like "nahhh" :lol: discounttiredirect FTW!!
I got it figured out Gents. Didn't click the box to ship to the house on the first screen.

Just ordered a set of the 305/325 MPSS for street duty. $1091 Shipped was a great deal. At least now I can drive the R year around without fear.

Thanks for the heads up [MENTION=24324]J_Maher_AMG[/MENTION]

Sponsored
OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I got it figured out Gents. Didn't click the box to ship to the house on the first screen.

Just ordered a set of the 305/325 MPSS for street duty. $1091 Shipped was a great deal. At least now I can drive the R year around without fear.

Thanks for the heads up [MENTION=24324]J_Maher_AMG[/MENTION]
No sweat man, glad to have helped! :cheers: :ford:

But just a thought, DiscountTireDirect has free shipping to anyone in the US, and they will price match/beat the "shipped to" price for you if you call them. Might be able to save another $50 or more if you were interested. :)

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yep, I'm running Nt01's in 325 Square.
In my experience the nitro runs narrow when compared to a Goodyear or Michelin in the same section width. I don't know if that 325 would work with another brand.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
What wheels are you running those with?
Project6gR R specs. I also run Hoosiers in 315 square on the stock carbon wheels.

In my experience the nitro runs narrow when compared to a Goodyear or Michelin in the same section width. I don't know if that 325 would work with another brand.
According to Nitto, the 325 Nt01 has a 13.03" section width. The PSS in 325 has a 13" section width according to Tire Racks specs. The Nitto is also taller by .3" so, assuming those specs are correct, it should work just fine.

Last edited:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Keeep in mind, unless I'm mistaken, the good price is not for the GT350-specific version of the MPSS, so it might performly differently. I'd expect you'd only notice that on track, tho.
Sponsored