Sponsored

2018 Kona Blue GT350 Pre-Production Photos

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Ford never promised that only "X amount" of "R's" would be made! And relatively speaking, even if they do 1000-2000 R's in 2018, it's still a small number overall.

The R has won so many awards and has been recognized as a world class vehicle, I'm glad they are putting more out there for the masses to enjoy! I love going to a track and seeing them there, not just sitting in garages of speculators.

Back on the topic of color- I'm in love with Lightning blue, Kona just seems "blah" to me. I would have preferred that they kept Grabber, seems to be a much more intriguing color on a GT350.
Maybe not but the presence of more Rs, if true for MY2018, than 'regular' GT350s turns the MY run upside down IMHO...

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
This is the first I'm hearing of this for '18 R production. How reliable is your source?
Not. Just dealer I purchased from has only had 3 allocations total for 16-17 and now they claim they have 1 standard and 4 "R"s for 18. First "R" eta may be December 17 at earliest. They still want ADM but only $5k for me but I'm not confident this is the wise move since there are quite a bit of standard and "R" cars around at reasonable ADM.

Just funny I've heard something similar from another dealer with no allocation for 15-17 and now has 2 "R" for 18. They are ordering both cars identical in citrus fury. 1 with stripes, 1 without. The dealer is keeping one for the owner. The other is for sale.

We will see.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Not. Just dealer I purchased from has only had 3 allocations total for 16-17 and now they claim they have 1 standard and 4 "R"s for 18. First "R" eta may be December 17 at earliest. They still want ADM but only $5k for me but I'm not confident this is the wise move since there are quite a bit of standard and "R" cars around at reasonable ADM.

Just funny I've heard something similar from another dealer with no allocation for 15-17 and now has 2 "R" for 18. They are ordering both cars identical in citrus fury. 1 with stripes, 1 without. The dealer is keeping one for the owner. The other is for sale.

We will see.
Well, shit....you should have prefaced with "My dealer said..."
Then I wouldn't have asked. :lol:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

We will see.
I assume that you mean "Orange Fury" and not "Citrus Fury" ?

I did not know that 2018 R models that came in Orange Fury could be ordered with OTT stripes as the last time I checked with FP they could not confirm based on the conflict with the Orange and Red pin stripes.

Maybe your dealership is ahead of the curve on this one?

What do you consider a reasonable ADM for the present 2017 R models and would like to know where they are all located?

Based on the last 3 years of R model production delivery dates are you now telling me that Ford dealerships will now be delivering R models in the December or the winter time as that has not been the case in the past?

Lastly, if the 2012 and 2013 Boss 302 colors provide any indication of color preferences for Blue, Kona Blue was the second least favorite color for the 2012MY (of 5 colors) and for the next MY Grabber Blue was the least favorite color (of 5 colors) for the 2013MY.

:cheers:

Sponsored

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
IMO I believe Kona Blue is the nicest of the blues. My rankings of Ford blues over the past 10 years is as follows:

1. Kona
2. Depp Impact
3. Lightning
4. Grabber

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
How late did they make Sonic? That's my favorite blue.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Needs stripes!...still waiting to see the orange with black stripes. It's between that and the race red....:thumbsup:
Not generally into stripes (preference), but this Kona seems to be made for stripes...and maybe a black roof...

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
How late did they make Sonic? That's my favorite blue.
Loved sonic blue on the Termi's. Way off topic but I actually with that Ford would do a color similar to Daytona Sunset Orange Metalic like that was offered on the '06 Z06.

Reactions: JT1

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Ford's best blue is clearly "Liquid Blue" everything else is just another blue.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

We will see.
So did you ever get your ultra rare 1 of 1 base GT350 with magneride from the factory documented by an auction house?

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
So did you ever get your ultra rare 1 of 1 base GT350 with magneride from the factory documented by an auction house?
Oh hell, please tell me he's not THAT guy! :lol:

[MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head in his last post, all of what he claims makes no sense; Orange Fury R w/stripes, delivery in December, more R's than non-R's.... and all of it coming from a dealership :headbonk:

But, if he is that 1 of 1 ultra rare, TRUE base seller LOL then it isn't hard to see how he was trying to claim an 11.3 @ 124mph as a "stock" run in his GT350...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto

We will see.
I didn't think allocations were out yet...:confused:...dealers in my area haven't heard anything...:shrug:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Oh hell, please tell me he's not THAT guy! :lol:

[MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head in his last post, all of what he claims makes no sense; Orange Fury R w/stripes, delivery in December, more R's than non-R's.... and all of it coming from a dealership :headbonk:

But, if he is that 1 of 1 ultra rare, TRUE base seller LOL then it isn't hard to see how he was trying to claim an 11.3 @ 124mph as a "stock" run in his GT350...
:popcorn:
Sponsored