2018 Kona Blue GT350 Pre-Production Photos

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
LMFAO i saw this same pic 2 day's ago just messing around on Instagram the color looks so dull
Metallic paints have to be super clean to show just how good they look. The picture of the GT-350 on the front page doesn't do Kona Blue justice at all. It really is probably the best paint option of the last 7 years.
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Is this the year Shelby gets the Automatic Transmission?
Not any thing said of that happening. And I surely hope it never happens.
Why do you hope it never happens? Are you bias or blinded by ignorance? Many people would love to drive the new GT350 but cannot due to disability or injury or say had his legs blown off in Iraq by an IED, so these people are not good enough?

Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Corvette, Camaro, Cadillac, Dodge Hellcat and Demon all Automatics and all world class so why not the GT350?
Do you honestly think Johnny1 was trying to say he hopes disabled veterans are unable to drive the GT350?

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
How different is Kona Blue from Impact Blue ? Isn't Kona Blue just the new Deep Impact Blue ?

What ruins this color for me really is the fact that there are van driving around with the exact same color plus the new Audi S5 has like the perfect blue metallic for a coupe.

Last edited:

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
How different is Kona Blue from Impact Blue ? Isn't Kona Blue just the new Deep Impact Blue ?

Just knowing there are vans driving around with Kona Blue and Deep Impact Blue makes me question this color on a Mustang :) Some pictures do make it look really nice. Altough I think the new Audi metallic blue for the S5 looks much better.
Kona was introduced for the 2010 refresh of the S197, but was replaced by DIB for the 2013 refresh.

Kona has a much greater color shift than DIB. DIB is more of a straight indigo with very little color shift to purple, depending on the lighting. Kona is indigo in direct sunlight with a much greater color shift to bright purple, and even black in the right lighting.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
No one notice the headlights are same the ones now, and not like the real 2018 front end version ??

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
39Mustang geesh! don't know why you even went there. I meant because the GT 350 has always been a stick and therefore hope they keep it that way because of that. And more than likely 2018 will be the last year. There was absolutely no need for you to go down that path. I have nothing but great admiration for our disabled veterans and absolutely no pun was intended toward them. Get a life!!

slowbutfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My 2011 was beautiful in kona blue, even in the best condition this might not be the color of champions for the 6G

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Huh, wonder why they are not getting the 2018 "refresh"? *gag*

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Can all the forum members who "know someone on the inside" tell the person inside to get us the Liquid Blue from the pre-production cars. Just asking...

Sponsored

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Huh, wonder why they are not getting the 2018 "refresh"? *gag*
Probably because it's the last year for the 350 and they don't want to change what is already unique body work for just one year....:shrug:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think the lightning blue looks better as it's a lighter color. If this car came in an even lighter shade of matalic blue I would have gotten it

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Crap quality right off Instagram, but here's a 2018 R in Kona Blue with white stripes! Gonna see if I can track down the original pics...