Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Says the auto owner ;)

Roll racing has driver input too, and you can certainly win/lose based on abilities. Less so than drag racing, obviously.

I'd try it out if we had it locally, for sure.
When your in the low 9s like me. All the big boys race with transbraked auto.;) I didn't know I was going to hurt so many peoples feeling by saying that roll racing wasn't for me. But hey rally racing isn't for me either. Doesn't mean it cant be fun for the people that are doing it. You kids have a blast speeding next to each other.:thumbsup:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
M5Board does roll racing on an airstrip somewhere in Europe, Sweden I think. Guys show up in 1,500hp GTR's, Lambos, Koenigseggs, Veyrons, and Golfs. Pretty fun to watch and settles internet arguments fairly often(then starts new ones in the YouTube comment sections).

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Real racing is from a dig. There's more world involved than piling on HP and planting your foot. You have to understand the whole picture. A roll race just seems boring..but it seems to be the popular thing to do nowadays.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Real racing is from a dig. There's more world involved than piling on HP and planting your foot. You have to understand the whole picture. A roll race just seems boring..but it seems to be the popular thing to do nowadays.
Agreed that's all people want to do around my way anymore is a roll race. I can appreciate that though for whatever reason..cars can't hook up from a dig, etc. I like doing it all really. If someone pulls up next to me looking for a race while I'm cruising and I think I can compete I'll race them.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The ricer front wheel drive crowd made it popular back in the late 90s early 2000s because they didn't have a snow balls chance in hell at traction. I'd also guess from some of the angry replies I got. It's a generational thing and younger guys will be more interested in this type of racing then relics like myself.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
It was always the Corvette and Evo guys who required roll races in San Diego.

I respect any type of racing as long as people are willing to get their car out and compete, I respect that. I prefer drag racing but I would also like to play in the 1/2 stuff too.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ricer front wheel drive crowd made it popular back in the late 90s early 2000s because they didn't have a snow balls chance in hell at traction. I'd also guess from some of the angry replies I got. It's a generational thing and younger guys will be more interested in this type of racing then relics like myself.
I just don't understand why you're so dead set on neg-posting in this thread, lol.

Some people like drag racing (I do as well)
Some like turns, the "real racing" as they call it (I also like it, but too expensive)
Some like events like this where you can compare car vs car and put much less stress/abuse on the cars while still having fun.

We get it, you're old, but you don't have to be stubborn. The replies you're getting are not angry, we're all just chuckling in amusement. Oh and no one cares how fast your car is, or that it runs 9's. This isn't about you.

Have a nice day :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I just don't understand why you're so dead set on neg-posting in this thread, lol.

Some people like drag racing (I do as well)
Some like turns, the "real racing" as they call it (I also like it, but too expensive)
Some like events like this where you can compare car vs car and put much less stress/abuse on the cars while still having fun.

We get it, you're old, but you don't have to be stubborn. The replies you're getting are not angry, we're all just chuckling in amusement. Oh and no one cares how fast your car is, or that it runs 9's. This isn't about you.

Have a nice day :)
Am I not allow to have an aposing opinion??? If you like. You can PM me the repsonses you'd like me to type and I'll see what I can do about making sure your more happy with my responses.:shrug: Sorry but public forums get public replies. You also have a great day.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Roll racing is stupid and requires no skill.

There, there's my opinion.

Sponsored

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
I do it all. 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 mile runs.

Want to out-drive someone? Dig
Want to out-power someone? Roll Race

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I do it all. 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 mile runs.

Want to out-drive someone? Dig
Want to out-power someone? Roll Race
I think it's fair to say that all types of racing require skill to win. Some racing is undoubtedly more challenging than other types. Saying it takes no skill I believe is far fetched. Most men that say crazy shit like that are a bit nieve. At the end of the day it's all in good fun.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I think some folks are missing the point, while others just choose to be Dbags. Racing doesn't have to be about skill vs skill. Some people just do it because it fun to go fast. Who gives a sh!t why they do it. That's their thing. People do different sh!t for different reasons. People also do the SAME sh!t for different reasons.

I like high speeds so 1/2 mile racing would be more fun for me than 1/4 mile whether it's from a dig or not.

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
think most are interested in not abusing their car... launching and 1st to 2nd shifts can be very violent on the drivetrain
Nothing beats roll racing! 1/2 mile is where the big boys come out to play. 1/4 mile is great for breaking things. People that have nice shit can appreciate the 1/2 mile. So much nicer on the drivetrain. I love drag racing, but this is so much more fun.
Shit like that is just an excuse. Don't play if you're afraid to pay.

If you're such a big boy, why are you afraid to break a part or two? That's part of the sport.
Sponsored