Bmr parts issues

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
So i picked up the BMR rear bracing kit as well as the steeda alignment dowels. After fighting with my apparently horribly factory aligned IRS, and one cross threaded sub frame bolt later (took me an hour to carefully retap it) i managed to get all 4 subframe bolts in and centered.

The passenger side lock out however, one of the 2 little bolts doesn't line up.

Went to get my front braces on, again on the passenger side, neither of the smaller holes line up.

I know my irs is perfect now with the alignment dowels, so I have no idea what Else it could be other than manufacturing errors.

The car only has 15k miles, no accidents, so no way the frame/chassis should have gotten tweaked.

20240330_233554.jpg

20240330_233409.jpg
Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
So i picked up the BMR rear bracing kit as well as the steeda alignment dowels. After fighting with my apparently horribly factory aligned IRS, and one cross threaded sub frame bolt later (took me an hour to carefully retap it) i managed to get all 4 subframe bolts in and centered.

Went to get my front braces on, again on the passenger side, neither of the smaller holes line up.

I know my irs is perfect now with the alignment dowels, so I have no idea what Else it could be other than manufacturing errors.

The car only has 15k miles, no accidents, so no way the frame/chassis should have gotten tweaked.

20240330_233554.jpg

20240330_233409.jpg
Typical sloppy BMR tolerances. The sooner I can justify getting all of their garbage off of my car, the happier I will be. You can complain to them, but they will likely blame you or your car as being the problem.

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
On the braces, did you keep the braces loose at both ends and try starting all the bolts first?
No but i can try that today. Had to call it quits at 11pm yesterday after this project kicking my ass lol.

My wife had a good laugh at my "two hours at most" install haha.

Im just really concerned at how much that rethreaded hole with hold. I messed it up pretty bad before i decided to fix it. I torqued to 115 and called it there. I'm probably always gonna worry about it ripping out now 😂

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
No but i can try that today. Had to call it quits at 11pm yesterday after this project kicking my ass lol.

My wife had a good laugh at my "two hours at most" install haha.

Im just really concerned at how much that rethreaded hole with hold. I messed it up pretty bad before i decided to fix it. I torqued to 115 and called it there. I'm probably always gonna worry about it ripping out now 😂
I feel you there. I didnt cross thread mine but i sure could have. Front driver side didnt want to line up at all. I had to leave all the others very loose and put my foot on the rear driver tire and really shift the car over to get it in.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
Well for one thing it's not the car as they are drilled and welded in a fixture or jig. This is an easy fix for you. If you are keeping the suspension pieces, I would carefully mark the hole locations then file and elongate the holes in the new brackets to align with the factory holes. Install new washers to secure the bolts and you should be good to go.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R

20240330_233554.jpg

20240330_233409.jpg
I just finished this exact project last night. Initially it looked like I had the same problem. Went back and had all bolts loose, allowing play on the subframe long bolt, and all went well. Biggest headache was the alignment dowels.

I had done the subframe bushing support and Ford Performance toe link bearing the week before, way easier!

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
As mentioned above, anytime you have an install like this, it is best to start threading the bolts in and keep them all loose until it's aligned. And then snug everything down.

Now, the BMR parts could still be out of tolerance, but you won't know until you do the above.

Also, ad mentioned above, you could elongate the holes on the parts and add a washer (if needed) to get them to fit. Looks like BMR has already taken this liberty to some extent by looking at your pics.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
BMR makes garbage. Thier tolerances are.all over the place and they don't stand behind thier defective products. I have 4 of.thier cradle braces collecting dust in my garage. Will sell them for scrap metal value. That's all they are worth. I'm sorry you are having problems with them too. This is all I can add. You are not the only one.
My fiasco with them: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hing-lockout-kit-pics-info.23215/post-3557351

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
FWIW the gentleman whose services I used at the local racetrack who works on Mustangs to do my suspension setup refused to use BMR parts. Surprised me since they're so well known and seem to have a lot of happy customers, but threads like these I guess are why.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
BMR makes garbage. Thier tolerances are.all over the place and they don't stand behind thier defective products. I have 4 of.thier cradle braces collecting dust in my garage. Will sell them for scrap metal value. That's all they are worth. I'm sorry you are having problems with them too. This is all I can add. You are not the only one.
My fiasco with them: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hing-lockout-kit-pics-info.23215/post-3557351
Ya i came across your post yesterday lol. I got it all together though. I ended up taking the small gold dowel thing off the back bolt for the front bmr brace and got everything all lined up.

I will agree though what what I've seen their shit was whack and just seemed off. Already blew to much on it all so i don't want to just drop it all and get some steeda parts right now.

So it does feel better, i can feel a little more harshness but not much. I also installed their vertical links. I was surprised how easy i can still break the ass end loose but granted, I'm at about 700 wheel. Guess i thought it would still be planted harder. Then again, maybe it's the bmr parts out of whack plus i still need an alignment.

So i dunno. Time will tell. I'm not going to say i only went BMR cause they were red 😂... But it was an incentive. I had read posts here saying stuff like "whether you go bmr or steeda, you're getting good stuff" and "both companies are well known and regarded", so figured I'd be good to go.

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Been their done that. Those specific braces are like 2 degrees off on lower portion angle. BMR gave me replacements, still the same issue as you. I used carbide bits and honed to get bolts to fit without stress. Been running them for two years no issue. I think if I had a chance to do it over, I would try Steeda or another suspension company parts. But, I replaced my front lower steeda sub frame k brace with BMR due to steeda rear two bolt ends hung way to far down and I was afraid of popping then when driving over high speed bumps etc. But, on the BMR k brace, I did have to hone out the Rear two brace bolts to get the bolts to install without induced stress.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
when you have to start enlarging mounting holes, that creates sloppiness, and it'll move no matter how tight the fasteners are.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
when you have to start enlarging mounting holes, that creates sloppiness, and it'll move no matter how tight the fasteners are.
For me, I use
Actually I Apply Torque Mark on "All" bolts, braces, etc to be able to quickly verify if "ANY" of these part move even the slightest amount. So no, None of my bolts, braces etc has have moved since install.
Sponsored