Bmr parts issues

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
I installed BMR's rear shock mounts to use along with their shock tower brace. I thought I was using a revised version since there had been reports of inability to fit a socket to bolt in the bolts to the frame. One person reported grinding down a u shaped groove to provide clearance which is what I had to do anyway.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I installed BMR's rear shock mounts to use along with their shock tower brace. I thought I was using a revised version since there had been reports of inability to fit a socket to bolt in the bolts to the frame. One person reported grinding down a u shaped groove to provide clearance which is what I had to do anyway.
I have installed so many aftermarket parts and I can say, at least 50% of these aftermarket parts I had to mod, some minor, some major, very, very time consuming. So I can say I am amazed at high end, very expensive parts which do not fit. I have to say I am so tired of having to take
10 steps back just to take one step forward.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Interesting. As you can see in my sig, I have all most all of what BMR makes on my car. Every piece that I installed bolted up without any hole enlarging or having to try and stretch things to get bolts started. I have been very happy with every piece that I have bought.

It could be that I was just a lucky one, but I wanted to add my experience to the comments. And, my 85 year old Dad helped me do the install and with two of us it went very well. I also called them prior to purchase. Don’t recall the guys name that I spoke with. He was very helpful when I explained what I wanted to achieve. I did not feel like he was just trying to sell me their entire catalog of Mustang parts. I would still recommend them and like what I got. Sorry for those who have had so many difficulties.

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Interesting. As you can see in my sig, I have all most all of what BMR makes on my car. Every piece that I installed bolted up without any hole enlarging or having to try and stretch things to get bolts started. I have been very happy with every piece that I have bought.

It could be that I was just a lucky one, but I wanted to add my experience to the comments. And, my 85 year old Dad helped me do the install and with two of us it went very well. I also called them prior to purchase. Don’t recall the guys name that I spoke with. He was very helpful when I explained what I wanted to achieve. I did not feel like he was just trying to sell me their entire catalog of Mustang parts. I would still recommend them and like what I got. Sorry for those who have had so many difficulties.
Not sure if you did it all at the same time but do you feel the front braces in the cb762 are even useful with the lockouts? The more i read the more it feels like i didn't even need the 762 kit.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I did do all of the installation at one time. So I really cannot say weather the CB762 braces actually added that much. I will say that the car is as different as night and day in terms of launching straighter and being way more predictable during hard cornering. It is far more controllable with the throttle than it was stock. It was a great improvement all around and I am very happy with it.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
FWIW the gentleman whose services I used at the local racetrack who works on Mustangs to do my suspension setup refused to use BMR parts. Surprised me since they're so well known and seem to have a lot of happy customers, but threads like these I guess are why.
From what I am reading it appears BMR is no longer the company they once were. I have used their parts in the past and had good luck with them. Today's world has changed drastically and many of the workers just don't give a dam and that is why you get parts that do not fit. I hope you guys trying to get your cars aligned and set up properly are able to sort it out.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
From what I am reading it appears BMR is no longer the company they once were. I have used their parts in the past and had good luck with them. Today's world has changed drastically and many of the workers just don't give a dam and that is why you get parts that do not fit. I hope you guys trying to get your cars aligned and set up properly are able to sort it out.
Skyrocketing costs and rent and minimal increase in wages unless you job hop every year or two will definitely do that.

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Skyrocketing costs and rent and minimal increase in wages unless you job hop every year or two will definitely do that.
Damn shame. I don't think that bmr tech ever posts here anymore either so he may have left bmr also.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
when you have to start enlarging mounting holes, that creates sloppiness, and it'll move no matter how tight the fasteners are.
Do you think it was a press fit to begin with? Because it wasn't. If the parts are bolted together in a fashion which means they don't have relative motion, then they don't have relative motion. It's a whole lot nicer to work on if the bolts just fall right into place, but you're overstating the issue. Front and rear camber are both slotted. As long as everything it tight and there's no relative motion, is this a problem?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I have installed so many aftermarket parts and I can say, at least 50% of these aftermarket parts I had to mod, some minor, some major, very, very time consuming. So I can say I am amazed at high end, very expensive parts which do not fit. I have to say I am so tired of having to take
10 steps back just to take one step forward.
^^^ This

Sponsored

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
I'm on Mustang number 6. Started buying Parts from Steeda in 1991. Both Steeda and UPR were 15 miles from me for 25 years and I've used every suspension Manufacturer out there.

In 34 years I've purchased from Steeda, UPR, BMR, TeamZ, Kelltrac, Maximum Motorsports, Hotchkis, Kenny Brown, Viking, Billstein, Eibach, Saleen, MAC, BBK, you name it.

ALL and I mean ALL of them are hit or miss. I've got stories for days with breaking suspension parts in SCCA road racing, Drag Racing and AutoX on most of these Companies including the ones you think are the best. Or just having fitment issues.

The majority require some sort of fidgiting. Everyone claims what they have on their cars is the best (that's the Mustang culture) and it's not the best. With every one it's the best, there are several horror stories behind it. I don't have a problem with BMR but just as the forums states, there are several horror stories behind BMR.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All this talk about BMR making crap parts but it ended up being a non-issue as it was user error?

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
All this talk about BMR making crap parts but it ended up being a non-issue as it was user error?
No it's still not correct. Just removing the steel alignment dowel for the frame brace gave it enough room to fit so it's technically not installed "correctly".

Both lockouts seems like the chassis plate was at slightly the wrong angle. I was only able to tighten them down by loosening all the bolts first so I'm hoping it's not tweaking things slightly.

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My .2 on the BMR IRS bracing kit. It’s overkill, I don’t think it’s needed. I use the simple Kelltrac “posi-loc” IRS kit and it’s worked great. I do use the BMR billet vertical links and billet camber arms which are very nice pieces. Have made over 100 1/4 mile passes with no issues.
Sponsored