v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone with a gt350 inlet manifold plans on upgrading to my18 please let me know. I'm not changing now as the wife wouldn't let me!
Sponsored

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
American 450, uk 435! Can't wait either way Gibbo, going to be awesome

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I looked.. and.. I don't care. I mean, I won't buy one, so I don't care :p

I suspect you are all right. It'll be between what we have now, and what the US gets, but less. :)

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I must admit I would like an orange one with a complete gt350 font end make over, but it would be ruinously expensive so I will console myself with a t st Drive of the auto. In the mean time I will do whatever I ca to up my power so that the test drive disappoints me enough not to be tempted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must admit I would like an orange one with a complete gt350 font end make over, but it would be ruinously expensive so I will console myself with a t st Drive of the auto. In the mean time I will do whatever I ca to up my power so that the test drive disappoints me enough not to be tempted.
I can tell you now, even mine at 500+, I just know up against a 10-speed stock it will utterly make mine look like it was moving backwards, even from a role.

Its got 5 more gears essentially to play with, noticed in Ford's video 60mph is 3rd gear at like 6000rpm, so unless that is photoshop the car has insanely short gearing.

Ford must have worked some trickery to keep the gearing short but at the same time allow traction not to be an issue.

I mean look at it, both the GT and EB are nearly 1 full second quicker to 60mph compared to the old Auto and manual, yes of course tyres, mag ride will help but the biggest part of that equation is simply the gear box.

I drove GTR yesterday at the track, thats quite an old gearbox but it was an exceptionally good one because they can change gear so fast but at the same time they are seamless so they do not break traction like the current AUTO and manual does, they change so fast but buttery smooth.

The 10-speed is going to make a fast car, an extremely fast car, it will puts the car in the big boys league of 911, BMW M, Audi RS performance levels.

I timed my car and I think 60-100mph comes in at 4.6s, the best I can launch it is 4.7s, so just over 9s to 100mph if every gear change was perfect, though my absolute best has been 9.9s as when you do a run getting every change spot on is hard.

But as you noticed at M6 toll I was able to launch the car and stay ahead of Mac in yellow beasty.

Now image if I could cut my time in 2s on that run, just picture how slow that would of made him look yet with nearly half the power.

I can see this new car doing 0-60mph in 3.8s, 0-100mph in 8s flat and quarter mile in high elevens or very low twelves, completely stock. Even worse, it will mean new EB's are kicking GT's backside all day long at drag strip and on the road.

People under-estimate how fast these modern gearboxes make cars, its why Ford has done because yes gearing is everything and combine it with a great automatic box that can shift seamless without breaking traction, insanely fast and keep the car in the torque band and well its like giving a car another 150-200 horsepower.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
As much of a technical masterpiece the new gearbox is going to be (and it undoubtedly will be a nice bit of kit), I reckon its going to remove all 'emotion' and joy out of the experience.

Seamless/microsecond shifts really dont appeal to me in a car like this. Thats the kind of stuff reserved for the geeky supercars and stuff like GTRs.

Id honestly rather be 2s slower and stir the cogs myself and feel involved.

But it is (of course) horses for courses. Now the magnaride and LED matrix lights etc are things I can get behind :)

Will be interesting to see how many BHP it has when it makes it to the UK. I reckon 430-440bhp.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As much of a technical masterpiece the new gearbox is going to be (and it undoubtedly will be a nice bit of kit), I reckon its going to remove all 'emotion' and joy out of the experience.

Seamless/microsecond shifts really dont appeal to me in a car like this. Thats the kind of stuff reserved for the geeky supercars and stuff like GTRs.

Id honestly rather be 2s slower and stir the cogs myself and feel involved.

But it is (of course) horses for courses. Now the magnaride and LED matrix lights etc are things I can get behind :)

Will be interesting to see how many BHP it has when it makes it to the UK. I reckon 430-440bhp.

Well at least Ford know this, the manual is still available and improved. :)

What power we end up with does not worry me, nor should it you because most of us here will simply tune and mod our cars anyway.

The MY18 just gives us a much faster base to start from.

I also notice the Torsen is now available in 3.55, so does this mean UK/EU will also get the Torsen on MY18?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
100% agree. I've had E90 M3 with auto and stick. Even the DCT on the M3 took the emotion out of the driving and you still get that drone when accelerating (although the throttle blip when downshifting was nice), probably worse on 10 speed.

Although, if they hadn't ruined the front end, the extra power and improvements Ford have now confirmed would tempt me, albeit with a stick.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go and play guys:

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang//2018/?welcomeMessage=true#/select/

2017 Prices were:
GT: $33,195
GT Premium: $37,195
GT Performance Package: $44,670 (Spec closely matching UK PP car which would cost around £39,500 presently.

2018 Prices are:
GT: $35,092
GT Premium: $39,095

So in short car has gone up nearly $2000.

However by the time you add the good options:
- Performance Package
- Magneride
- Digital Dash
- Safety systems (EU cars bound to get due to NCAP BS)
- Active Exhaust
- 10-speed

It becomes a $50k car plus some.

So if Ford UK BUM us again with a set specification that will no doubt miss the most important stuff such as Magneride, Digital dash we will probably end up with a 42-44k car with very limited options which would royally piss me off.

I also noticed the Carbon interior pack cannot be optioned with 12" digital dash, which is a shame, but I guess its an easy thing to do to the car at a later date. :)

I am just worried if the UK does not get Magneride its probably not so easy to do if at all as an upgrade as it will require ECU update/changes etc.

Now just to wait the several months for Ford UK to give us some bastardised version or actually do the job right and let us specify our own car built how we want it like it should be.

I can see Ford trying to get a base GT PP at £39,950 to pull it into the lower tax bracket, quite a good positive sales vibe, which makes me believe even more we will get shafted with a dulled down car. :(

I truly hope Ford either make two GT's available a dulled down one for those strange people who buy a V8 on the basis its cost £140 a year and then a proper one with stuff like Magneride, active exhaust, digital dash and other nice options for those who will drop 45k or more on one.

[MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] when will UK dealers update the spec/configurator?
Sponsored