Sponsored

OEM Differential Oil Cooler Install

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack, Wht w/ blu
Thanks for the info. I went to wirebarn and only saw solid color wiring there. I'd prefer to match the Ford colors. Any thoughts?
I had the same dream of keeping OEM colors. I didn't find any stocks. You might be able to special order. I have not idea what that might cost.

I used solid colors.
I may not remember this exactly but here goes:

For 20AWG:
Again using the schematic on page 7,
circuit VET66 uses GN; I used solid green (yeah!)
circuit RE406 uses GY-VT; I used solid grey
circuit VYT12 uses YE-GN; I used solid yellow
circuit VYT11 uses VT-GY; I used solid violet

For 16AWG:
CBK03 uses GY; I used solid grey (another yeah!)
CE358 uses GY-YE; I used solid yellow

As long as you keep track, you'll be fine.
I printed the connector pages from Helm and marked them so I would know which wire went into which pin location.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey John ( [MENTION=29216]jwb[/MENTION] ),

Still trying to wrap my head around your build so please pardon the ongoing questions...

With the amount of wiring you did yourself, how do the harnesses Scott ( [MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION] ) recommended come into play? Are they just for the connectors? Do these harnesses replace what already there and fully support all the Tech features?

I did find the connector (pigtail) that fits the OEM temp sensor so I plan on a simple, two wire run from the pigtail to connector 264. If it works, I'll keep an eye out for diff induced limp mode:lol:

I plan on spending some more time digging through Forscan while it's connected to my GT350 to see if I can find more clearly defined PIDs. I also found a comparison tool in the Forscan forum that might help further define the differences between the '16 Tech & Track. My previous attempts were manually done...

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jim ([MENTION]Tank[/MENTION]),
Replacing the two harnesses is simply an easy way to get the two required connectors; one for the sensor and one for the pump. It also keeps the setup most like OEM. The end result is the same. The only difference between the tech and track for these harnesses is the wires for the sensor and pump.

I'm not sure about diff temp induced limp mode. At this point, I don't know that temp feedback will do anything more than tell you the diff is hot and you'll have to lift. Hopefully you'll discover more in your search. Btw, I have not yet tried any of the 2017 instructions you had found.

As for questions, this forum is the place. Without it (Forscan thread in particular), it might be another summer of coming of the corner, pulling out to pass that C5, nailin' it, and "What the ...? Oh yeah. Limp mode," and pulling back in line with your tail between your legs. We're getting there :cheers:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Is there anybody with a track pack car that could monitor lines on the pump from off to run. Somebody hooked a scope up to the speed line and saw a square wave.

Trouble I'm having is the guy with the scope said her saw a constant signal and the pump was not running.

Somebody else said had voltage on battery and start all the time.

Some one said the pump does brief run startup

Manual says with oasis machine you can toggle the pump, can any body do this with forscan?

If anybody has info chime in

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
[MENTION=28002]cking[/MENTION],

Could you post a pic of connector C379 (diff temp sensor connector)? I want to ensure correct colored wires/polarity going into C264.
Thanks in advance :cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=28002]cking[/MENTION],

[MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] and I are working through some wiring questions.
I noticed the PCM Power Relay runs through fuse 85. But there is no F85 in the BJB and the owner's manual says it's not used. Also, the schematic indicates F46 is 5 amp but it is really 20 amp (in BJB and owners' manual). If you get a chance will you look inside your BJB and see if you have F85?
I have power to both those lines so I will pull fuses to see which is the correct fuse. Just curious if 17's match schematic.

Thanks,
John

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Battery Junction Box

Here is from my 2017 manual
BJB1.jpg
BJB2.jpg
BJB3.jpg
BJB4.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have the mechanical stuff finally put together and my car is mostly reassembled, so I thought it might be a good time to post a few things that could help others.

To install the OEM cooling lines and pump, you may wish to remove the rear differential from the car and either modify or replace the cover. In order to remove the diff you have to remove the half shafts. Ford recommends a Rotunda tool, but this one is a little cheaper.
OTC 7208A
rear.jpg

Here's a photo of the track pack diff cover. There's one extra tapped hole and two fittings. So, it would be simple enough for someone to remove the tech pack diff cover and modify it.
track%20pack%20diff%20cover.jpg

And here's the tech pack diff cover to show the difference. I circled the area where the missing tapped hole is located.
tech%20diff%20missing%20hole.jpg

To mount the pump bracket you will need two studs that slip into welded on brackets in the car. There are certainly other ways to make this happen, but the studs are what you will find on the track pack cars from the factory. The tech and base cars have shorter studs, which won't work with the bracket. They are relatively cheap at a couple bucks each.

studs_1.jpg

And here's the wiring pigtail you can buy from Ford to plug into the OE differential oil pump if you don't want to spend the money for the entire harness.

cooler%20pump%20pigtail.jpg

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Baffling schematics

I think I found the diff pump relay position in the BJB
Couple pics from the shop manual

From looking over the power distribution when the PCM relay closes it sends power to bunch of stuff like 10 different things. Through fuse F85. Then the diff pump relay Start is feed through fuse 46 which goes hot on key on. But takes the PCM relay to close then send the start signal. So my guess is that if you get the speed and Diag signals to the PCM along with the temp sensor connected between the PCM and the EEC. The right magic codes in bot the PCM and EEC controllers it might work. So your going to have to find a Track pack 2016 to find the right codes in PCM EEC. We know the address range of both of those controllers.

How does that sound for logical guessing?:shrug::headbonk:
bjb5.jpg
BJB1.jpg

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how did you find those replacement plug with green wires?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853