Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
"Here’s one where the new Camaro might actually transcend the criteria. Is this the best production ponycar the world has ever seen? Without hesitation, yes. What was interesting to me is that we judge types weren’t talking about the Camaro in relation to the Mustang GT that we brought along as a benchmark. We were talking about future Camaro comparison tests against BMWs, Audis, and AMGs. I’d even throw Porsche into that mix. MacKenzie sums up our feelings: “A revelation. Absolutely world-class sports car performance and dynamics from an American icon. The new Camaro is one of the finest driver’s cars in the world. And that’s before you even talk about the price.” It’s also absolutely bitchin’, and it’s the 2016 Motor Trend Car of the Year."

WOW. Praise does not get higher than that.
Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
"Here’s one where the new Camaro might actually transcend the criteria. Is this the best production ponycar the world has ever seen? Without hesitation, yes. What was interesting to me is that we judge types weren’t talking about the Camaro in relation to the Mustang GT that we brought along as a benchmark. We were talking about future Camaro comparison tests against BMWs, Audis, and AMGs. I’d even throw Porsche into that mix. MacKenzie sums up our feelings: “A revelation. Absolutely world-class sports car performance and dynamics from an American icon. The new Camaro is one of the finest driver’s cars in the world. And that’s before you even talk about the price.” It’s also absolutely bitchin’, and it’s the 2016 Motor Trend Car of the Year."

I hope so. It would be sad if a Corvette in Camaro clothes couldn't stomp all those cars.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Talk about going overboard sounds like they're making love to the car. Next year about this time they will want divorce LOL

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
You mean just like the Mustangs reviews over the years? Everything gets stale after awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No suprise there s197 was on old platform for 10 years, what is ther to talk about. But as for the new 6g camaro its still doesnt look any better so it will die off pretty soon. Car buyers will not buy a car that look like 5 years before.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
What a crock of sh!t

No way the Camaro is car of the year. It can't win if it looks like a turd. And the Taco is a way better truck. I know because I own one and cross shopped the competition.

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
No suprise there s197 was on old platform for 10 years, what is ther to talk about. But as for the new 6g camaro its still doesnt look any better so it will die off pretty soon. Car buyers will not buy a car that look like 5 years before.
Looks are subjective and based on opinions, but grammar and spelling is absolute.

Also, lol at dying off. The last thing you want (even though you won't understand it) is for the Camaro to disappear. If that happens you'll end up with a 2010 Mustang again. Whether you like it or not competition is a good thing.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Looks are subjective and based on opinions, but grammar and spelling is absolute.

Also, lol at dying off. The last thing you want (even though you won't understand it) is for the Camaro to disappear. If that happens you'll end up with a 2010 Mustang again. Whether you like it or not competition is a good thing.
What makes you think that? You're suggesting the camaro is the Mustang's only target. Far from it.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
What makes you think that? You're suggesting the camaro is the Mustang's only target. Far from it.
If you think that the Camaro going away is a good thing for the Mustang, then you're nuts. The same goes for the Camaro.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline

Ford was putting out 500+hp Mustangs while the Camero was dead. Do you have memory problems? 540hp seems good to me...

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/shelby-gt500/2010/coupe/features-specs/

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
What are the other targets it has? I am not being critical in any way shape or form. I am genuinely curious.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
If you think that the Camaro going away is a good thing for the Mustang, than you're nuts. The same goes for the Camaro.
I didn't say that. Simply stated what ford has stated in the past. What GM has done recently hasn't been bench marked by ford. It's the Europeans and its helping ford sell a ton of mustangs right now.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
It looks like GM pretty much won CoTy because of its performance metrics, which are great. I did notice the MPG ratings are kind of low. I'm pretty surprised to be honest since it lost all that weight and has DI/AFM. Definitely show's GM's game plan with the camaro. They had an opportunity to blow away the competition's FE and price, but choose to go with performance. We'll see how that affects the long game.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.