Sponsored

Factory oil cooler

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost 6MT, PP, recaros
Anybody know why the 1.6 and 2.0 Ecoboost have factory oil coolers but the 2.3 doesn't?
Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
thats interesting I had no idea they did

I know we all have trans coolers, every mustang supposedly

Punchy04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang
Maybe the PP might have on but not sure.

OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a PP and apparently they don't?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
None of the EBs have an oil cooler. You are better off adding your own anyway as the factory style coolers often use engine coolant to cool the oil which isn't great.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The factory coolers are designed to heat the oil to 180 or so (oil temp lags coolant temp so when the coolant gets warm it warms the oil) and then keep it between 180-210 for the most part....if anything I prefer factory style coolers. More consistent.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
The factory coolers are designed to heat the oil to 180 or so (oil temp lags coolant temp so when the coolant gets warm it warms the oil) and then keep it between 180-210 for the most part....if anything I prefer factory style coolers. More consistent.
Ok, different strokes... I prefer to keep the systems separate.

OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can understand that, though factory coolers rarely fail, and if an external fails it's just as critical an issue. *shrugs*

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Factory coolers are ok for certain users.

But if you do road course racing, or auto x it's absolutely useless.

The PP EB should have came with some sort of cooler.

However it was kind of nice having a blank canvas to do my own oil cooler setup.

OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to decide what setup to install...waiting on somebody from Ford to respond and tell me why it was omitted in the first place. I figured it was included.

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Trying to decide what setup to install...waiting on somebody from Ford to respond and tell me why it was omitted in the first place. I figured it was included.
If you really want a nice bolt on kit I have the Mishimoto ones in stock and will give you a killer deal. I've installed 3 of these on customer cars and they couldn't be happier. Just pm me.

This has already been asked. The reason is because ford calls it a Performance Package. It increases performance of the car but it's not necessarily for track use.

Whereas if it was call a Track Package then it would need to have a trans cooler, oil cooler and possibly diff cooler like the GT350 track pack or R has.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The auto does have a trans cooler. For those with the auto trans what are the highest trans oil temps u are seeing?

OP
OP

Skenneyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you really want a nice bolt on kit I have the Mishimoto ones in stock and will give you a killer deal. I've installed 3 of these on customer cars and they couldn't be happier. Just pm me.

This has already been asked. The reason is because ford calls it a Performance Package. It increases performance of the car but it's not necessarily for track use.

Whereas if it was call a Track Package then it would need to have a trans cooler, oil cooler and possibly diff cooler like the GT350 track pack or R has.
I'll pm you for a price. Is there a factory oil temp sender that'll give a real oil temperature rather than the green/yellow/red one? Like if I go into engineering test mode of something?

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
even the factory oil temp readout is fake. Its just inferred from coolant temp.

I highly recommend the mishimoto oil cooler setup. Other eco's have gone into limp mode at some of my trackdays and I haven't yet. knock on wood...

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
The factory oil "coolers" that use coolant are also meant to improve fuel consumption by heating the engine up faster, that's why you see them on smaller "economy" engines.
Sponsored