Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Im 30 and I've frequented various forums since around 2003-4. I've seen and read what I stated against the 1le more times than I can count on this forum. PAGES upon PAGES discussing that with you know who and plenty others gathered round the fire lol. To me it's entertaining.

Setting the record strait is just a personality trait of mine. Some posts I resist (most of the time actually) and some I can't. The talk of the SS being a drivers race with an ecoboost is pulling at me right now but I'll let it go lol. Figured that's beyond fixing if someone believes that...
I do the same thing on the camaro forums. I consider true and accurate conversation much more appealing.

I apologize if I offended you... None of the comments were for you directly. Just speaking on the subject at hand.
Hate to tell you but a lightly modded/tuned EB4 will but a hurting on a stock ss and a stock 15 GT.

True and accurate? You got some jokes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Let's not pretend the EBPP isn't a ball of fire in competition. It does in fact hand the previous Gen Pony Cars their asses in FS.

It can't handle the Boss and the Boss couldn't handle the '15 GT. The two 1LE's got run out by everyone. Those were the first events for those Mustangs...

Last edited:
OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Trouble in IMSA?

CTSC's output is between 350-405hp

GT's output range is 450+hp

The GT350 is probably 480-505rwhp @3500-3600lbs stock. A tad stronger on IMSA fuel and tune.

I don't think IMSA will allow a development GT350 on the track until the points race is tied down. Another issue is just pure output... The Voodoo doesn't belong in CTSC, it is a GT engine. The GT350 is a GT car...

IMSA needs to either let the class evolve unhindered or limit the class as it once did. It is becoming an all out OEM battle if the GT350 is allowed.

There should be a Sports Car GT and a Sports Coupe GT (2-4 seat). Both classes should be 450+RWHP and only separated by OEM weight.

Keep CTSC mostly stock and keep them under 400rwhp. The z28 has no business there either... but required to win a championship.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Trouble in GM???

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, May 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Bob Hilliard, appointed by the Federal Judge in the GM MDL litigation to be the lead attorney for all personal injury and death cases caused by GM's defective ignition switch responds to the New York Times' report of GM's criminal wrongdoing.

Hilliard states, "It has seemed clear for some time that crimes were likely committed. A careful review of the documents supports the conclusion that GM's conduct was surely criminal and that there was a cover-up after the fact."

"With Judge Gerber's recent finding that GM engineers and GM lawyers knew this defect would kill people and nothing was done, coupled with deaths and injuries continuing still today, it appears the Justice Department may have decided it's time to send a message to the car industry. Not one involving just fines but orange jump suits."

"GM only feigns remorse when there is a threat of handcuffs. Yet, at the same time GM is pleading for its corporate life with the Department of Justice and trying to work out a sweetheart deal--right down the hall of the same courthouse in the civil court room GM denies any responsibility, for the hundreds of deaths and injuries caused by its defective ignition switch, declaring it has no fault and that it did nothing wrong. This is the epitome of corporate disingenuousness."

"GM is actively denying wrongdoing in the civil litigation. Hundreds of injuries and deaths caused by this defect and, at the same time GM negotiates with the Justice Department to plead guilty, it instructs its civil lawyers to deny fault and make each victim spend millions to try and prove their case."

"I call on GM to finally and completely do the right thing and concede full responsibility for this tragedy. Instead of compounding the misery of the victims by prolonging the civil litigation."
If they are cutting corners in safety, how can anyone trust them in other areas. Finally, GM got busted... by a part that cost $0.52 cents...

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
A few past Quotes from a great man...

"F*** GM, I hate them and their company and what they stand for. And I hate the way they're succeeding. Ford is back because people trust us. And that is a powerful message. I'm a car guy. I wake up each morning thinking about cars. Watch out. We're only going to get better."
...and my favorite...
I'm going to beat Chevrolet on the head with a bat. And I'm going to enjoy it."
Yessssssssssss....

Doesn't seem like such a bad idea now Jim. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.

I say:
Hang those f***ing people in their hometowns.
Money doesn't bring family back to life...

Sponsored

Gudz2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
That's pretty Flippin ignorant thing to say

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
There is no doubt that when a person dies or hurt due to bad parts, it's not a good thing. But to think this is just a GM issue and other companies are not doing the same thing, your blind. This is what I have been dealing with since I bought my Escape in 2013. http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/27/ford-recalls-the-2013-escape-for-seventh-time/
The difference is that ford is actually recalling the affected vehicles in a reasonable amount of time. GM knew about their issues since 2005, and yet the faulty part was still being installed on their cars in 2014. That's nine years of them purposely using a part they knew to be defective, let alone trying to cover everything up. Those are the issues people have, not the fact that there have been problems with parts, but rather they keep using them for so long, and tried to hide the issues.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
The difference is that ford is actually recalling the affected vehicles in a reasonable amount of time. GM knew about their issues since 2005, and yet the faulty part was still being installed on their cars in 2014. That's nine years of them purposely using a part they knew to be defective, let alone trying to cover everything up. Those are the issues people have, not the fact that there have been problems with parts, but rather they keep using them for so long, and tried to hide the issues.
True, but there recalls are still not fixing the issue. The Escapes for years have had engine fire problems, but I thought the new model would be fixed. They have had 3 recalls on the same engine fire issue. So having recalls don't do much good if the issue continues. I'm just frustrated getting a new car and have a stack of recalls.:rant:

Sponsored

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, but there recalls are still not fixing the issue. The Escapes for years have had engine fire problems, but I thought the new model would be fixed. They have had 3 recalls on the same engine fire issue. So having recalls don't do much good if the issue continues. I'm just frustrated getting a new car and have a stack of recalls.:rant:
Better to have a stack of recalls and be aware of an issue, than drive a car for 10 years and have no idea that your life is in danger.

Gudz2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
91-01 Ford explore killed many people

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91-01 Ford explore killed many people
I'm just finding this out now, considering I was 14 in 01 lol. But yeah, seems like they did mess up. Apparently the explorer was no more likely to roll over compared to any other SUV at the time, but knowing about the tire issue is suspect. That was also 14 years ago, and it seems like ford has a better track record with that stuff, I hope whoever was responsible paid for it though. Maybe in 2024 I can feel better about GM. But as of right now, they have no track record after the incident to make people feel better. And at least with them, the part that was failing was actually one they didn't make. Is very messed up that they continued to use the tires once they found out, so I will have to look more into this.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I'm just finding this out now, considering I was 14 in 01 lol. But yeah, seems like they did mess up. Apparently the explorer was no more likely to roll over compared to any other SUV at the time, but knowing about the tire issue is suspect. That was also 14 years ago, and it seems like ford has a better track record with that stuff, I hope whoever was responsible paid for it though. Maybe in 2024 I can feel better about GM. But as of right now, they have no track record after the incident to make people feel better. And at least with them, the part that was failing was actually one they didn't make. Is very messed up that they continued to use the tires once they found out, so I will have to look more into this.
That tire ordeal ended a 100+year relationship between Ford and Firestone.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.