Sponsored

Anything wrong with cooled seats?

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
I'm wondering the same thing, since there seems to be a noticeable discrepancy from the feedback in this thread. I'm thinking of visiting my dealer one of these days to sit in several S550s with cooled seats and see if they're all the same or if there's some kind of defect going on.
If you do, please report back. I've thought about doing the same but have very limited free time lately
Sponsored

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
The back could definitely be better. Your ass will freeze long before your back gets cool.
I don't want my back to get cold, I just want to stop my back from turning into a swamp. If it can do that I'm just fine with them.

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
Mine work bottom and back as well. Does take some time to reach maximum cool ~15-20 minutes though. Used them a lot on the long drive back from Fl. Used them after golf round...nice....

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
the cooled seats in my F150 sucked, they suck more in my GT. I new when i bought my car that the premium seats were heated, and had a useless cool button.

I use Heat all the time, love it, cant live without, need it, dream about it, wish i could wrap my self in its cozy greatness right now..

If the OE Recaro's were not cheapened by the cost cutters and came with seat heaters I'd be in heaven rolling in my 5.0 with the hardtop on and my recaro's on hot. what? sorry its early just got up.

I hate to admit this, but the Recaro's in my Evo X were heated, WTF Ford.

2015 DIB 50 year GT PP
Where in Socal do you need heated seats? I have never thought, I wish I had heated seats.
Someone else said they used them in the San Diego winter? What winter?? It was in the 60's for 4 days.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Where in Socal do you need heated seats? I have never thought, I wish I had heated seats.
Someone else said they used them in the San Diego winter? What winter?? It was in the 60's for 4 days.
I sometimes use heated seats in 60's weather. If I'm driving around with the windows down, I'll usually put the seat heater on low just to keep my core warm and not have to roll the windows up or put heat on.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Waiting for warm weather to actually try the cooled seats. Surprised Jimmy has been able to test his in NYC already.

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
Waiting for warm weather to actually try the cooled seats. Surprised Jimmy has been able to test his in NYC already.

Gonna be close to 90 degrees tomorrow, perfect day to test them out here!

Nexion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 - Mazda3
I believe some are defective, including mine, They used to work great, Like other reported would have to turn it down after a couple of minutes because it would get so cold.

Now it barely keeps up with body heat, There is definitely a fan, you can look under the seat, it has a mesh cover.

I have a feeling all I'm feeling now is the fan and the cooling element went bad.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I don't think they're defective, more poorly designed. You feel them when you turn it on after a min or 2 get cool and then after say 15-20-30 min on you cannot feel it anymore. Like it cannot keep up with ambient air temp and your body heat. I think it's more just a poor design.

Sponsored

Nexion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 - Mazda3
It could but, but I remember that wet in the pants feelings that some describe.
That does not happen anymore.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I sometimes use heated seats in 60's weather. If I'm driving around with the windows down, I'll usually put the seat heater on low just to keep my core warm and not have to roll the windows up or put heat on.
what, are you a californian or something?

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I used the seat cooler for a 2 hour trip last weekend. The seat bottom worked great but I still don't believe any of the people who say the back cools.

Nexion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 - Mazda3
The back does have a cooling area, I doubt there is a separate element there tho, I believe the fans just push air into the area, but I might be wrong.

It's the first thing I usually feel it when its 60 outside and wearing just a t shirt and turn on the Cooled seat.

That being said, you can't really tell if its 70+ it doesn't keep up with your body heat very well.
Sponsored