Anything wrong with cooled seats?

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Cooled seats do not work the same as heated seats. They are not supposed to cool your back on a mustang. There is a fan in the seat bottom that cool a that part but there is nothing that cool a the back portion. This is proper operation no defects. I'm not near my manual for a page # but it explains it.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Cooled seats

I had my Mustang out yesterday and it was hot hear in WV and I also used the Cooled Seats and they worked very well, I think they are great, wish I had them in my other car that I drive everyday.... Just my two cents worth, OK I would not want to be with out them when I take the trip to the west, will be gone for six weeks, will need the COOLED SEATS..... John :thumbsup:

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
My cooled seats work fantastic...a must have option because of the hot weather in Houston...especially with a black interior!!

They work much better than the cooled seats on my last BMW...

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Edited: My mistake.

Last edited:

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
The cooled seat bottoms are not driven by a fan. They are a thermal exchanger element (I'm forgetting its name) and are only in the seat bottoms, there are no fans blowing air there and there is no vents from the HVAC blowing air there.

As for operation in mine it takes them a couple of minutes before you notice them. It does get cool but it would be nice if there was another element in the setback to cool your lower back as well. The way it works though might be counterproductive in the seat back. The front side would get cool but the back side would get hot. Someone who knows the name of this process could chime in. I will look it up.
It's a peltier element. Process is called thermoelectric cooling or heating

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
It's a peltier element. Process is called thermoelectric cooling or heating
Bingo. Just found it as you responded. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

What I'm wondering now is when you use the heated seats does the seat bottom use the Peltier element to warm but the seat backs use a more traditional heating element or if there actually is another traditional heating element in the seat bottoms in addition to the Peltier unit? Haven't seen a cutout of the interior of the seat.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I always hear a fan noise when the cooled seats are on especially on the highest setting! To get optimum cooling, youn have to run your AC through the bottom feet area and the cooling element will blow that cold air through the seat! It works great for me, long trips are fun even in the summer!

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
I always hear a fan noise when the cooled seats are on especially on the highest setting! To get optimum cooling, youn have to run your AC through the bottom feet area and the cooling element will blow that cold air through the seat! It works great for me, long trips are fun even in the summer!
Peltier elements typically use a heat sink and fan to increase their efficiency, cold air under the seat will help further. I'd love to see someone pull one of these seats apart to see what's going on, but it ain't gonna be me.

Sponsored

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
the cooled seats in my F150 sucked, they suck more in my GT. I new when i bought my car that the premium seats were heated, and had a useless cool button.

I use Heat all the time, love it, cant live without, need it, dream about it, wish i could wrap my self in its cozy greatness right now..

If the OE Recaro's were not cheapened by the cost cutters and came with seat heaters I'd be in heaven rolling in my 5.0 with the hardtop on and my recaro's on hot. what? sorry its early just got up.

I hate to admit this, but the Recaro's in my Evo X were heated, WTF Ford.

2015 DIB 50 year GT PP

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
they work the way i want them to. On a hot day, the butt of the seat gets very hot, if i start my car and let the seat coolers run, that is exactly what i want them to cool. Very happy with them!

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Why not try it yourself at the dealership and find out how it feels to you?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The cooling does not work very well at all. Maybe the first few minutes and then it seems to not be able to keep up with your body heat over time sitting (especially in a warm climate).

Since we're in south FL and never need heated seats, I would have gone leather Recaros had I known the cooling was so gimmicky/insignificant, since you lose the heat/cool doing so.
Sponsored