Sponsored

Juggernaut outed

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Who cares, I wouldn’t trust Flores with my worst enemy’s car.
You have no experience with his tuning is what you said in a later post. So, what do you base this statement on?

If you don't like him, that's a different argument. Irrelevant to his tuning ability.
Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Some of Ford's stuff is really elegant, and other stuff is just way unnecessarily complicated. There's way WAY too many "nanny" features within the tune that try to safeguard the drivetrain/transmission from overtorque. You don't need 28 torque tables to manage a tune. The charging system strategies again are just WAY over complicated.
The nannies are in place because Ford is selling majority of these vehicles to men who a good percentage are still neanderthals who beat the shit out of these cars. They are trying to mitigate loss because of the offered/implied warranty.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What I'm saying is that you can't have it both ways. Either taking what's in there and modifying it makes a "new" tune completed by the modifier, or it's all Ford's tune and no one else should get credit for creating a tune.
I got you. Development actually costs money. No matter how anyone developed a tune it took time and money. I have no skin in the game. I'm for sure going to tune my own in the near future.

Last thing I would want in this case is someone ripping something off that I spent time & effort in to make it good. And pawning it off as their own for boatloads of cash.

Regardless what you think about a certain tuner and for whatever reason, that's unscrupulous behavior.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You have no experience with his tuning is what you said in a later post. So, what do you base this statement on?

If you don't like him, that's a different argument. Irrelevant to his tuning ability.
You obviously missed my statement that he could be the best tuner in the world, I still wouldn’t give him my money. He’s an ass hat.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You obviously missed my statement that he could be the best tuner in the world, I still wouldn’t give him my money. He’s an ass hat.
Lol....

If you're a hardcore MAGA guy it's the same thing. It's a personality in the end. There is a lot of bluster there but no substance. I still can't figure out how people watch several hours of that. He used to not be so wild.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
No, I didn't miss it.

"I wouldn't trust him to tune my car" means that you don't think he's competent or that he would purposefully cause harm, and then you go on to say that you have no experience with his tuning.

So, you're basing your sentiment on nothing other than the fact that he really upsets you for some reason. Not that you have any actual first hand knowledge of his tuning prowess or lack of it.

I personally don't care for his videos, but that's irrelevant to his ability to make someone's car run and let's face it, they all are jerks to one degree or another.

It makes you look like you just want to grind an ax. Not really a good look.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I got you. Development actually costs money. No matter how anyone developed a tune it took time and money. I have no skin in the game. I'm for sure going to tune my own in the near future.

Last thing I would want in this case is someone ripping something off that I spent time & effort in to make it good. And pawning it off as their own for boatloads of cash.

Regardless what you think about a certain tuner and for whatever reason, that's unscrupulous behavior.
I agree if you take someone else's work and sell it as your own, that is wrong. However, if you work for a company and don't have a non-compete agreement in your contract, you are free to leave and start your own company at any time. The stuff in your head that you learned working for somebody is your own at that point. It's not like this person stole a file from work and is selling that. He is doing his own work now.

I can see there's a bit of gray there. In this case, I don't think anything wrong was done. He made changes to the Ford ECU in order to make it work with NEW modifications that were incompatible with the old code inside the ECU.

The person receiving the tune paid for the Ford original tune when buying the car. Then paid again for another tune. Then made more mods to the car and bought another tune. This seems like business as usual to me.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I agree if you take someone else's work and sell it as your own, that is wrong. However, if you work for a company and don't have a non-compete agreement in your contract, you are free to leave and start your own company at any time. The stuff in your head that you learned working for somebody is your own at that point. It's not like this person stole a file from work and is selling that. He is doing his own work now.

I can see there's a bit of gray there. In this case, I don't think anything wrong was done. He made changes to the Ford ECU in order to make it work with NEW modifications that were incompatible with the old code inside the ECU.

The person receiving the tune paid for the Ford original tune when buying the car. Then paid again for another tune. Then made more mods to the car and bought another tune. This seems like business as usual to me.
That’s the biggest thing right there and non competes are very hard too implement. You can’t stop someone from earning a living. Some states don’t even recognize a non compete clause.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The nannies are in place because Ford is selling majority of these vehicles to men who a good percentage are still neanderthals who beat the shit out of these cars. They are trying to mitigate loss because of the offered/implied warranty.
I know why they do it. It's just cumbersome for those who upgrade components and/or worry less about protecting the drivetrain and more about making the most power. It's cumbersome with all the tables/conditions. Like I said, some of the stuff Ford does is brilliant. Other stuff is 4 blocks over to go one block up.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Yeah sounds reasonable to you and I but to someone like Alex who toots his own horn while trash talking his own customers, it’s probably the biggest insult.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Wow the Lund hate is real 😆 sorry guys, that gentleman’s “tools” belong to Lund. Ya’ll can scream and should all you want but at the end of the day he used software that wasn’t his to modify a file that he didn’t develop into lunds customer. I love how the excuse is the customer is a “gotta have it now” type. I know some of Ya’ll aren’t tuned by Lund therefore waiting for revisions might be an issue. But If this person wrote to Lund and said he/she needed some changes, he/she Would have a reply typically within an hour or 2.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
he used software that wasn’t his to modify a file that he didn’t develop into lunds customer.
Who's software did he use? SCT? HPT?

Way I read this is Lund forgot to lock a tune, person came to different tuner, tuner was able to read file, fixed whatever problem the customer had and reflashing it to the car the tune is licensed for.

To me it is a whole bunch of nothing. The tune is licensed to the car, not to Lund. If Lund didn't lock it, too bad. I guess this is why he scrambles the OSID now.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Wow the Lund hate is real 😆 sorry guys, that gentleman’s “tools” belong to Lund. Ya’ll can scream and should all you want but at the end of the day he used software that wasn’t his to modify a file that he didn’t develop into lunds customer. I love how the excuse is the customer is a “gotta have it now” type. I know some of Ya’ll aren’t tuned by Lund therefore waiting for revisions might be an issue. But If this person wrote to Lund and said he/she needed some changes, he/she Would have a reply typically within an hour or 2.
Haters gonna hate bro.
I'm tuned by wengerd but all this drama is entertaining if nothing else. You're not the only one I've seen have good things to say about Lund. But clearly, a bunch of people in my other thread about Wengerd are just as happy as i am. I don't care how he does it, as long as my car is right and doesn't blow up. I don't have the money for people and their drama to be interfering with my cars ability to run correctly 😂

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
flores is an idiot and moron and a LIAR

if lund spent more time taking care of customers than whining online they would be much better off.

we dropped them like a hot potatoe last year.

after sending them over a million $ in revenue, i couldn’t take it any more.

their condescending attitude. better than everyone and consistently blaming “mechanical issue” so they don’t have to actually tune a car.

anyone who thinks matt can’t tune doesn’t have a clue. matt is one of the most intelligent people i have met in this industry.

not only does matt tune. he is an engineer and coder.

more experienced than anyone lund has under the roof. his level of knowledge makes flores look elementary school at best.

let’s get them on a show together…. it would be hilarious.

10 months and my car had an issue that arose as soon as we put the larger turbo on it. the pcm was shutting itself down and resetting itself.

Just so everyone understands what happened at md nationals two years ago we overnighted a bigger turbo, put it on the car, and the minute we started making more power with the bigger turbo the computer started shutting itself down

for 10 months we troubleshooting “mechanical issues “. Lund refused to look at it as the tune because it was “a known good file “

They are the king of copy pasters.

How many 2018 BL fabrication single turbo 104 Fore Innovations fuel system FIC 2150 built engine cars are you tuning. You’re turning one, so how can I be a known good file

They had me jump through hoops for 10 months, replace multiple things for thousands of dollars and my crew chief diagnosing the car replacing things thousands and thousands of dollars thousands of dollars traveling trying things that never worked

I spoke to a Tuner that hasn’t tuned anything since like 2010 never even tune a coyote

I’ll talk to him maybe 30 seconds explaining what was going on and instantly he told me that we were hitting a critical limiter

What that limit or is he said he didn’t know. But the PCM is reaching some kind of limit that it should not be able to reach and it’s causing it to shut down

Funny thing was after everything was down and figure it out and that was what the issue was. Lund Senior told me yeah I know that guy he’s not that smart.

I’m thinking to myself with your son was working on the car for 10 months and didn’t have a clue and this guy figured it out 30 seconds at least knew where to look

Anyway, after talking to multiple tuners with Mod, refuse to acknowledge, it was a tunin issue. Matt offered to fly up, look at the car, and he was confident he could figure out whether it was a mechanical or a tune issue.

after spending the day with us on the Dino and the issue being very reputable, Lincoln says that he was convinced it was a tune issue

He took all the data back with him to Florida, took about a week week and a half, but he was able to figure out the issue, right a patch into the software and fix the issue

We instantly were running the 10th and a half quicker than we’ve ever ran with Lund tooting the car not only that I was able to throw like another 8 pounds of boost at it in second gear. We’re lunds tune would just flair and not be able to shift.

Fast forward to the new control pack car that we done on the 2015

We went untested to our first race, and we had a problem where the car would not go above 3500 on the transbrake, or with shift gears while you were on the transbrake

So we brought the car back home and went to work trying to diagnose the issue

Matt again went into the coding in the programming looking for things that weren’t mapped out in Sct or Hp Tuners

He was able to find the perimeter. It took about a week and a half, but he found it, mapped it out. It was able to write it into the programming and fix the issue.

The funny thing is lund knew we were having the issue because I never really hide anything and posted about it

Of course they make a post on their forum showing cars with control packs launching above whatever RPM like they’re so smarter than everybody else with hashtags referencing 3500 taking shots at matt.

The funniest thing about all of that, a kid that is a big lund nut swinger commented on one of my posts

He is the one that first had the issue with Control pack two years ago. He had the exact same issue we were we’re having.

The funniest thing is he even private messaged me telling me how great Lund was because after he got with Ford racing when Lund couldn’t figure it out and Ford sent him data logging equipment to try to figure out the issue and then he specifically told me that Ford Racing sent Lund what they needed to change so that his trans brake would work with his control pack

so Lund is basically taking shots about how great they are with their tuning because they basically don’t have an issue that we were having

When they had the exact same issue in Ford racing, had to give them an answer lol

Meanwhile, in just about a week and a half Matt❓ was able to code it out, figure it out himself through trial and error, and get the car working correctly

And I even made a post about how we were sending the information to Sct and to Hp Tuners to make the information public so if anybody else had the issue, they knew where to find it at

And so that the software companies could make the changes live to wear it didn’t have to be coded in

In addition after the first issue, and I told Lund that Matt fixed the car and it was a tunin issue

He immediately went behind the scenes, trying to get Tuner’s not to sell devices to me and get me blacklisted from the company

All while still being a dealer for them

Very underhanded and very shady and I have the phone call where I got Lund to admit it over the phone

The tuning community used to be a great community. We’re all the Tuner’s got along, and they all shared info.

The problem is lund fell out of grace with most of those tuners because they got a big head and thought they were better than everybody else

I personally just didn’t feel comfortable, sending another dollar to them

So after over $1 million of revenue generated for Lund I cut ties

I’d rather not make the money, then send them another cent.

Juggernaut has been doing an excellent job for us there half the price of a lund tune and Matt goes out of his way to take care of the customers

I will put Matts ’s résumé up against 99% of the Tuner’s in the country

I would love to put lund Senior Junior and Flores in the same room with a tunin issue that is it mapped out that you have to figure out on your own and see who does it first

why doesn’t somebody ask lund who wrote their entire back end software? guess what. it was matt, why him and not jr. becuse hes smarter than them

why do you think Lund recruited him? Because he’s one of the best out there

and also…. feel free to ask me how many different stock files lund had me suck off when I was working at the Ford dealership……..
Sponsored

Last edited: