Sponsored

What the Hell is Wrong with Us?

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
Your comments are all wrong-self centered and convey an attitude of it doesn't impact me, so drive on. Don't think you have any idea of Team effort

You can become a carrier and pass " Influenza " to others who do not have the immune system to handle it. Now think about that and how many people you might infect and become responsible for them succumbing to this virus
I substituted Influenza for Covid19 in your statement. So, using your logic, do you stay home every winter ?
Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
This has nothing to do with mustang s550 and btw I'm tired of seeing people way over react it's a virus less serious to date than bird flu a few years ago killed less people and we didn't have the mass hysteria we have today due to media hype and social media idiocy. Mods please move this irrelevant post to the correct place.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - If your lips are dry, your tongue feels like desert and sticks to the roof of your mouth, you have Corona Beer deficiency, not Corona virus... Bruce

P.S. A Corona a day keeps the virus at bay - Willie Shakespeare

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
This has nothing to do with mustang s550 and btw I'm tired of seeing people way over react it's a virus less serious to date than bird flu a few years ago killed less people and we didn't have the mass hysteria we have today due to media hype and social media idiocy. Mods please move this irrelevant post to the correct place.
Bird flu was not a pandemic. Do you understand what that means? Bird flu is extremely rare (less than 1000 cases per year) and is treatable.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
Never mind that differences between religions has cause far more human anguish than philosophical differences between the major political parties.
Religion has always been a bad thing. Jesus Christ doesn't want you to have religion; rather, he wants a personal relationship with you.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Please google news and Newt Gingrich. Heā€™s in Italy and has written an opinion.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
HR managers are losing their shit everywhere. The owners of our company are vacationing in Australia for 35 days, and now HR is losing it. Last I heard Friday was that this coming week every employee must 'report to her' for temperature screening. Since I am a division manager, neither I nor any of my team plan to participate in this ridiculous exposure risk. My team works out of a different building and rarely interact with employees in other divisions. She is risking exposing us to her! I'll gladly go to the house with a free vacation before I do something that stupid. I'll quarantine in my Mustang. Maybe another road trip. How's the weather in NE Ohio right now?

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
Folks...its not about the total cases so far or the amount of deaths so far its the possibility of what may happen if people ignore this. We as a country have barely started to test for this, who knows how many people really have it. I don't understand how anyone can just ignore the fact of what is happening around the earth. Lets see, since it is estimated that in 2019 an estimated 606,880 will have died from cancer do we just ignore it, or stop looking for a treatment or do we only focus on that since it is one of the top killers and ignore other diseases. The Governor of Illinois (like him or not) hit the nail on the head today. He said (to paraphrase) "I tried to give people the benefit of the doubt and tell people to stay in or keep their distances but obviously that didn't work so I am now closing all bars and restaurants for minimum of two weeks. Every decision I make on this will unfortunately be considered a bad decision or a less bad decision, I hope nothing more than to have people tell me I over reacted, better than not reacting fast enough."

I can't believe people don't at least see the possibility of what could happen. Read this article: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/15/us/philadelphia-1918-spanish-flu-trnd/index.html

I understand people being less concerned than others but some of the comments on here are just irresponsible. To me it is no different than listing to parents my age say "I drank a few too many times when i was younger and then got into a car, its a right of passage" no its not. Its wrong, we mature as a society (or at least should) and you shouldn't let your kids do it and you shouldn't drink and drive yourself either. Off my soap box.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
its 39 degrees out but sunny so I am going to test out the new wins screen I installed. In the meantime here's some insight from Dr Fauci (bolding/italics is me)

Fauci said he did not see domestic travel restrictions in the immediate future but warned, as he did last week, that the outbreak would get worse before it gets better.

Asked whether he thought U.S. authorities should impose a 14-day lockdown to try to stop the spread of the virus, Fauci said: "You know, I would prefer (that) as much as we possibly could. I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for over reacting."

Fauci said on CBS' "Face the Nation" the idea of closing restaurants in the United States "might be overkill right now, but everything is on the table." He said he himself would not go to a restaurant.

"If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing,
" Fauci said.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I substituted Influenza for Covid19 in your statement. So, using your logic, do you stay home every winter ?
Covid 19, no vaccine and no determined cause. Standard prevention protocols are limited contact and cleaning
Flu: Vacinne and known causes. Standard Prevention protocols: Limit contact and cleaning.

Pot calling the kettle black? I don't think so. You might think twice if you saw Pandemic predictions if this is not controlled and eventually contained.

To answer your question: I am high risk due to other injuries and age. I take standard precautions; get the annual Flu Shot, Shingles and Pneumonia vaccine. As a member of a large international Company, we are taking this seriously. Ignorance, self centered thinking and living with blinders on is not the answer.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Covid 19, no vaccine and no determined cause. Standard prevention protocols are limited contact and cleaning
Flu: Vacinne and known causes. Standard Prevention protocols: Limit contact and cleaning.

Pot calling the kettle black? I don't think so. You might think twice if you saw Pandemic predictions if this is not controlled and eventually contained.

To answer your question: I am high risk due to other injuries and age. I take standard precautions; get the annual Flu Shot, Shingles and Pneumonia vaccine. As a member of a large international Company, we are taking this seriously. Ignorance, self centered thinking and living with blinders on is not the answer.
Just canā€™t agree my friend. To me this isnā€™t a concern, all my peers feel same way. They just shut down our food and bars for 2 weeks tonight in ohio, upsetting.

still donā€™t care though, to me doesnā€™t feel like anything other than an annoyance.

One month from now, no one will even know Coronavirus even existed here. Thatā€™s how non talked about it is in my area.

Overhyped and blown out of proportion.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
He supports a 14 day lock down but not closing restaurants. Iā€™m sorry, he just went both ways. His ā€œopinionā€ is ....... The MSM has constantly pushed one disaster or another for the last several years. This is no different. That is not to say to act like an arse and purposely put yourself or family in harms way. And for the record, my better half had a positive patient today. They are properly prepared and protected. The reality is in her profession she deals with much worse then this on a regular basis.

its 39 degrees out but sunny so I am going to test out the new wins screen I installed. In the meantime here's some insight from Dr Fauci (bolding/italics is me)

Fauci said he did not see domestic travel restrictions in the immediate future but warned, as he did last week, that the outbreak would get worse before it gets better.

Asked whether he thought U.S. authorities should impose a 14-day lockdown to try to stop the spread of the virus, Fauci said: "You know, I would prefer (that) as much as we possibly could. I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for over reacting."

Fauci said on CBS' "Face the Nation" the idea of closing restaurants in the United States "might be overkill right now, but everything is on the table." He said he himself would not go to a restaurant.

"If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing,
" Fauci said.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad there's so many self-degreed epidemiologists on Mustang6g that know all!
/s

This is seriously showing how uninformed and stupid people are, and thousands of people are going to die because of it. Overloading our hospitals is a really bad thing, and you're going to make sure it happens, just like in Italy.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1