Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^Schroder valve? LOL Reminds me of Honda back in the 70s. Civic manual came to the States with a section called "Shiting the 5 Speed"
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Reminds me of Honda back in the 70s. Civic manual came to the States with a section called "Shiting the 5 Speed"
At least that was just a typo. NCR manufactured a product originally named Card Random Access Process with pre-release manuals sporting big red: C.R.A.P. on the cover. Fortunately they renamed it Card Random Access Method before the unveil.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Maybe we are not alone!
According to Torquenews, Audi has just issued a recall for 1.16m vehicles for aircon problems
At least they are officially acknowledging the issue

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Maybe we are not alone!
According to Torquenews, Audi has just issued a recall for 1.16m vehicles for aircon problems
At least they are officially acknowledging the issue
Yeah but apparently the Mustang doesn't have an issue :lol: due to the 'small numbers' involved ie small chance of a substantial fighting fund/class action being successful. Or maybe I'm thinking of the oil cooler 'event' (because it's not an issue :doh:). Or...maybe it's only an issue when the manufacturer says it is or is told to accept that it is (eg ACCC and the Focus).

Harder to keep 1.16m under wraps than a few thousand I guess.

And they say Government bureaucracies are bad...:crazy:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my aircon just shat itself for the third time.

:doh:

Not sure how much longer they'll keep going through the charade of replacing 'faulty' schrader valves and regassing.

Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

Not sure how much longer they'll keep going through the charade of replacing 'faulty' schrader valves and regassing.
They'll keep saying it's the shrader valve until you're out of warranty. Then they'll magically find the real source, the leaky evaporator, and charge you out the ass to fix it.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro

The first time my AC went out they said it was a leaking hose and recharged the system. I expressed my concern about the faulty EVAP unit since I had less than a year on the warranty. The second time my AC died I took it to a different dealership and they replaced the EVAP unit. My advice is take it to a different dealership.

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Mine goes in tomorrow for no A/C. Classic signs of bad Evap Core. Blowing cool air on the passenger side, warm air on the drivers. Curious to see how they Diagnose it. I will be upset if they say it’s the Schroeder valve.

Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6

figmentsas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
I think I also have the same A/C problem. No cold air, and I already brought it in twice. First time, they just refreshed the system and used the dye to show leaks. It lasted a while, but then I got no cold air again. The dye did show a leak, and they said they repaired it, but last month on a warm day, I turned on the A/C, no cold air again. Sigh. Will bring it to the dealer for a third time, but after reading this great forum, I will ask them about the TSB, the evaporator, the schrader valve, etc.

Though the pessimist in me, I decided to purchase a Ford ExtraCARE ESP from Flood Ford, $0 deductible, 7 yrs, 60K miles for $845. It covers nearly the same A/C components as the full PremiumCARE ESP. This third visit to the dealer will be near the end of my 3 year warranty, but I have a feeling it won't be fixed. (My car is a 2015 Eco Vert with 20K miles)

I do have a question: Do you leave the A/C button ON all the time? Is this ok to do? I mean, my beater car is 2008 Toyota Highlander, and I always leave its A/C button ON (winter and summer), and for 10 years, I get cool A/C with no issues.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I do have a question: Do you leave the A/C button ON all the time? Is this ok to do? I mean, my beater car is 2008 Toyota Highlander, and I always leave its A/C button ON (winter and summer), and for 10 years, I get cool A/C with no issues.
I have never turned off AC in any car with an AC thermostat for as long as I can remember.

p kearse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have been told that I have a leak in the evaporator core of my 15 gt. Recharged and no issue after 5 weeks. My inquiry is if anyone can tell me that good sealant will fix this issue.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Haha, yeah...I've wondered why the AC light is lit 24-7. I myself turn it off when I drive with the windows down when it's in the 70's. With the auto climate control, It "should" only be actually turning on the AC when the temperature requires it.
Sponsored