Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
$6500 How sad. This only further cements my decision to buy a 2017 Fusion Sport with the current $4500 in rebates and another $3000 off for A plan. I'd rather pay 27k for a new car than 45k even if it is slower.
AND not even comparable to a Mustang....
Sponsored

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Ditto...that...and it's freaking faster than the manual. Again, why does Ford do this with their fastest Mustangs? The GT350, the 2018 PP2, are intending to be faster versions but get "slowed down" with a slower trans. Why not the option at least?...autos ain't just for commuting any more. Manuals are just a hobby these days. Don't get me wrong. I ain't no millennial snowflake, I learn to drive a manual on a 1966 Beatle when I was 7, and my 2008 race car is a manual. But jeez Louise, technology has changed and Ford keeps their fastest Mustangs with the slowest driveline. Ain't no manual in the Ford GT, is there?!?!?
Yoo-hoo, Ford, you listening????
The same 10 speed auto in the ZL1 Camaro is slower around a racetrack than the 6 spd manual with the same driver.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...olet-camaro-zl1-first-test-brute-squad-goals/

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
You have A-plan, why are you complaining?
And by the way, A plan is a joke. When I worked at a dealership we laughed at people with A plan. Is it a discount, yes. Can you negotiate a better deal, hell yes. A plan just made our job easier and quicker - no negotiating.

Reactions: Ebm

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Serious question. Is the 5.0 Engine THAT much more expensive than the LSx derivative in the Camaro?

I ask because of how much more stuff is in the SS 1LE vs this. E-diff, external coolers, wider forged 20" wheels with wider tires, 6 pot Brembos front, 4 rear, etc. For pretty close to the same price.
Don't forget the active exhaust and short shifter. Let's be real here, if the 1LE didn't exist then neither would this "Tremor" package.

Sponsored

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Don't forget the active exhaust and short shifter. Let's be real here, if the 1LE didn't exist then neither would this "Tremor" package.
Yeah, I think just many of us who are looking for something ready to go off the showroom floor are disappointed in the additional "features" vs the 1LE.

For me the biggest deal is brakes and extra cooling. That's the best thing for longevity and reliability.

Did you bother to finish reading the article you linked?
I did, I also noticed the "Unofficial" to which you are referencing.

In reality, for mortals like us, it's not going to make much of a difference unless you are just abysmal at heel-toe, or something.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
And by the way, A plan is a joke. When I worked at a dealership we laughed at people with A plan. Is it a discount, yes. Can you negotiate a better deal, hell yes. A plan just made our job easier and quicker - no negotiating.
^^^^^^^

Been my experience

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Did you bother to finish reading the article you linked?
" Camaro boss Al Oppenheiser wanted the ZL1 to be the best ponycar on the drag strip, on a canyon road, and on the racetrack ..."

Poneycar ?

wtf. :doh::headbonk:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT

Yeah, A-Plan is about 10% below MSRP and there's no way any of the 5 dealers around me will budge on beating x-plan for a special ordered car. I don't think you can 'negotiate' a better deal that doesn't involve making up the savings on the vehicle by agreeing to spend money on other BS like dealership service plans and extended warranties.

Maybe if it's a car that's been sitting on the lot for a while and they're trying to meet sales goals.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Don't forget that PP2 for the base GT includes cloth Recaros which is built in the PP2 price. Recaro seats were a $1600 option for the base GT in 17.
Say's who, not in anything I have seen. Certainly not the list of what's in the package.

But even if it was, still less content than the 1LE for the same money. They need to change the name from Tremor to wimpy.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Say's who, not in anything I have seen. Certainly not the list of what's in the package.

But even if it was, still less content than the 1LE for the same money. They need to change the name from Tremor to wimpy.
As noted above see the DORA/invoice in the first post. Also see the trim portions of the order guide. Certainly some implication that PP2 either includes or mandates cloth Recaros in the base GT. Obviously none of us know, or at least no one who can say. :)

At this point we don't know anything for sure and only have a few "probably correct" bits from Ford.

bardoc.gainz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford mustang ecoboost
I called the dealership that I placed my order with to see if I can change the vehicle to the PP2 INSTEAD OF THE PP1 since they did not give me a vin and they are giving me the run around. Never again will I do business with a dealership again. frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

bardoc.gainz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford mustang ecoboost
It comes with Cloth recaro seats and sticker tires. Every thing that the pp1 offers but upgarded with magnaride paired.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
As noted above see the DORA/invoice in the first post. Also see the trim portions of the order guide. Certainly some implication that PP2 either includes or mandates cloth Recaros in the base GT. Obviously none of us know, or at least no one who can say. :)

At this point we don't know anything for sure and only have a few "probably correct" bits from Ford.
Based on the DORA it also requires a $2000 interior package for your $6500 package with less in it than the $6500 1LE package. So it is really a $8500 package with less in it than the competition's $6500 package.

I can't believe it doesn't at least include the dual mode exhaust that is already a stand alone option (and yes is part of the 1LE package).
Sponsored

Last edited: