Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^^^ Nice one. Anyone knows where we can report it? This seems to be a large scale issue so it should have some impact.
Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
That's actually a great idea. The EPA wouldn't like hearing about all the refrigerant being leaked. However, it'd be hard to get real numbers without getting some lawyers involved. I'm terrified that it'll go out at about 40k miles. Then Ford can tell me to hand over thousands or get fucked.

Also, does anyone know if Ford has lifetime warranty on their replaced parts?

I know on my previous car, a Volvo, they guaranteed the parts they replaced for life. It'd suck to have this go out at 20k, them replacing it, and have it go out 20k miles later.
Not sure if you guys watch the news, but there is not really going to be an EPA anymore. It's part of the making America great again plan. I don't think there will be any organizations left with any power to enforce any enviro laws, so I don't see anything coming from "reporting" leaking refrigerant on cars.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Not sure if you guys watch the news, but there is not really going to be an EPA anymore. It's part of the making America great again plan. I don't think there will be any organizations left with any power to enforce any enviro laws, so I don't see anything coming from "reporting" leaking refrigerant on cars.
Politics on a Mustang forum... :frusty:

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Politics on a Mustang forum... :frusty:
I'm not taking a position. Maybe they didn't know what EPA is or was (I have friends who work there). It's like someone saying they are going to contact INS about something. That agency doesn't exist any more. Government agencies grow, contract, disappear, reappear throughout time. I doubt EPA will care, but go ahead and report.

If you took offense to my comment, maybe YOU don't think it is a great plan? I'm just repeated what I've been told by the people implementing it. It's not opinion, just reality (good or bad).

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I'm not taking a position. Maybe they didn't know what EPA is or was (I have friends who work there). It's like someone saying they are going to contact INS about something. That agency doesn't exist any more. Government agencies grow, contract, disappear, reappear throughout time. I doubt EPA will care, but go ahead and report.

If you took offense to my comment, maybe YOU don't think it is a great plan? I'm just repeated what I've been told by the people implementing it. It's not opinion, just reality (good or bad).
No offense taken whatsoever. And I'd be willing to bet that if we engaged in a political conversation we would find our views in alignment. I was simply making that statement because I have seen simple comments like that hijack a thread, get heated and lead off topic. That's not to imply you are wrong in any way. In fact, I tended to agree. It's all good, brother! :cheers:

In retrospect, maybe it was I that made it political and hojacked thread. If that's the case, I apologize.

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
It sounds like it, yes. And I would NOT be breathing that stuff in. Take it back. Demand the evap change!
Car is booked next Thursday for a complete A/C check. Let's see what they say.
The problem is that here in the EU they really know nothing about this car, all the TSB's you have in the US are not available here... :shrug:

John, regarding the smell, I think all you need is simply a filter change. As for the moisture you see coming out of the vents it's probably condensation because of the air humidity.
The car was at the yearly inspection last month and they changed all the filters (or have to say I hope so). Dont think it's really a problem of air humidity as humidity is not really a problem in my area.

Tip14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Auto)
I just took mine to Ford yesterday for the ac issue. The ac was only blowing cold on the passenger side, and even on low the ac coming from the passenger side was luke warm. The Ford tech ordered a new "evaporation canister" or whatever the part is that was discussed earlier in the thread. Of note the tech told me that Ford is aware of the issue, and he has seen at least 20 plus cars come in with the issue at his garage. He said almost all of them were 2015's with around 25xxx to 30xxx. So it seems the part usually fails while still under warranty. He advised me that if there where any people who are getting close to the end of the standard warranty take the car in for service, and ask that the ac system be checked. Whatever software they use to check the ac system there will be a flag in there stating something is wrong with the evaporation canister or some error. Either way Ford is going to cover mine under warranty so lets hope when they put everything back together they don't break anything.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My Ac just started to act up the last couple of days. I get cool air on passenger side and then warm air on the drivers side. So I got to see if I can pass by my local dealer this Saturday and talk to them. I got a 2015 with 15,500 miles on it.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
wow that's the first ive seen that's not in a hot environment year round like in FL or TX

i was hoping that we wont have this issue up in the northeast.....

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Update: I took my car in, they filled it up with refrigerand and it now seems to work perfectly - it's freezing cold inside the cabin. They told me that it is possible that there was not enough freon inside the system when I first bought the car, they have seens this happening before.

Anyway, they also added a dye and they will follow up in a month in order to check if there is a leak or not.

Hopefully that will be the end of the problem. Will keep you updated.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Update: I took my car in, they filled it up with refrigerand and it now seems to work perfectly - it's freezing cold inside the cabin. They told me that it is possible that there was not enough freon inside the system when I first bought the car, they have seens this happening before.

Anyway, they also added a dye and they will follow up in a month in order to check if there is a leak or not.

Hopefully that will be the end of the problem. Will keep you updated.

same bullshit they fed me. they even said refrigerant gets used up while it cools the car.

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
My Service Dept in Pensacola told me there iS a service bulletin regarding the Evap Core. Told me that'll be the problem if it starts blowing warm. Fortunately, for me, the job was already done before I bought it!
Mine is in the shop right now. Been there for 13 days now. I asked my service tech if there was a TSB for the Evap core and she said no. I'd really like to see an official TSB on this. My patience is really wearing thin. I have a fully loaded 2016 GT PP with less than 9500 miles on it and just over a year old. There is no way this should be happening. Totally unacceptable!!!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
It's a ford

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Mine is in the shop right now. Been there for 13 days now. I asked my service tech if there was a TSB for the Evap core and she said no. I'd really like to see an official TSB on this. My patience is really wearing thin. I have a fully loaded 2016 GT PP with less than 9500 miles on it and just over a year old. There is no way this should be happening. Totally unacceptable!!!
Cars have problems, no car is perfect. That's not what we need to be angry about. It should be the fact that Ford obviously revised the part (new part number) and is hoping that cars run out of warranty before that part breaks. Aside from the trans and engine, I think that's the most expensive component to replace in a modern car due to the labor.

The fact that they are not issuing recalls for this tells me that they don't give a shit. That's why I plan on bringing my car in for every tiny problem and having them fix it under bumper to bumper.
Sponsored