Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone yet (haven't seen a post yet) played with an aftermarket intake and power pack 1? I'm running a Mishimoto intake and wondering if the pp1 tuning will play nice with that intake, and will power levels be more than the claimed 13/16 From Ford due to the intake?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If I go with the PP2 what would the procedure to put the stock tune back understanding I'd have to change the hardware back too? The programmer for my Dura Max sucks the stock tune out and puts the new one in. I can replace the stock tune when I want to with the programmer. Is this the same or different?

Thank You!
The procal tuner should let you revert back to stock. I'll look into that more and report back the procedure when I load it up.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
If you go back to stock tune you will have to go back to stock hardware too. The stock tune cannot deal with the new MAF and the throttle.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If you go back to stock tune you will have to go back to stock hardware too. The stock tune cannot deal with the new MAF and the throttle.
Yes, absolutley. "understanding I'd have to change the hardware back too"

Sponsored

antny825

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
How much more aggressive would an aftermarket tune with a cai be compared to the PP2?

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
How much more aggressive would an aftermarket tune with a cai be compared to the PP2?

I would say 15 to 20 HP but keeping in mind that any future modifications would require a re-tune that would render the PP2 tune useless. Ford performance doesn't do custom tunes, correct me if I am wrong but they base their tunes off STOCK configuration.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This is the no lift feature kicking in because your foot is slightly pressing clutch. Took me a lot of calls to ford performance to figure that out.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
According to ford performance it wouldn't make a difference because it's not tuned for the extra air flow. But who knows

Has anyone yet (haven't seen a post yet) played with an aftermarket intake and power pack 1? I'm running a Mishimoto intake and wondering if the pp1 tuning will play nice with that intake, and will power levels be more than the claimed 13/16 From Ford due to the intake?

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I would say 15 to 20 HP but keeping in mind that any future modifications would require a re-tune that would render the PP2 tune useless. Ford performance doesn't do custom tunes, correct me if I am wrong but they base their tunes off STOCK configuration.
FRPP2 is more of a midrange torque boost and hard to say what gains an email tune would bring over that. For the best results try a custom tune.

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Question - I see more talk and threads about the FRPP2 package, and not 3. Wondering why that might be.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Question - I see more talk and threads about the FRPP2 package, and not 3. Wondering why that might be.
Can't speak for everyone, but for me it was the much higher torque down low of the PP2 that got me excited as oppose to the lower torque but higher HP at the end (6500+ RPM) of the tach. for PP3

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
PP3 is relatively new to market. PP1 and PP2 have been out for a while.
Sponsored