BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
:lol::lol::lol: At first I was like is this guy from overseas or just doesn't speak/write well :D
OMG GUYS I HEARDZ THE NEW GT5000ZZZ WILL GET A 7.0 LITER WITH AWD, DCT, DRS, PUSH TO PASS, ENGINEBLOGK HEATERS, TIREW ARMERS, CARBON FIBER BREAKS, LOSS 600 POUNDS, AND COME WITH DRAG RADIALS THAT WORK IN RAIN AND CAN TURN!!! IT'S GOING TO COST 65000 BUT THATS OK LOL

Like seriously, guys. This is how you sound.

JR
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I just invented this game. Who wants to invest so I can buy my GT500 with a fusion based propulsion system producing 10,000lbs of thrust? Ford has a car named Fusion it would only make sense that it would have a Fusion based power plant. It's been an easter egg all of this time.

JUMP-TO-CONCLUSIONS-MAT.jpg

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
If this is what's going into the new halo stang, they're gonna need to beef it up some cuz a 664 lb/ft torque capacity ain't gonna cut it. Now if they were to put this in the GT350......:ford:
A lot of times those ratings are in a 10000lb gvwr vehicle. Says it's designed for sports cars, SUVs and diesel vehicles, so a rating like that likely applies to the highest gvwr producing the safest rating. Notice it has a 9000 rpm max input speed.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
A lot of times those ratings are in a 10000lb gvwr vehicle. Says it's designed for sports cars, SUVs and diesel vehicles, so a rating like that likely applies to the highest gvwr producing the safest rating. Notice it has a 9000 rpm max input speed.
That's right, now I remember a discussion on here a while back about that and how the ratings are based on the highest gvwr vehicle. :cheers:

Yeah I saw that 9000 rpm max input speed. :hail:

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
GM isn't making that car. It's a tuner car.

Shelby had a 1000 hp Mustang a few years back.
Dude, I'm well aware of the car and who puts it together... yes, SA built a 1000hp car, but the point is that 1k HP is looking like the new beast benchmark, while 800hp is becoming the factory baseline.

Ford needs to get its crap in order.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Not in GT500 trim.
You are probably wanting to follow the Mach threads. That is the dragstang.
This is the thing that's currently doing TT's head in! (hey, I'm starting to talk in the 3rd person.....the Pill's effect is working :headbonk: )

Are there TWO new cars coming? Could we get a new "GT500" AND a Mach 1? Or will the Mach 1 effectively be the new top dog?

I've long wanted the Mach 1 to be a 5.2 CPC n/a engine......and add turbos or a supercharger for "GT500".

Perhaps even better would be a supercharged 5.2 CPC as the Mach 1 AND a 5.2 CPC with turbos for a "GT500".

The possibilities are endless in TT's mind........what's on Ford Performance's mind is another matter. Just wish I had a crystal ball :D

:ford:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not in GT500 trim.
You are probably wanting to follow the Mach threads. That is the dragstang.
:doh:

You don't have to have a "dragstang" to have a car that can do two things in one package. The 13/14 GT500s had the ability to be a mean 1/4 car, and with a little help, could be a decent track car, but the heatsoak...

The same car be done with the new GT500 while allowing for better track capability with the independent rear and improved cooling. Turbos would be a better application as well.

I guess you didn't read my answer to the demon in a prior post but oh well. No worries...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah...I get what your saying ...throw something out there with range topping power. Thing is, if there is something I dislike about it, cosmetically I'm not going to purchase it. Who here can honestly say those fender flares on the demon are nice looking? It's hideous...and dumb. Spend all that time in making the car go fast AND street legal.....and dont build a wide body. Dumb... BUT they got it out there...and it's got power

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
IMO, Ford will not be baited into a HP war with the Demon. The next, if there is one at all, GT500 will be targeted at the ZL1 and HellCat. I don't believe Ford lawyers would ever allow a production drag car made for the street, which is what the Demon is. Its useless as anything else. And to anyone owning one, insuring one will take a load of cash. (yes I know Haggerty is the advertised insurer)

I personally don't see the GT350 and GT500 running parallel in the same model year. I see the GT500 replacing the 350 as a 19 or 20 MY. Its anyone's guess on engine choice. Ford is traditionally pretty conservative when it comes to HP ratings and their engine sizes for reasons of CARB and overall marketing to a wide array of target audiences, including Europe.

I don't see a 7.0 L NA, but could easily see a large displacement V6 TT (Ford has shown this to be the direction they are heading with all model lines). I am probably wrong, but these are just the opinions of someone who grew up with the original Mach l and BB Fords that will never return. I think horseshoeing a 7.0 L into the current platform would be a nightmare. And the heat soak issues with SC without significant improvements in intercoolers would be senseless. On top of all of this, I don't see Ford using the 5.2 L as the platform for a TT or SC package. Its just not a proven commodity yet in IMO.

Just food for thought ... have a great Easter everyone.
Sponsored

Last edited: