Trending on /r/cars: 2019 Shelby GT500 to receive Ford's new N/A 7.0L V8 w/ DI

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
DCT, was mentioned back when he said it would shift like a GT.
So, a DCT will be lightning quick.
Asked a while ago and looked but didn't see any specs on how much the GT's DCT weighed?
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
DCT, was mentioned back when he said it would shift like a GT.
So, a DCT will be lightning quick.
Asked a while ago and looked but didn't see any specs on how much the GT's DCT weighed?
I don't know if a DCT would really be that much quicker then the new A10. Seems like it wouldn't be worth the added cost. The A10 in the ZL1 sounds awesome, and since it was a joint venture I would expect the same here.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't know if a DCT would really be that much quicker then the new A10. Seems like it wouldn't be worth the added cost. The A10 in the ZL1 sounds awesome, and since it was a joint venture I would expect the same here.
It may not be MUCH quicker but every millisecond matters. I have the 10 speed in my truck. I like it but it's got dead spots too. Did you watch motorweeks zl1 review? The positioning of the gears don't make it optimal. They felt they were going into more gears than they needed to. 2nd 3rd 4th and sometimes 5th....which they didn't like. I think a DCT would do wonders for the car...and make it more exciting to drive.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
BmacIL aka 'BigMac' ;)..said AWD wouldn't fit.

Maybe he'll chime in on that again.
No way AWD fits without significantly raising the engine, as well as adding a transfer case and relocating the trans mount crossmember/beefier crossmember. Too much investment and weight for little return. I see four driven wheels coming in the S650 via hybridization.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Any truth to the rumor BmacIL that you've had to cut back your workload to 30 hours a week since you got entangled with us high maintenance types here?

:p
Let me know where to send the bill :lol:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I bet Dodge will sell ALL 3,000 of the Demons and each owner will be happy as hell to pay the guzzler tax.
Well maybe not happy about the GG tax, but I agree people will be happy to own one. :)

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
For what it's worth, Tremec recently announced a brand new DCT unit. I can't really see them just creating that on spec, they must have been working with a customer in mind, so my assumption is that it's either going into the Mustang or the next-gen Corvette.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
No way AWD fits without significantly raising the engine, as well as adding a transfer case and relocating the trans mount crossmember/beefier crossmember. Too much investment and weight for little return. I see four driven wheels coming in the S650 via hybridization.
Well that answers that question! So I'm going to guess there will be a DCT option.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
For what it's worth, Tremec recently announced a brand new DCT unit. I can't really see them just creating that on spec, they must have been working with a customer in mind, so my assumption is that it's either going into the Mustang or the next-gen Corvette.
If this is what's going into the new halo stang, they're gonna need to beef it up some cuz a 664 lb/ft torque capacity ain't gonna cut it. Now if they were to put this in the GT350......:ford:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
It is not about what is quicker, but which one suits the engine, & demeanor of the car best.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
It is not about what is quicker, but which one suits the engine, & demeanor of the car best.
I'm not saying I don't want the DCT, I'm just surprised they're willing to spend the extra money on that instead of using the A10. If you had the choice of a DCT and 50 pounds of weight loss or the A10 and 150 pounds weight loss where would you rather have the money go? Now maybe they are going all out and doing a DCT and 150+ pounds of weight loss, that would be something.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
OMG GUYS I HEARDZ THE NEW GT5000ZZZ WILL GET A 7.0 LITER WITH AWD, DCT, DRS, PUSH TO PASS, ENGINEBLOGK HEATERS, TIREW ARMERS, CARBON FIBER BREAKS, LOSS 600 POUNDS, AND COME WITH DRAG RADIALS THAT WORK IN RAIN AND CAN TURN!!! IT'S GOING TO COST 65000 BUT THATS OK LOL

Like seriously, guys. This is how you sound.

JR
Sponsored