Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is not concerned about the Demon, they will build a fast well rounded gt-500 car that is fun and fast everywhere not just the 1/4 mile!!
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thats right, you just need a crazy fun car. It doesn't need 800 HP, in fact 755 would probably be the sweet spot if its 3900 lbs. Lets get this thing in here. So far its a 2019 vehicle, unless they somehow drop a letter to dealers soon for the program. My guess is that it will be dropped at the end of the year and will be built spring of next year for 2019MY

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
In really life the Demon is 808 hp. You have to change tune and use 100 octane to see 840 hp. I guess you could keep the tune and spend the dough to keep a tank full of race gas. Doesn't interest me! Not to say that 808 is not impressive just that is more the HP number to look at! You take a Demon add the seats back( because you got friends) add the radio back ( cause you like road tunes) add the sunroof back ( not sure on that one) and you have a super heavy 808 hp real car. Apples to apples! I would rather Ford build a real all around car than go after ultimate HP!

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
:cheers::lol::ford:now FORD should drop the hammer and release a 875hp v-8 bomb!!screw the v-6 turbos and the AWD crap!!

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
This is the thing that's currently doing TT's head in! (hey, I'm starting to talk in the 3rd person.....the Pill's effect is working :headbonk: )

Are there TWO new cars coming? Could we get a new "GT500" AND a Mach 1? Or will the Mach 1 effectively be the new top dog?

I've long wanted the Mach 1 to be a 5.2 CPC n/a engine......and add turbos or a supercharger for "GT500".

Perhaps even better would be a supercharged 5.2 CPC as the Mach 1 AND a 5.2 CPC with turbos for a "GT500".

The possibilities are endless in TT's mind........what's on Ford Performance's mind is another matter. Just wish I had a crystal ball :D

:ford:

I think Ford Motor Company might release the bullitt, while Ford Performance Racing (FPR) will release their Mach2 & GT600.

:ford:​

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think Ford Motor Company might release the bullitt, while Ford Performance Racing (FPR) will release their Mach2 & GT600.

:ford:​
So did Ford Performance change their name again? I keep seeing you post FPR.

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
So did Ford Performance change their name again? I keep seeing you post FPR.
They didn't change their name. Check out their home page. Maybe Ford Performance Racing is a department within Ford Performance? Or he just has it wrong. :D

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
They didn't change their name. Check out their home page. Maybe Ford Performance Racing is a department within Ford Performance? Or he just has it wrong. :D
Ford Performance Racing is the new name for what was Ford Racing. Ford Performance is the combination of the former SVT (road vehicle development), Team RS (road vehicle development), Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP, selling individual components and kits), and Ford Racing (marketing, sponsorship, factory motorsports support).

FRPP is now technically Ford Performance Parts, even though sometimes you still see the FRPP abbreviation used.

Sponsored

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Thats right, you just need a crazy fun car. It doesn't need 800 HP, in fact 755 would probably be the sweet spot if its 3900 lbs. Lets get this thing in here. So far its a 2019 vehicle, unless they somehow drop a letter to dealers soon for the program. My guess is that it will be dropped at the end of the year and will be built spring of next year for 2019MY
Well user Go Time did post this in another thread a while back...

* It will be a MY2019
* You will see it first at the 2018 NAIAS
* Will go on sale in the summer of 2018
* Will not be a TT
* Will have a larger fixed wing on the back that you have seen in pictures
* Will beat the current GT350 around the track
* Will be an absolute monster

OP
OP

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
Well user Go Time did post this in another thread a while back...
Sounds good except for the fixed wing part. Still not sure why it's such a craze, even the ACR Extreme is barely forgivable in my opinion.

I like the idea of a discreet duck tail/molded type wing with some sneaky active aero tricks. Something that adds to the body lines of the rear.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ford Performance Racing is the new name for what was Ford Racing. Ford Performance is the combination of the former SVT (road vehicle development), Team RS (road vehicle development), Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP, selling individual components and kits), and Ford Racing (marketing, sponsorship, factory motorsports support).

FRPP is now technically Ford Performance Parts, even though sometimes you still see the FRPP abbreviation used.
Yes everything was put under Ford Performance. But you're saying they changed the name again? Or changed the name of an internal department? I am unable to find the name Ford Performance Racing. I want to start using the correct term. Just need to read it officially before I start repeating it. Got a link? Thanks, sorry to get off topic onto something that doesn't really matter.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I like the wing but would be nice to make it a option, not within a full package!

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
All Ford needs to do is add two cylinders and make the 3.5 TT a V-8.
A 4.7 liter V-8 that makes 865hp on 91-93 octane.
Or build a Ecoboost Style Voodoo based 5.2 engine.
Sponsored