Sponsored

Anyone running a true square (width+offset) setup?

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
For 305/xx I know I'd go straight to 11.5".

305's on 11's is going to be more similar to the 265's on 9.5's that make up my street setup. The track day set is 285's on 11's, and is better behaved at the 0.9-ish g level than the softer-handling 265 set is down in the low 0.8's. Tires in both sets are MPSS, and even the tread widths are advertised to be the same.

On edit, I consider the appearance matter of 'flushness' irrelevant.

Norm
My thinking (no experience yet) is the OE R setup is 305 on an 11" rim. This is doesn't work for you?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'm running 7mm / 15mm RSS spacers on my 997S - and have put over 40,000 miles on them - much of that at speeds of 135 mph+ for extended periods (sometimes hours)

My 997S isn't tracked but if I were to track, this is a danger?
One poster decided to jump in and dump without knowledge and experience; or so it seems. Running on track with a proper spacer setup is well established at the pro, club and track day level. As with anything under track stress conditions, heat cycling and other material fatigue, things can fail and break. But, there's no inherent failure structure with a proper spacer. Regularly inspect your equipment and have fun.

As with anything of this nature, do your research and make some choices.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
My thinking (no experience yet) is the OE R setup is 305 on an 11" rim. This is doesn't work for you?

Thanks
Only if I already had the 11's, and even then it would be with the understanding that I was going to be leaving a little on the table. Or, I suppose, if I was prepping to run in some class that had a rule on wheel width limiting me to 11's.

Every time I've put tires on wheels out at "max recommended width", I've gained response and precision, and every time I've put wider tires on the same rims I've given something back in those areas.

11" was Ford's compromise point. Doesn't have to be mine.

Norm

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wouldn't really call 305s on an 11" rim a compromise.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
All wheel widths are compromises . . . there is no such thing as a single width that can optimize every tire property. "Measuring width" seems to be the "jack of all trades/master of none" point on the wheel width spectrum (perhaps why mfrs tend to choose it over max or min width).

Norm

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Does anybody have a photo of how 19x11 with 50 and 55 offset would look like in the back (with 305s)?

Would a 19x11 50 offset with a 20mm spacer in front (effectively 30mm offset then) work with the stock studs in front?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Does anybody have a photo of how 19x11 with 50 and 55 offset would look like in the back (with 305s)?

Would a 19x11 50 offset with a 20mm spacer in front (effectively 30mm offset then) work with the stock studs in front?
The stock studs are good for maybe a 5mm spacer.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agreed, no way any stock stud will be good for more than a few MM

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
I dont see any enkeis that are wide enough and have a high enough offset for the rear. Are they custom ordered or am i missing something?
Haven't seen (or looked for) and Enkei in the proper size or bolt pattern. Plenty of experience with Kosei and Apex at a similar price point. Very well made and durable wheels.
I have no idea if Enkei has anything, just looking for the equivalent halfway good looking decent quality wheel that's reasonable enough cost-wise not to worry about beating on with an impact wrench. I settled on PF01's for the S197 car as have many others. And I'm not taking anything away from the beautiful wheels offered by vendors here at all, just would prefer not to have $3k in track wheels. So I'm waiting for y'all to tell me what works and pics to prove it :D I'll look into the suggested brands ...

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I have no idea if Enkei has anything, just looking for the equivalent halfway good looking decent quality wheel that's reasonable enough cost-wise not to worry about beating on with an impact wrench. I settled on PF01's for the S197 car as have many others. And I'm not taking anything away from the beautiful wheels offered by vendors here at all, just would prefer not to have $3k in track wheels. So I'm waiting for y'all to tell me what works and pics to prove it :D I'll look into the suggested brands ...
APEX all day long.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I couldn't find anything from Enkei and I talked to my local performance tire shop and the about pooped their pants when I gave them wheel measurements. I'm ordering Forgestar CF5V's in about a week.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Ok. Maybe ill scratch the idea of a square setup fully, or I will just bit the bullet and modify the studs as suggested in front....

Thanks for clearing that up :)

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The stock studs are good for maybe a 5mm spacer.
Are there other options for an ARP or an ARP-quality level stud shorter than 3"?

One of my reasons for starting this thread was to explore the option of running a spacer up front to allow for an identical offset setup to allow a full tire rotation option. But, I would prefer to swap out the factory studs in any case, and for those who run a stock offset configuration, 3" studs may be a bit much.

I'll admit I haven't searched for anything less than 3" at this point.

Thanks.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Im wondering what would work as a midground solution. Using a 25mm spacer - thats just under an inch already. An inch in the wheels, + half an inch for the lug nuts? Give or take 2.5"? Still and additional inch if you use the stock fronts....

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
APEX all day long.
Nothing against any other manufacturer, but I'd be into a set of Apex wheels for the GT350 today if they were available.

There's a thread or two about an Apex survey for s550 fitments, and some of us GT350 owners have requested GT350 fitment options. I recently responded to a question from Apex about why I was interested in a 19" option vs. a lighter and quicker 18" inch option. I was a bit surprised at the question but was happy to quickly answer that its about the brake calipers: 19s are required to clear those monster front calipers, right?

I don't read anything into the contact other than Apex is exploring the market and is researching some moves.
Sponsored