Sponsored

Anyone running a true square (width+offset) setup?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Thanks. That's a great price for a fully forged wheel; I'll put some questions to Paul.

Was there a reason you didn't opt for a full square setup?
Didn't change rim widths because running SCCA AS class. They do allow up to 7mm change in offset so took advantage of that. Tire will be 305/30 around.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No no, from a fitment point of view, an 11" wide wheel at +55 sits in the exact same position as an 11.5" at +62. If you put an 11" at +50, then it is actually 5-6mm further outwards than the stock R setup.
You are correct, my bad. I know the 19x11+50 was a common size for the 6GRs, must have been to get the fronts to match the R with a 25mm spacer.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
What tires are you running? I'm going to mount a set of PS2s to start.
I'm running PSC2s....they are phenominal. I ran them on the 6Gr wheels last year. I'm going with the Forgestars now because barrel clearance was too tight for my liking on the 6Grs and they ended up being heavier than anticipated. I will probably make them my street wheel.

Last edited:

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Like these? A member here is running them fine with a few track days under the belt on this GT350 with a 19x11+50 square setup

Those look nice. What's the source?

I would not hesitate to run a spacer as long as I have adequate thread engagement. Just walk thru the pits at a track event. They are everywhere and I have never seen a problem in over 10 years of running them.

Isn't there an Enkei type wheel that's available for $275-400 that works for a good track wheel? I've bought a bunch for of 18x9.5 for $225-275 each as race wheels. Thrown away a lot more of bent ones too but others aren't as hard on them don't even bend the low cost enkeis.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
There appears to be some mis-information for some of the members who posted on this thread.

1. Extended studs with hub (and wheel if over 12mm) concentric spacers are completely safe and you will find spacers on pretty much every professional road racing car in the pits.

2. The Shelby only shares the rear hubs with the S550 Mustang. The Front hubs if you order the "R" hub for the front it will have extended length studs but they are only production car strength. Shelby Specific Extended Hub kits are not available for the Shelby (front) from Ford Racing.

3. We offer spacers HERE and ARP 14mm Extended Studs (have for quite some time) in two lengths HERE

4. We are looking into building Shelby Specific Hub Kits similar to the ones we build for the S550 with New Ford OEM Hubs and 14mm ARP Studs in either length with all the hardware to do the swap. We can build any combination of hub and stud as well as spacers in any dimension.
8mm front.jpg
15mm front.jpg
25mm.jpg
650 Cap Front.jpg
15577906_10208003862355031_2835135340603840461_o.jpg
ARP 14mm.jpg

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

I would not hesitate to run a spacer as long as I have adequate thread engagement. Just walk thru the pits at a track event. They are everywhere and I have never seen a problem in over 10 years of running them.

Isn't there an Enkei type wheel that's available for $275-400 that works for a good track wheel? I've bought a bunch for of 18x9.5 for $225-275 each as race wheels. Thrown away a lot more of bent ones too but others aren't as hard on them don't even bend the low cost enkeis.
I believe the owner of those spacers was the first one to get the 14mm ARP's.

Enkei wheels have been know to experience cycle failures on Mustangs running slicks. Seeing that some of the OEM rubber coming on some of the Shelby's might as well be a damp slick I would go with a truly forged wheel if expecting to do a lot of track time. The load the new chassis is capable of placing on wheels is impressive. Flow formed wheels are typically strong but they are still basically a cast wheel whose strength comes from the roll forming. If you fold a piece of metal enough times in the same spot it eventually fails.

To be clear, no issue here with roll formed wheels, they have been used for years on Mustangs with slicks. They do not take to bending as well as a forged wheel.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I'm running 7mm / 15mm RSS spacers on my 997S - and have put over 40,000 miles on them - much of that at speeds of 135 mph+ for extended periods (sometimes hours)

My 997S isn't tracked but if I were to track, this is a danger?

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
I believe the owner of those spacers was the first one to get the 14mm ARP's.

Enkei wheels have been know to experience cycle failures on Mustangs running slicks. Seeing that some of the OEM rubber coming on some of the Shelby's might as well be a damp slick I would go with a truly forged wheel if expecting to do a lot of track time. The load the new chassis is capable of placing on wheels is impressive. Flow formed wheels are typically strong but they are still basically a cast wheel whose strength comes from the roll forming. If you fold a piece of metal enough times in the same spot it eventually fails.

To be clear, no issue here with roll formed wheels, they have been used for years on Mustangs with slicks. They do not take to bending as well as a forged wheel.
I have run nothing but Enkies over the last 5 seasons of running a 3,600-3,700 lb car on Toyo RR's, etc. No cracks yet. I have bent a few from harder hits or car contact. I have also seen a cracked spoke on another car so I'm not going to say it doesn't happen. Never known of a catastrophic failure and a lot of racers run them because you need several sets of wheels. But, not everyone can afford $1,000 wheels and for a track wheel you can beat up and leave covered in brake dust, I'm thinking they are about perfect in my experience. Importantly, The enkeis are very Light and still say Japan on them. I just would not hang my life on a Chinese wheel at speed in turn 17. Can't do it.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm planning on running a 305/30 square setup, and sticking with 11". That's not written in stone and is one of the purposes of this thread. I do think that 11 up front is plenty of wheel and tire.
For 305/xx I know I'd go straight to 11.5".

305's on 11's is going to be more similar to the 265's on 9.5's that make up my street setup. The track day set is 285's on 11's, and is better behaved at the 0.9-ish g level than the softer-handling 265 set is down in the low 0.8's. Tires in both sets are MPSS, and even the tread widths are advertised to be the same.

On edit, I consider the appearance matter of 'flushness' irrelevant.

Norm

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The sweet spot for this car would be a 19x11 with a 50 or 55 offset.

With a 55 up front with the 25mm spacer it would look pretty good as the wheel would be pushed out 6mm more than a stock non r 350 wheel.

You could also easily run a 295,305 and 315 square.

I would not recommend a 11.5 square as you'll have some poke in the rear and you'd be limited to certain tires that have a rounded edge like the Michelins which enable them to tuck under compression.

Also this misinformation on spacers is a joke. There are hundreds if not thousands of drivers who run 25mm spacers for time attack and other racing events.

The GTR link is total bogus since it's using this have size nuts with maybe 5mm of material getting all of the tightening force.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-25mm-spacers-2015.html

Above is a good example of what you want. It's hubcentric so it has extra support and uses stock style lug nuts to clamp onto the hub assembly.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Didn't change rim widths because running SCCA AS class. They do allow up to 7mm change in offset so took advantage of that. Tire will be 305/30 around.
So you could technically get a 19X10.5 and run that on all for corners with a 305 tire and stay within AS stock rules right.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I have run nothing but Enkies over the last 5 seasons of running a 3,600-3,700 lb car on Toyo RR's, etc. No cracks yet. I have bent a few from harder hits or car contact. I have also seen a cracked spoke on another car so I'm not going to say it doesn't happen. Never known of a catastrophic failure and a lot of racers run them because you need several sets of wheels. But, not everyone can afford $1,000 wheels and for a track wheel you can beat up and leave covered in brake dust, I'm thinking they are about perfect in my experience. Importantly, The enkeis are very Light and still say Japan on them. I just would not hang my life on a Chinese wheel at speed in turn 17. Can't do it.
I dont see any enkeis that are wide enough and have a high enough offset for the rear. Are they custom ordered or am i missing something?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

Haven't seen (or looked for) and Enkei in the proper size or bolt pattern. Plenty of experience with Kosei and Apex at a similar price point. Very well made and durable wheels.
Sponsored