Sponsored

Zito ZF02 19x9,5" squared will fit in front?

akmon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Good afternoon from Spain. Sorry for my English as it´s not my native languaje.

Above all, much encouragement and strength to win the battle against this terrible COVID bug that has seeped into all countries. We are spending really hard days inside the house without being able to leave.

I introduce myself. It is my first message. I am a proud owner of a 2016 Mustang GT. Although they are now sold in Europe, it is still an exotic car here, and I love having it. It is so special, and more so here in Europe, so different from European cars.

By the time this nightmare is all over, I'm looking to change the OEM wheels my car brings. Due to the technical inspection restrictions of vehicles in Spain I cannot put the magnificent wheels that are seen in this forum. I have to adapt to the restrictions, and I have to give up wheels as beautiful as Project 6GR Seven, which do not come here, excepting importing with taxes, customs etc.

Still, the model that is finally going to be chosen I think it will be quite good: Zito ZF02 19x9.5 "ET40 mm Gunmetal. I want to keep, for the moment, the same tires that I have, 255/40/19 front and 275/40 / 19 behind.
Here comes my doubt.
I want to put this wheel both behind and in front. On a first look I thought I will have no problems, but I saw in some forum that a 1/4 "spacer would be necessary. From my calculations I thought that the spacer would not be necessary, since the ET40, smaller than the ET45 of origin, causes the rim to protrude outwards but would not affect the struts.
Do you think that with this configuration it will be necessary to put separators? I would try to avoid them.
Do you know if any of you have this wheel to know if it rubs with the brake caliper?
Thank you very much for your kind help.
Mucho ánimo y fuerza desde España.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
ET40 is centered 5mm farther outboard, yes. But the wheel is also wider than your stock wheel, so that eats back into your inside wheel to strut clearance by half of the difference in widths.

It should be fine tho, and you could run your current tires or upgrade to a 275 in the front too and gain the ability to rotate wheels to any corner of the car.

if you like the Project6Gr look at the SVE R350 wheels, they’re similar 7-spoke designs.

OP
OP

akmon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
ET40 is centered 5mm farther outboard, yes. But the wheel is also wider than your stock wheel, so that eats back into your inside wheel to strut clearance by half of the difference in widths.

It should be fine tho, and you could run your current tires or upgrade to a 275 in the front too and gain the ability to rotate wheels to any corner of the car.

if you like the Project6Gr look at the SVE R350 wheels, they’re similar 7-spoke designs.
Thank you very much for your information. As I read you I think my calculus are correct. I used a simulator and if it´s correct, the strut clearance is almos the same, I suppose that there will be no problem when swapping 255-> 275 tyres.

Thank you for the SVE information, I like them but the same problem: they don´t bring them to Europe :-(

ZHjh36Z.jpg

OP
OP

akmon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT

Sorry for disturbing you again, but I want to be sure before emptying my wallet: I´ve checked that have been people who mounted a front design 20x9" ET40 model in front with no issue. So considering that size, do you thing that consecuently a rear 19x9,5" ET40 will fit in front with enough break clearance? Or as I´m using the rear design in front the concavity will vary and it cannot be compared? I asked the supplier and nobody mounted a 19x9,5 in front (in USA the squared concept is much more extended), but he said that should fit, but no warranty of money refund. Thank you again.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for disturbing you again, but I want to be sure before emptying my wallet: I´ve checked that have been people who mounted a front design 20x9" ET40 model in front with no issue. So considering that size, do you thing that consecuently a rear 19x9,5" ET40 will fit in front with enough break clearance? Or as I´m using the rear design in front the concavity will vary and it cannot be compared? I asked the supplier and nobody mounted a 19x9,5 in front (in USA the squared concept is much more extended), but he said that should fit, but no warranty of money refund. Thank you again.
Sorry for the late response.

Yeah those probably would fit. The 19x9.5 ET 40 barrels would very conservatively placed in the front wheelwell and the face design doesn't _seem_ like it would prevent any challenges for brake clearance. I'd think they'd be very very likely to fit just fine.

Now, I haven't seen those wheels in person and don't know much about them, and it's your money and risk. That said, its probably a pretty safe bet.

OP
OP

akmon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Sorry for the late response.

Yeah those probably would fit. The 19x9.5 ET 40 barrels would very conservatively placed in the front wheelwell and the face design doesn't _seem_ like it would prevent any challenges for brake clearance. I'd think they'd be very very likely to fit just fine.

Now, I haven't seen those wheels in person and don't know much about them, and it's your money and risk. That said, its probably a pretty safe bet.
Thank you very much again. So by your opinion, the probability of fitting well is not 100% but almost.
Let me think about it, but now as some folks say, they´re questioning me if a squared setup is the best option considering my mileage. Perhaps I´ll open a thread to be more accurate. Stay tuned if you want to participate.
Sponsored