Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Anybody going to the youtubers event at gateway classic motors in west deptfurd NJ on March 30.
Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Would not expect you to come to NJ from IL. Not sure why going to an event with a lot of other people that enjoy mustangs is a lol.
Maybe you or you car are just too cool to share the hobby with others. Some body watches them they have hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Would not expect you to come to NJ from IL. Not sure why going to an event with a lot of other people that enjoy mustangs is a lol.
Maybe you or you car are just too cool to share the hobby with others. Some body watches them they have hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
Even if I lived in NJ, I'm not interested in going to an event that is meant to showcase youtube stars. There's plenty of events with a lot of other people that enjoys mustangs. Is my car or I too cool to share the hobby with others? Of course not. Is my car or I too cool to help promote and publicize a bunch of whiny youtubers who gain their fame through clickbait and 10 minutes of fluffy, pointless videos? Yup.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Even if I lived in NJ, I'm not interested in going to an event that is meant to showcase youtube stars. There's plenty of events with a lot of other people that enjoys mustangs. Is my car or I too cool to share the hobby with others? Of course not. Is my car or I too cool to help promote and publicize a bunch of whiny youtubers who gain their fame through clickbait and 10 minutes of fluffy, pointless videos? Yup.
Well your showing your ignorance. I guess the old saying if you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't. The people that will be there don't whine and I have never seen any clickbait and the majority of the videos show how to install mods and how they perform. But again you probably know all there is to know about all the mods and how they perform just like you know all there is to know about the people at the event. I will aspire to get to your level. Owning, racing and moding 12 mustangs over the last 39 years and I am still learning everyday sometimes with the help of YouTube videos. Oh I forgot lol.

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Anybody going to the youtubers event at gateway classic motors in west deptfurd NJ on March 30.
No offense but you couldn't pay me to go to NJ...EVER. Can't you just watch it on Youtube on about 10 different channels?

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I don't plan on going to the YouTube event. I will, however, make a video titled: 10 REASONS WHY I DIDN'T GO TO THE YOUTUBE CAR MEET. It will be a 10min video of me sitting on the toilet explaining why I chose white paint for my garage wall, 10 sec of video of my Mustang, and the last 30 seconds of the video will be saying that the event is too damn far and I have a job and a life.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Not sure what all the cutesy 14 year old answers are about. YouTube is not what it's about. How about it is spring cars have been sitting all winter and here is an opportunity to drive your car and be at an event about mustangs. Don't really expect anybody but locals to the event to go.I feel like I'm talking to beavis and butthead

Last edited:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Not sure what all the cutesy 14 year old answers are about. YouTube is not what it's about. How about it is spring cars have been sitting all winter and her is an opportunity to drive your car and be at an event about mustangs. Don't really expect anybody but locals to the event to go.I feel like I'm talking to beavis and butthead
Dude... you're kidding yourself if you don't think any successful youtube channel isn't filled with clickbait. Youtube literally has its whole system around promoting clickbait titles that, more than not, contain a thumbnail not relevant to the video and/or a title that is exaggerated to the point where it's bordering being a straight up lie. The other posters here reinforce what I've been saying. Youtubers leave a sour taste in a lot of member's mouths. Then you have the cowbell wearing fan base behind every channel and it's just cringe worthy. Have all of that in the same place, in person? Yeah, no thanks. Many of us want to avoid events that have a fair chance of having a Mustang blow its engine or smack a curb, because it's being driven by some knob head with a checking account.

I will aspire to get to your level. Owning, racing and moding 12 mustangs over the last 39 years and I am still learning everyday sometimes with the help of YouTube videos. Oh I forgot lol.
Please do, because my level isn't insulting other members who are just expressing their opinion about an event that you gain nothing from defending, nor lose anything when it's insulted. I'm glad you're still learning and admitting to doing so. The last time someone came at me with "40+ years of Ford tech experience," it was followed by the same individual telling me there's nothing wrong with my car and to be on my way. Two weeks later it's getting a new long block because of an out of spec camshaft and a fried head. If only he shared the same mindset.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow you sure do have some kind a hard on for YouTube. The posters I'm talking about are nothing like you describe. Again the YouTube part was minimal to my question. I was just seeing if anybody was going to an event for Mustangs not sure why you think people are gonna blow engines or hit curbs. Your issues run deep. I'm going to bow out of this one and say you won. You are a YouTube expert and I have been schooled. Thank you

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Don't forget to click that subscribe button!!!

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am amazed at the you tube hate. The guys putting on the event show videos of mods and how they work no more no less. I really don't care who is putting on the event just wanted to drive my car and look at and talk to some mustang guys no more no less. Plus the dealer where it is being held has one of the best collection of specialty and collector cars in the area. Always amazed at how some members on forums always have to make other members look stupid and less knowledgable then they are. Again the emphasis was on a mustang event at a cool place not really YouTube. I know some good guys with nice cars going to share the hobby. Simple no more no less.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
In before this thread is locked. LoL

Let me explain why people on this forum don't like to talk about YouTube. I can even sum it up in 1 word.

SPAM

People who make videos on YouTube come to this forum and post embedded YouTube videos that feel like more of a commercial than informative.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I think I can sum up the general consensus as well..
do_not_want8.jpg
Sponsored