Sponsored

Your tuner tells you to...

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
My tuner advised me to disconnect my boost reference, because the fuel trims look better with it disconnected, but I don't want unnecessary pressure across the injectors at low rpm. How bad is the stress on the injectors while running a fuel system w/o a reference???
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That's how Lund tunes my Sai Li system. Been on there for a while with no issues

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Do as your tuner says.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Except for the member who did this with Lund and had leaning out issues. Then switched timers and to a boost ref and is now perfect.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea my sail la kit leaned out up top with no boost reference,and I got some knock down in the low rpm from having to high of fuel pressure.Your tuner should be able to get your trims set right even with a boost reference.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Yea my sail la kit leaned out up top with no boost reference,and I got some knock down in the low rpm from having to high of fuel pressure.Your tuner should be able to get your trims set right even with a boost reference.
14 psi, no boost reference, trims are spot on. But I took the time to take my car to my tuner and get to know him personally. I talked around to many people who he has tuned to get a feel for him. I talked to him on the phone before I ever sent him a dime and picked his brain. In my opinion it is easier to driver 6 hours to get dyno tuned in person rather than do remote tuning. I understand this is not an option for everybody based on location, work schedule, etc but in my opinion I think that leads to some issues individuals have. I can also see where communication can be an issue if one person in the party is not explicit in there instructions. I.E. if someone told you to hook a piece of vacuum hose up the pressure regulator and you did not know it had to see positive pressure. I have seen people with PD blowers with their FPR hooked into the intake before the TB. Were they misinformed or did they not understand the instructions.

There is alot of money in tuning and the video Alex put up hits on some of the points. Do what your tuner tells you to do. You have a working relationship with him and he is asking you to do this and adjusting the tune accordingly.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I’ve seen Lund tune cars both ways. Boost ref and not.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
You can do it either way.

Just depends on how you set up the tune, and the injector info and FP slopes.

But if you do have it referenced, it makes your injectors support more HP.
(as long as your pumps are happy at the elevated pressure)

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Thanks for the replies fellas!
Sponsored