Sponsored

Yes females drive mustangs, you need to . . . educate yourself

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
Instead of constantly asking my husband what new posts he made to the forum I just decided to join. 😃 Mostly because I noticed people on this forum are friendly and helpful, also because I think my husband failed to appreciate the wife looking over the shoulder feature I was bringing to his postings. I never owned a sports car before, yet driving the 2019 mustang GT immediately felt correct. We (husband and I) decided to factory order her with that money velocity blue. Lets see, some items I want and have been wanting to address. To the dude who said "wow, I did not know chics drive muscle cars", I will have to assume you were going to bad mouth me for not letting you get in front of me, saw I was a female, and blurted the first blither blunder of thoughts that came to you mind: I hope you listened to my response when I said Yes females drive mustangs, you need to . . . educate yourself. I also need to comment on the muscle car description, maybe I shouldn't put too much weight on the comment, but dude, the mustang is a sports car, its an American sports car. Wow, I actually feel a little better now. And, by the by, there are, admittedly fewer female mustang drivers on the road, but when I see 'em, we give the nod or thumbs up just like any other loyal fan.

I truly enjoy the elegance and power my 10 speed auto puts down, we subscribe to the seasonal tires way of thinking, and I daily drive. I am looking to mod to a turbo setup in the future. At the same time, I don't know much about cars, their engines, and basically any of the inner workings, physics or coefficient of static when assessing the triangular wrench data. Well that's basically how my husband and most of you sound to me when talking automotive. I will learn.. the more I drive the more I appreciate the 10 speed auto. I know auto v manual is hot and contested issue on this forum. All I can say is, being a good driver and enjoying your car requires knowing your car, the road, the other drivers-estimating what that car will do who isn't blinking but obviously is making a lane change. The art of driving, like any art, is as good as the artist. Anyone who says an auto driver can't "feel" their mustang (can only speak to gen 3 coyote) well, I guess they haven't wanted to.

Anyway, yes this is a long post, just wanted to get some things off my mind. I look forward to learning more about my car and adding to the forum- or just reading helpful threads.
Sponsored

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Mustangs were originally marketed to working females, and not as muscle cars In fact the print ads at the time were 100% focused on providing an alternative to the boring "masculine" sedans of the time. Welcome!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
LMAO welcome ... great intro, got the right stuff .

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
The guys who didn't think women didn't or don't drive muscle cars apparently never heard of John Force racing. Anyway, my wife enjoys the horsepower when driving my car. However, she prefers her Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Velocity 5.0L

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2019 Mustang GT
Welcome! Yay another Velocity Blue member! :party:

Also it's mandatory (not really but you should) to post pictures of your car (especially being in the velocity blue gang :crackup: )

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I usually just see women driving V6 convertibles. BTW, Mustangs are pony cars.

OP
OP
Blithe16

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
Mustangs were originally marketed to working females, and not as muscle cars In fact the print ads at the time were 100% focused on providing an alternative to the boring "masculine" sedans of the time. Welcome!
Interesting info! Thanks.

Welcome mustang fan.
Thanks!

Hey fellow female!

The guys who didn't think women didn't or don't drive muscle cars apparently never heard of John Force racing. Anyway, my wife enjoys the horsepower when driving my car. However, she prefers her Jeep Grand Cherokee.
I just looked up John Force, nice to see. I think I've seen the female racers in passing but never knew from where. Thanks!

Welcome! Yay another Velocity Blue member! :party:

Also it's mandatory (not really but you should) to post pictures of your car (especially being in the velocity blue gang :crackup: )
For sure, once I find the pic to share I will post!

I usually just see women driving V6 convertibles. BTW, Mustangs are pony cars.
Ha. Don't think I've met them yet.
Semantics, maybe. . however thanks for the added lingo, just had a nice conversation about the difference between a sports car and a pony car.

Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome. I'm not shocked at all, I personally know 3 women that drive S550 GT's.
One being my ex wife.
My current and hopefully last wife had a Challenger SRT but is looking to get a 2021 GT of her own.
Some guys like fast cars, others like hot women. I tend to like hot women with fast cars.

OP
OP
Blithe16

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
Welcome. I'm not shocked at all, I personally know 3 women that drive S550 GT's.
One being my ex wife.
My current and hopefully last wife had a Challenger SRT but is looking to get a 2021 GT of her own.
Some guys like fast cars, others like hot women. I tend to like hot women with fast cars.
Got taste clearly

OP
OP
Blithe16

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
Okay. So. I do not have a picture of her outside at the moment, however, I posted a pic I took when my husband and I were driving down the east coast and well... you can see its a mustang if you squint.

20190825_065822.jpg

Velocity 5.0L

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2019 Mustang GT
I remember last summer I was driving to the store with my dad in my mustang, we both noticed two ladies sitting in a black 2018/19 mustang GT together while sitting at an intersection across from us. I always wave hello to fellow mustang drivers and when the light turned green and we crossed paths, I looked over and gave a big smile and waved to them, I've never in my life seen such happiness in return from being waved to, it was so awesome 🤓