XS D4700 in a 2018 Mustang

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I think there are two posts you can buy. One might be taller. I bought the ones recommended in the thread I read here.
I installed the D4700 with the short post and it does not fit with the battery cover on. The hood bows up.

But the D4700 did fit in your GT350 box with zero modifications?
Sponsored

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I installed the D4700 with the short post and it does not fit with the battery cover on. The hood bows up.

But the D4700 did fit in your GT350 box with zero modifications?
no issues here. I have a 2017 GT350.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If the battery cover doesn’t sit flush then I wouldn’t say it “fits”. By that metric I could throw in an Optima Red top and say it “fits”

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I run this XS4700 in my 19' Bullitt. No issues. Battery cover sits taller. Thats all.

First image scrolls, it's 11 bad pics. Lmfao
Yeah....it is bowing the hood when I full close it. Now contemplating options because I cannot return the battery. Modifying the battery box which I don't want to do. Modifying the battery cover which will defeat the purpose I think. But removing the high point on the cover and then covering the gap that creates may work.

I took the battery out and inspected the bottom to ensure there was not anything preventing the battery from being fully seated and all looked good.

I didn't see that the battery fits in the GT and not the GT350. But badhabit says his fits with no issues. And Duece, yours is the regular GT hood if I'm not mistaken.

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Yeah....it is bowing the hood when I full close it. Now contemplating options because I cannot return the battery. Modifying the battery box which I don't want to do. Modifying the battery cover which will defeat the purpose I think. But removing the high point on the cover and then covering the gap that creates may work.

I took the battery out and inspected the bottom to ensure there was not anything preventing the battery from being fully seated and all looked good.

I didn't see that the battery fits in the GT and not the GT350. But badhabit says his fits with no issues. And Duece, yours is the regular GT hood if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, im a regular hood. Sucks man!