Sponsored

Wrong Oil?

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
I usually do my own oil changes, but due to some personal issues, I had to take my EB to a oil change place.

They put my mileage in wrong, as 75,000 instead of 7500 and a Valvoline MaxLife came up. It is a semi-synthetic blend.

I looked up the oil, and it is for high mileage cars!! Grr. The website says it helps older cars repair seals and leaks, but it also says you can use it on new cars and keep the seals new.

Should I replace this oil or do you guys think it is okay?

From the website: http://www.valvoline.com/our-products/motor-oil/max-life
Valvoline MaxLife™ is specially designed to fight the four major causes of engine breakdown: leaks, deposits, friction and sludge. Through its advanced synthetic blend formulation, it supplies boosted wear protection, special seal conditioners, added detergents and anti-oxidant additives that help to maximize the life of an engine. Specially formulated to meet the needs of cars as they age past 75,000 miles, and its advanced formula can also be utilized in newer cars to help prevent the causes of engine breakdown before they ever begin.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
You'll be fine. There's no need to waste oil as it isn't going to hurt anything.