Sponsored

Worth it to upgrade to GTPP shocks/struts?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have a GT premium vert. I've lowered the front with BMR min drop springs and 20" wheels. I am very happy with the ride quality, but the front end is a little soft, feels a little bouncy.

I am just looking for a little here, don't want to ruin ride quality.

I am going to change the sway bars all around which if I remembered correctly tightened things up a bit.

I am also debating getting a set of PP shocks and struts. My concern is if they are worthwhile over the stock parts.

The only other option I've seen that I'd consider is the Steeda adjustable. However they are more money and I'd be worried that they are too stiff even adjusted down.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a GT premium vert. I've lowered the front with BMR min drop springs and 20" wheels. I am very happy with the ride quality, but the front end is a little soft, feels a little bouncy.

I am going to change the sway bars all around which if I remembered correctly tightened things up a bit.

I am also debating getting a set of PP shocks and struts. My concern is if they are worthwhile over the stock parts.

The only other option I've seen that I'd consider is the Steeda adjustable. However they are more money and I'd be worried that they are too stiff even adjusted down.

Thoughts?
If you can get them for cheap it would be a good option...they pair very well with the springs you have. Otherwise go for the Steedas. Adjusted to near full soft they'll ride just as well or better.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you can get them for cheap it would be a good option...they pair very well with the springs you have. Otherwise go for the Steedas. Adjusted to near full soft they'll ride just as well or better.
Yeah I am hoping to find a set of take offs.

Thanks for the feedback!

Do you think it's worth it to do bars in a case like mine? No track just want slightly sharper handling.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Thoughts?
I wouldn't think they would be too stiff on the low settings. Sure, you won't probably use the high end of the adjustment range, but since you mention 'bouncy', some additional shock dampening is going to help with that.

Honestly I'd do shocks before sways and only go to sways if you feel like you've got too much body roll. Most swaybar packages are too aggressive for my tastes.

Oh, and someone will be along shortly to recommend the Steeda upper shock mounts to pair with those. :bolt:

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

Thoughts?
I put BMR SP089/SP082 combo on my car with the non PP shocks/struts. The ride was a little too bouncy for me, especially in the rear. Put on PP shocks/struts and everything is great. BMR springs and PP shocks/struts pair really well together.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I put BMR SP089/SP082 combo on my car with the non PP shocks/struts. The ride was a little too bouncy for me, especially in the rear. Put on PP shocks/struts and everything is great. BMR springs and PP shocks/struts pair really well together.
Good to hear....now to find a set cheap!

Did you get take offs or new parts?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't think they would be too stiff on the low settings. Sure, you won't probably use the high end of the adjustment range, but since you mention 'bouncy', some additional shock dampening is going to help with that.

Honestly I'd do shocks before sways and only go to sways if you feel like you've got too much body roll. Most swaybar packages are too aggressive for my tastes.

Oh, and someone will be along shortly to recommend the Steeda upper shock mounts to pair with those. :bolt:
download_1.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
On a side note, the billet rear shock mounts DO work quite well for improving ride and reducing bounciness. I would recommend. There are many threads about them and many very happy people (most of which who questioned them at first, including me).

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
On a side note, the billet rear shock mounts DO work quite well for improving ride and reducing bounciness. I would recommend. There are many threads about them and many very happy people (most of which who questioned them at first, including me).
I am kinda questioning them too for $200!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I am kinda questioning them too for $200!
We can offer forum pricing to help with the cost - shoot me a message if you are interested.

They have been proven time and time again to be effective - many happy customers on the forum & they continue to be one of the best-selling mods we manufacture - you won't be disappointed in the quality & functionality of the part.

Oh & they are made right here in the U.S.A. right here in Valdosta, GA

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
We can offer forum pricing to help with the cost - shoot me a message if you are interested.

They have been proven time and time again to be effective - many happy customers on the forum & they continue to be one of the best-selling mods we manufacture - you won't be disappointed in the quality & functionality of the part.

Best Regards,

TJ
They certainly look durable. Do they help ride quality and performance even on a stockish car?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I haven't put mine on yet, but I can attest to the quality of the parts and materials. Absolutely bulletproof, billet works of art. They are almost too pretty to be covered up and never seen! I have no doubt that once in use, they will deliver. The fact that everyone who has bought them loves them and has detailed out what they actually did for the ride, helped me swallow their cost. When you open the box and hold one of the mounts in your hand you will say "Wow...these ARE nice...worth the money." I did.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored