Sponsored

Worth getting the extended warranty? 2017 GT/CS

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Not sure what you paid but if it was through the dealer I’m sure it was way too much. Also no need to buy it now. I bought mine at 35k miles through Flood Ford on my 15’ EB. As far as worth, consider it insurance so your betting something will happen. If it does it’s worth it. If your car is trouble free, it was a waste of money.
Yeah I bought mine through the dealer at a negotiated price but it was still too much, and I knew it. I'm not sure what I was thinking that day. At any rate, if something does go wrong outside of warranty, parts shouldn't be that bad and I've got a whole shop of tools to wrench with. Still, hoping for a smooth experience.

Now GAP insurance is another story. I always have that on every purchase, and this one is no exception.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Factory Warranty covers drive train only....right??:inspect:
You have a bumber to bumper warranty of 3 years or 36000 miles whichever come first. The powertrain warranty is a total of 5 years or 60000 miles whichever comes first. You’re extended warranty takes over the day after these warranties expire.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I bought mine through the dealer at a negotiated price but it was still too much, and I knew it. I'm not sure what I was thinking that day. At any rate, if something does go wrong outside of warranty, parts shouldn't be that bad and I've got a whole shop of tools to wrench with. Still, hoping for a smooth experience.

Now GAP insurance is another story. I always have that on every purchase, and this one is no exception.
upload_2020-1-20_10-49-10.jpeg

canvert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
I bought 7 year 70K mile Ford Warranty when I got my 2019 vert.......$1400 bumper to bumper seems worth it to me........if the top goes bad it's probably $3500 to replace??

3rd Party warranties are a true hassle.....stick with Ford and have less of a hassle..............IF you need to use it!!
Convertible tops are not covered on any Ford extended warranties. See the Premiumcare brochure for what is excluded.

https://fordprotect.ford.com/plan/i...FjAAegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw1tKUsqmN4GYqYWiY1mo76t

Sponsored

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
So what you are saying is I should find a dealership that won't care about some minor mods?
In the U.S. the dealer servicing has some input into the warranty claim process, some are more mod friendly than others...

Overall I think the Ford extended warranty is worth it if you plan to keep and use the car past warranty. I got one from Flood Ford online for much less than list and have already used it for the AC condenser issue at my local dealer.

Note there are various plan levels that cover different sets of components, miles, years.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
With the new Gen 3 Coyote motor issues, all new A10 tranny, and the past A/C inside dash condenser fiascos, the Ford ESPs are a piece of mind. And they have a payment program that allows you to spread the cost over a years time on a credit a credit card which is less painful. I keep my cars a long time so it makes sense. Just one repair and I am good. These new cars are not cheap to fix anymore.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

canvert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Anyone looking for an ESP, Flood Ford appears to have the best online prices but there is a promo code for Zeigler Ford which brings the price $50 cheaper than Flood on plans I was looking at. Found the code on an F150 site. Promo code is: PAYINFULL

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If you plan on leaving the car stock, the extended plan could be a good deal. I opted for the 7 year 48k miles warranty with tire and wheel. Particularly in view of the very costly potential repairs to a very complex, expensive vehicle, I felt it was worth it. It's going to be crap shoot either way. If I sell before the end of the warranty, it makes the car easier to sell and more valuable to the next owner.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
If you plan on leaving the car stock, the extended plan could be a good deal. I opted for the 7 year 48k miles warranty with tire and wheel. Particularly in view of the very costly potential repairs to a very complex, expensive vehicle, I felt it was worth it. It's going to be crap shoot either way. If I sell before the end of the warranty, it makes the car easier to sell and more valuable to the next owner.
Rick, why so low on the mileage? Basically you have a 4yr/12k bumper to bumper and 2yr/0k on the powertrain.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If you are tuned and the dealer submits a claim that is engine/drivetrain related Ford will deny it 99.99999% of the time. If you are going to tune, take the money for the warranty and put it in the bank just in case.
What are you considering engine/drivetrain?

I've had a cracked intake manifold replaced under warranty on a tuned Mustang. I've had rear hubs replaced under warranty on a Mustang with Steeda suspension.

And I've had HUGE savings having the Ford extended warranty. Saved thousands.

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP 6 speed
I just bought a 2015 GTPP 6 speed with 19k from a Land Rover dealership.

Got it home, called FORD. They sent out an appraiser to assess the car, now I have a 5 year/75k FORD warranty.

Cost $3k and they bill be $99.00 per month with $300 down. Maybe I shoulda just paid it, but 99 bucks a month auto draft from my account, I wont even feel it....

VERY HAPPY I have a FORD genuine warranty.

Good luck everyone!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
What are you considering engine/drivetrain?

I've had a cracked intake manifold replaced under warranty on a tuned Mustang. I've had rear hubs replaced under warranty on a Mustang with Steeda suspension.

And I've had HUGE savings having the Ford extended warranty. Saved thousands.
Everything covered under the 5yr/60k manufacturers warranty. That said that's where all the variables come in. The biggest one is the dealer. They make the claim. If they mention the car was tuned, Ford has a way out of virtually every powertrain related claim. Not saying the will but the certainly could. Many on this forum have horror story of denied warranty requests. Some for the stupidest reasons. But the number one claim killer are engine modifications. They can and do claim stress due to the additional power created by the tune.

Now you have a great dealer who is willing to work with you. That's great and i hope it never changes, I have a great dealer too. But so many of us do not. It is for that reason that I said proceed with caution and at your own risk.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....Many on this forum have horror story of denied warranty requests.....
This I'll challenge you on. I've never, ever seen a warranty claim denied due to mods.

Not once. Never.

Can you provide examples?
Sponsored