Sponsored

With the end in sight for the Hellcats, how much longer will the GT500 hold on.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
No one will pay that for a rebadged mustang. Well, maybe more than nobody, but not enough.

Absolutely correct.

I don’t get the hate for the Mach E. It’s a great electric vehicle. Maybe not what you or I want (although my wife would love it, and one may be in our future when at least one kid is gone) but it’s ideal for a whole bunch of people, a large swath of the demographic. Sure, the name may not align with what we consider a mustang, but blame the new product naming department, not the car. Like it or not, it’s a grand slam entry into the electric car market by ford (yeah, remember the volt?) and it allows us to keep having our v-8’s, at least for a time.
I kinda like the Mach E not sure if I’d buy one. I wouldn’t give up what I have now for one.
Sponsored

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Being as Ford had to reduce the horsepower & torque on the 22 GT, I’m feeling like it’s doubtful there will be another GT500. The rules are getting more and more stringent between now and the full death of ICE vehicles. Also, without any direct class competition from Chevy and Dodge there won’t be much incentive to make another one. Ford’s focus will shift to competing with whatever EV those two are producing…

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Not sure what global Mustang owners you know, but the majority that I know are just hard working guys and gals, and I don't know any that earn more than £100k per year and certainly don't own 2 homes (I wish!). And the Mustangs are bought on finance in the majority of cases. We choose a Mustang over a boring grey German car with a diesel engine.

We're the same demographic as the majority of US buyers, it's just we pay through the nose in terms of fuel. Here in the UK, it's around $8/gallon.

As for the disagreements going on in this thread, please use the Ignore function.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Global Mustang buyers are completely different demographic than majority of N. American buyers.

They speak 2-4 language fluently, travel often, likely have post graduate degrees, have 6-8 figure income, own 2 plus homes, are multi car owners paying cash.
Nope / once a year cycling between a UK break and a foreign holiday / nope / nope / nope / yes (for the Mustang).

I would say that more of a miss than a hit ... :like:

WD :like:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
As many of you have probably seen, Dodge announced that Hellcat powered vehicle will not survive past 2023 due to emission standards. With that said, how much longer will the GT500 be able to survive in its current form without some form of electrification?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/dodge-challenger-charger-hellcat-end-production/
The path is clear. Cars like the GT500 are history. In fact, manual natural aspirated V8's aren't long for this world either.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nmp1

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
The path is clear. Cars like the GT500 are history. In fact, manual natural aspirated V8's aren't long for this world either.
I agree with you 100%. The question is what will power the S650 generation GT500?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Follow Shelby's lead with Cobras. Just keep building and selling 2021 GT500s for as long as people buy them. Find out the smallest part a VIN can be assigned to and make a zillion of those now, hopefully a part that is either cheap or easily repurposed.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t get the hate for the Mach E. It’s a great electric vehicle. Maybe not what you or I want (although my wife would love it, and one may be in our future when at least one kid is gone) but it’s ideal for a whole bunch of people, a large swath of the demographic. Sure, the name may not align with what we consider a mustang, but blame the new product naming department, not the car.
Naming an SUV a Mustang is what bothers people. I haven't observed much hate for the car itself.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Global Mustang buyers are completely different demographic than majority of N. American buyers.

They speak 2-4 language fluently, travel often, likely have post graduate degrees, have 6-8 figure income, own 2 plus homes, are multi car owners paying cash.
I speak English and deep southeast Texas redneck. My Spanglish ain't the best so we will stick with 2.5 languages. So I fit right in with your European Stang buyers in all categories!!!!!
Have they ever skinned a deer, killed wild pigs that are tearing up the deer lease, and have deer and fish mounts in their home office?????

In regards to the topic at hand, Ford has invested a ton of capital in EV so they are keeping pace with what's to come as far as cafe regulations. $500,000,000 invested in Rivian. Will there be another V8 Shelby after the S550? I hope so but I would not be shocked if it did not happen.

FORD TO LEAD AMERICA’S SHIFT TO ELECTRIC VEHICLES WITH NEW MEGA CAMPUS IN TENNESSEE AND TWIN BATTERY PLANTS IN KENTUCKY; $11.4B INVESTMENT TO CREATE 11,000 JOBS AND POWER NEW LINEUP OF ADVANCED EVS

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...lead-americas-shift-to-electric-vehicles.html

E09ED268-2D03-4CCA-9D1B-F657AF2E237B.jpeg

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The current GT500 is history after MY2022 along with the S550. Will there be a S650 Shelby? No one knows yet. I will say that if there is a Shelby it will likely not have a supercharged V8. A twin turbo V6 at best.
I wouldn't count the V8 out yet, Ford supposedly spent many millions developing the upcoming Gen 4 Coyote.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Bro you live in a fantasy world.