Sponsored

With the end in sight for the Hellcats, how much longer will the GT500 hold on.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Well Shelby put it's stamp on 2.2 4 bnger turbo's.
So why not 2.3 4 banger turbos with a blue oval?
The E/B HHP will become the Shelby turbo mustang .

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The current GT500 is history after MY2022 along with the S550. Will there be a S650 Shelby? No one knows yet. I will say that if there is a Shelby it will likely not have a supercharged V8. A twin turbo V6 at best.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Well Shelby put it's stamp on 2.2 4 bnger turbo's.
So why not 2.3 4 banger turbos with a blue oval?
The E/B HHP will become the Shelby turbo mustang .
We’ll we had the SVO mustang back in the day didn’t sell well. I’m not sure if folks will buy a Shelby turbo mustang.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We’ll we had the SVO mustang back in the day didn’t sell well. I’m not sure if folks will buy a Shelby turbo mustang.
They might not have a choice.
Cafe regulations and Ford moving to an almost all truck and suv fleet will require it.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
The current GT500 is history after MY2022 along with the S550. Will there be a S650 Shelby? No one knows yet. I will say that if there is a Shelby it will likely not have a supercharged V8. A twin turbo V6 at best.
Kinda why I'm after a supercharged shelby right now

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
They might not have a choice.
Cafe regulations and Ford moving to an almost all truck and suv fleet will require it.
I agree they have no other cars to help with the fleet averages.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Ford did that back then to have the 50/50 weight. The SVO was a great car, once you dropped the 302 in it. We swapped the 4 bangers out of every one of those we could get our hands on back then. Anything like that won’t fly today in my opinion.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All they need to do is make them with posh leather interior , active suspension on par with Ferrari ( it's only coding), and refine the fit and finish coupled with vodoo and charge $175K.
Ford will pull the plug before they sell under 5000 unit yearly.
That 175k mustang better be named changed to Ford GT.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Dodge has bigger challenges than Ford. Show me one electric vehicle by the Dodge brand. And or should I say the now new owners formerly Peugeot who changed their name to Stelantis. They are paying Tesla 300-500 million a year to buy Carbon tax credits for their failures of not complying with Government’s EPA and Carbon Foot Print penalties. Ford on the other hand is way ahead of many others with Electric and Hybrid vehicles. Which means in turn they still have Ice

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge has bigger challenges than Ford. Show me one electric vehicle by the Dodge brand. And or should I say the now new owners formerly Peugeot who changed their name to Stelantis. They are paying Tesla 300-500 million a year to buy Carbon tax credits for their failures of not complying with Government’s EPA and Carbon Foot Print penalties. Ford on the other hand is way ahead of many others with Electric and Hybrid vehicles. Which means in turn they still have Ice
Don't matter, the new epa cafe regulations, Ford as a mostly truck and big suv and v8 pony car brand will never comply to.
YOU will see a turbo 4 f-150 truck and more and more Stangs will be 4 bangers. They will be forced to build and sell 15-20 4 banger stangs for every ONE v8 Stang produced.
Unless they bring back a small economy car and build it right and to last, and it sells like hotcakes, meaning it can't be a 28-36k pos.
If the automakers were smart, they all get together and tell the epa to duck off.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They already told them to duck off when they killed all cars because SUVs and trucks circumvented the regs. Now fuel consumption avg is increasing in reality because 5000 lb turbo 4 cyl don't even get close to the advertised milage nor do the V6 or V8 haha.
Um, that loophole was closed come 2025.
Sorry.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
All they need to do is make them with posh leather interior , active suspension on par with Ferrari ( it's only coding), and refine the fit and finish coupled with vodoo and charge $175K.
No one will pay that for a rebadged mustang. Well, maybe more than nobody, but not enough.
Ford will pull the plug before they sell under 5000 unit yearly.
That 175k mustang better be named changed to Ford GT.
Absolutely correct.
As much as many of us dislike the Mach-E, you can be thankful that good sales of that car means the V8 Mustangs continue. For now, at least.
I don’t get the hate for the Mach E. It’s a great electric vehicle. Maybe not what you or I want (although my wife would love it, and one may be in our future when at least one kid is gone) but it’s ideal for a whole bunch of people, a large swath of the demographic. Sure, the name may not align with what we consider a mustang, but blame the new product naming department, not the car. Like it or not, it’s a grand slam entry into the electric car market by ford (yeah, remember the volt?) and it allows us to keep having our v-8’s, at least for a time.
Sponsored