Sponsored

window up/door opening weirdness

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Yep. Sure cheapens the experience.
I don't think the dealers enjoy taking care of these details.
When I got my '16 which now has 1,800 miles now on the clock, I had the hood paint defect on delivery, a misaligned driver door (still not right), misaligned driver window, loose bumper clip, misaligned tail light, crooked headlight and misaligned fender. I had them fix the paint on delivery and I popped back the bumper cover, but this was all on the left side of the vehicle. The right side was assembled well.
So, mine goes to the shop Monday for the final alignment of all the panels since it's out of warranty soon. Top end shop, so not worried and the adjustments are minor but enough to drive any car person crazy.
Sponsored

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
so the dealer is telling me that the part numbers between my 2019 and my son's 2017 gt coupes are different for the glass so adjustment won't be the same- my son's windows work perfectly with no wind noise. i went through parts.ford.com and used his vin and mine and i found identical parts. i called back leaving a message. i can't see how he is saying they are different unless he is looking at the LH vs RH (left hand versus right hand) parts which in fact are different. my LH and RH are identical to my son's LH and RH part numbers per that website- unless the website is wrong?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like something theyd say to avoid and deflect. Just like I told you. Right? Ford needs to fix this crappy attitude with their dealers. It's adjustments. If Ford isn't willing to build them correctly then they should at the very least have dealers willing to resolve these types of issues.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
right. now i will say i called same dealer, and spoke with parts. the part number is identical except for a leading "6" for the 2017's door glass. that tells me it's not a dimension thing but rather a composition thing perhaps. they wouldn't re-engineer the whole front door between 2017 and 2019 as far as i think, but maybe i am wrong...

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have the same issue on my 16'. Drivers side only. Like the window doesn't react fast enough when opening the door and it every so slightly clips the top edge. I wish the window dropped as soon as I touched the handle.

Sponsored

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
so got the car back. they dropped each side's glass by 1/8" and it is perfect now.

fyi- my new 2019 coupe's door glass rested 2.5 8ths down from the trim when the door was slightly open. My son's was 3.5 8ths. a difference of 1/8". I used a ruler that didn't have 16ths so in reality mine was between 2/8"s and 3/8"s which is 5/16" from the trim to the top of glass and my son's is between 3/8"s and 4/8"s which is 7/16ths inch. A difference if 2/16th or 1/8th.

i know, i really complicated this.....

that drop made al the difference.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine got back from the shop Tuesday. The car came out better than the factory assembled right side. The fender was moved, door aligned, and window moved back and raised 1/8", bumper cover removed to align headlight and hood aligned and bolts touched up.
Looks great now that everything is installed properly. They did a great job. Better than new. Factory lines move quickly. It happens.
Sponsored