Sponsored

Window Tinting for 2018 Stangs

mstngjpm1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Fastback Auto
Hey guys
Will pick up my car in next two weeks and I am wondering whether I should push the button on window tinting through my dealer. Is the standard factory "tint" on OE glass dark enough so as not having a need for an aftermarket tint? I know that some cars like the Focus have a very dark "factory tint" that is dark enough so that an aftermarket tint isn't really necessary. What are your thoughts......
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
You will definitely need tinting.

The dealer will charge you at least double for the same (or, in many cases, better) product that you can organise yourself through a tinting company.

Beware the Ming.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
You will definitely need tinting.

The dealer will charge you at least double for the same (or, in many cases, better) product that you can organise yourself through a tinting company.

Beware the Ming.
The ming got me today wanted $700 for tint,Lmfao $250 from everywhere else. Ming lost:crackup:

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
same here, dealer wanted some astronomical price
anyway where I am its around $290, mines booked in next Tuesday
thinking about 30% on sides and 22% rear screen

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Slightly off topic but my dealer offered to fit a Blackvue DR750s-2Ch for $1275 then I found it online from Sydney for less than $600

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
The ming got me today wanted $700 for tint,Lmfao $250 from everywhere else. Ming lost:crackup:
Ha yes the same girl wanted $2395 for paint protection the brand of which gets very poor user reviews. When I turned it down the reply was "I must say that I’m a little surprised! You would be the first to pick up an MY18 Mustang without even a paint coating." I let her know that if I did decide to get protection I would do it myself.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Ha yes the same girl wanted $2395 for paint protection the brand of which gets very poor user reviews. When I turned it down the reply was "I must say that I’m a little surprised! You would be the first to pick up an MY18 Mustang without even a paint coating." I let her know that if I did decide to get protection I would do it myself.
Wow thats funny she said the exact same words to me,word for word.:cwl:

Reactions: PKs

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
I ended up going with OPTICOTE + paint protection The guy comes to your house and does it,not sure who i'll get to do my tint yet will look around today.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I ended up going with OPTICOTE + paint protection The guy comes to your house and does it,not sure who i'll get to do my tint yet will look around today.

If I was in full time employment I would likely get it done by the professionals but a while back I got some good encouragement on this forum to do it myself. It doesn't seem overly hard just time consuming. It was a toss up whether to use CQuartz or Gyeon and I think that it will be Gyeon. Car Care Products in Coorparoo Brisbane sell their products. Let me know how your tinting goes.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
If I was in full time employment I would likely get it done by the professionals but a while back I got some good encouragement on this forum to do it myself. It doesn't seem overly hard just time consuming. It was a toss up whether to use CQuartz or Gyeon and I think that it will be Gyeon. Car Care Products in Coorparoo Brisbane sell their products. Let me know how your tinting goes.
Yeah i would do it myself if i could as well but i need 2 shoulder replacements and a knee replacement,getting old just sucks,:crackup:

Reactions: PKs

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What part of Melbourne are you in? If the east to outer east, we've taken 4 cars in the last 2 years to Tint-A-Car in Lilydale. Guy that runs it is really nice and does a great job. He also does some awesome body wraps as he showed us his own track car that he was working on when we went last time

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
How much does opticoat usually run for?
I got mine done for $1000 inside and out + colour correction,but we did have a couple of cars done so he looked after us.
Sponsored