Window Tint, Body Wax, necessary?

zsz1992418

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Triple Yellow 10AT, 301A, PP, Active Exhaust, Magneride
Do people here do window tint, body wax, and wheel wax(is there such thing) to their car?

I am coming from a Accord which I didn't pay any attention to other than maintenance schedule.
I really enjoy the Mustang GT so want to keep it look good and shiny. But quite overwhelmed by the different types of product on window tint and body wax if I just google it.

Usage and condition:
DD car.
In Bay Area so UV could be strong.
Won't drive it in bad whether like rain.

Any info/suggestion will be appreciated.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Most definitely. All those things. You'll want to check out what the tint laws are in CA, but mine was tinted by an outside shop with a lifetime warranty before I even took delivery.

As for wax, yes. Ask 100 people their opinions on what wax to use, and you'll get 100 different answers. Personally, I used Chemical Guys XXX Carnuba wax on my car OVER Blackfire Crystal Seal sealant on my Race Red Mustang for the first ~three years I owned it. I just had the car detailed, including clay, paint decontamination, and a two stage paint polishing, then I applied Optimum GlossCoat ceramic coating, with a coat of Optimum OptiSeal over it.

If I were you, I'd look into a ceramic coating for all surfaces - paint, plastics, glass, wheels. It can be pricey to have done (I've seen anywhere from $500 to $3500) depending on the condition of the paint, how much correction you have them do, how many coats of ceramic, and what product they use, but it's best to have it done as soon as you get the car. The ceramic coating will last anywhere from two years to five, again, depending on the product and how many coats you get.

JR

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Had my windows tinted with 3M Crystalline within a week after driving it home. You may want to consider having the windshield tinted (though illegal) as with a good quality tint the UV rays blocked will add years of life to the interior and also keep it cooler when parked in direct sunlight. If you use light tint most officers won't notice it nor will they care. Same with driver/passenger windows. Whether you get a ticket for that is based on the individual officer and situation. Some officers, a few, make it their life's work to get the 'tinted guys' and others, mostly, don't care too much about it and have their personal vehicles windows tinted. Someone may come along soon to tell you that window tint will send you straight down to burn in hell... :curse:

As above, wax preference is close to asking about the best oil! Everybody has their favorite based on... whatever, and all other brands are garbage!!! Get paint protection and keep your 'Stang clean! :like:

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Beware of snake oil salesmen. Anything liquid or paste that’s a car care product is most likely just the same old thing with a newer shiny label and maybe some grape smelling fragrance. Most of the car care products are just successful because of marketing and customers love to say they found the bestest stuff ever. Nearly anything at Walmart does basically the same thing as the fancy stuff that is suggested all over the internet.

Think twice about ceramic coatings, another marketing home run. There isn’t anything ceramic in the stuff just a powerful word that makes users think it’s some sort of hard shell that protects like hardened diamonds. It’s just hydrophobic chemicals that repel water and make cool water spots when they bead up and dry.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I took my car to a local speed shop and had them put legal window tint for my state. Cost was a couple hundred dollars.

I wax our cars every couple of months. Just use a spray on and wipe off wax.
IMG_20170201_122212793_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

chewdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Ruby Red
Beware of snake oil salesmen. Anything liquid or paste that’s a car care product is most likely just the same old thing with a newer shiny label and maybe some grape smelling fragrance. Most of the car care products are just successful because of marketing and customers love to say they found the bestest stuff ever. Nearly anything at Walmart does basically the same thing as the fancy stuff that is suggested all over the internet.

Think twice about ceramic coatings, another marketing home run. There isn’t anything ceramic in the stuff just a powerful word that makes users think it’s some sort of hard shell that protects like hardened diamonds. It’s just hydrophobic chemicals that repel water and make cool water spots when they bead up and dry.
+1 on the Walmart stuff. Never had a problem. I do prefer to stay away from heavily colored soaps no matter who makes them. The colored stuff can stain if not rinsed thoroughly (like in cracks and crevices).

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I applied a coat of good, old Liquid Glass upon delivery and have used Joe Gibbs Race Wax detail spray (great stuff) since. Great gloss and depth, beads water like a mofo.

As for washing, nothing but cold, clean water.

:rockon:
Sponsored