Window grease streaks?

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
16' Mustang Ecoboost *Magnetic* Prem.
Theres nothing more annoying than a dirty window. Is there any solution to this? My friends were telling me to spray simple green down in the door so it de-greases the inside. I LOVE driving with the window down. But this is very annoying. :frusty:

The picture that I took is a couple days after I detailed the car. I make my windows SPOTLESS, and put a lot of care into them. Clean windows are a must lol

also sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread. I couldn't find this topic anywhere!
rsz_imag0037.jpg
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I have the same sort of mess from the shop guys that installed some of my aftermarket parts. Been there on the inside of my windows for weeks and I can't get the crap off without leaving streaks. Eager to hear what solutions people give you.

OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
16' Mustang Ecoboost *Magnetic* Prem.
I have the same sort of mess from the shop guys that installed some of my aftermarket parts. Been there on the inside of my windows for weeks and I can't get the crap off without leaving streaks. Eager to hear what solutions people give you.
Same, I can't stand having dirty windows. Even when I'm a passenger in someone else's car I get annoyed with their dirty windows to.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I had this problem when I accidentally had a little grease spot on a microfiber towel that I used to clean the windows. The problem with trying to clean them normally is that you just swirl it around. I found it best to make sure the little area at the bottom of the window is as clean as possible, then open the door and clean the window in an upward motion with pressure on both sides so as not to break it. I wound up using 2 clean (made sure!) microtowels and just kept making an upward squeegee-motion pulling it off the window. Then used a mild kitchen degreaser sprayed onto another towel (never spray that crap at the window or it'll get on and discolor other parts) and doing the same thing until clean.

Good luck. If it's actually in the door frame.....I guess you can try cleaning the window and then pulling the stripping back and cleaning behind it? Probably best to just take the whole panel off at that point since it'll keep coming back for a long time.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Check out Adams polishes page on the net. i think there is a spray to help with that.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Do not "spray simple green down in the door".

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I have the same issue.

Luckily I do have a bottle of Adams polish glass cleaner. It works great, but the streaks always come back!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
It appears to me the issue is a great or?? on either the window fuzzy if on the inside or the rubber seal if on the outside. Roll window clean fuzzy and rubber seal first, then roll window up and clean window. Adams is great but I use Zaino window cleaner for all my glass.
image.jpg

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Windows are PITA!
Sponsored