Sponsored

Will this fit our motor to pull out of bay?

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT

Guarded GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT 5.0 A6 base
Uh, isn't that for a carb intake.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Uh, isn't that for a carb intake.
Maybe lol what do I use to attach the engine hoist to our motor? I don't have anyone to show me so I rely on the help I get from these forums.

Guarded GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT 5.0 A6 base
Not a s550 but this may help
image.jpeg

Ruby red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby red premium GT
Your link is for a carburetor based intake manifold. You need something like Guarded GT showed in his post. Also you can mount the chains directly to the block with some grade 8 bolts and washers. Also if you do it this way make sure you attach the chains evenly. I'm guessing you are pulling your engine. Mod motors are big. I suggest you remove the exhaust manifolds and the hood for some added clearance.

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
If you want to do it the way Ford does it on the assembly line, you'll want M-19515-M50 brackets, but they have recently been discontinued. If you want to do it the way most do-it-yourselfers would do, get a leveler as shown above from Harbor Freight and just fine points on the block to attach the brackets to.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your link is for a carburetor based intake manifold. You need something like Guarded GT showed in his post. Also you can mount the chains directly to the block with some grade 8 bolts and washers. Also if you do it this way make sure you attach the chains evenly. I'm guessing you are pulling your engine. Mod motors are big. I suggest you remove the exhaust manifolds and the hood for some added clearance.
Thanks for the advice!

This is going to be a huge job I'll be doing. I plan on pulling my transmission/driveshaft/exhaust.

Then I plan to pull the front bumper, and cut the grill in front of air intake area.

I'll also be pulling my intercooler and adding 2 9" fans to it, but while I'm at it I'll pull the radiator, bumper support, etc. Then I'm hoping to be able to hook up the motor to the engine puller and just go straight out the front of the car with it.

Will this work?

http://www.amazon.com/Strongway-Engine-Leveler-500-Lb-Capacity/dp/B00TIN4Y3E?ie=UTF8&keywords=engine%20leveler&qid=1465493106&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to do it the way Ford does it on the assembly line, you'll want M-19515-M50 brackets, but they have recently been discontinued. If you want to do it the way most do-it-yourselfers would do, get a leveler as shown above from Harbor Freight and just fine points on the block to attach the brackets to.
Thanks for the info!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Thanks for the advice!

This is going to be a huge job I'll be doing. I plan on pulling my transmission/driveshaft/exhaust.

Then I plan to pull the front bumper, and cut the grill in front of air intake area.

I'll also be pulling my intercooler and adding 2 9" fans to it, but while I'm at it I'll pull the radiator, bumper support, etc. Then I'm hoping to be able to hook up the motor to the engine puller and just go straight out the front of the car with it.

Will this work?

http://www.amazon.com/Strongway-Engine-Leveler-500-Lb-Capacity/dp/B00TIN4Y3E?ie=UTF8&keywords=engine%20leveler&qid=1465493106&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6
Yes.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Can the S550's not go out the bottom? So much easier on every other car designed for bottom removal.

Sponsored

Guarded GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT 5.0 A6 base
That will work like lethal said check harbor freight may be cheaper, they always have sales going on.

Guarded GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT 5.0 A6 base
Can the S550's not go out the bottom? So much easier on every other car designed for bottom removal.
Not everyone has a two post lift in there garage, so ya gotta do what ya gotta do, lol

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ideally I would LOVE to somehow disconnect trans, drop motor onto something, and roll it straight out the front.

I'm not comfortable putting the motor on the floor, and lifting the car up high to get it over the motor.

If you know of a better way to pull the motor than I am planning by all means please let me know.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I don't have a two post lift. Came out through the bottom on my 04'. Wheels and tires off, couple 2X4 scraps for under the cradle, very tall heavy duty jackstands, and some concrete pavers to get floor jack to go high enough. WAY easier through the bottom imo. Ya its a pain getting the body high enough, but so is squeezing it all through the engine compartment opening.